Please add "find/replace" feature to Mac (+2 Merged Votes)

Options
2»

Comments

• Irkle
    Irkle Member
    Options
    This is a huge gap and is frequently used. Please add find/replace functionality in Mac version to match the Windows version.
  • DebSRay
    DebSRay Member
    Options
    I have a zero percent credit card ... so payment on the bill can be deferred ... I enter the transactions into Quicken, but postdate them by a year. Then, when I want to make a payment, I change the date to the present. It seems ridiculous that I have to do this one transaction at a time ... Why is there no batch-change option for dates?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Why do you post-date the transactions? It seems you’re fighting against what Quicken is designed to do. I would enter the transactions on their actual date. This gives you an accurate record of what you have spent, and when. And the balance of the account grows to show what you owe. The fact that no payment is due for a year doesn’t require changing the transaction dates.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Under Consideration as it has reached enough votes and has been submitted to our Product and Development team for further review.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Planned as it has been accepted by our Product and Development team for future implementation. However, we do not have an ETA available.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Geojung
    Geojung Member ✭✭
    Options

Any update on Find and Replace for Mac? George

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Geojung,

I merged your idea with the existing idea. The Idea's current status is Planned, but we do not have an ETA.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Thomas Goodhart
    Thomas Goodhart Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Long time user of Quicken Windows.
    I have been using another product for a few years, but have switched back to Quicken for Mac.

The Find and Replace was really useful to clean up data after conversion.

I really need to change investment transaction types from Dividend Income to Miscellaneous Income so I can assign a Foreign Dividend category.

• mayall
    mayall Member ✭✭
    edited January 5
    Options

Find & Replace is one of the most common features in productivity software yet is missing in Quicken for Mac.

While the Edit feature has some capabilities, it is not a true Find & Replace. In particular, it does not affect split transactions. There are many times when changes need to be made to groups of split transactions. Perhaps the most painful need for Find & Replace is when converting from Personal to "Business & Personal".

When converting to "Business & Personal" Quicken, split transactions get assigned the default business account. If you have more than one business account, updating all the existing split transactions can take hours if you have much historical data.

Quicken, please add Find & Replace to Quicken Classic for Mac.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @mayall,

Your idea has been merged into this already active Idea thread regarding the same request.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• mayall
    mayall Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. I created a new comment because the issue is especially acute when converting from "Personal" to "Business & Personal". During the process of updating, it is easy to end up with hundreds of split transactions with the wrong Business Account. It is extraordinarily painful to fix.

I wanted the new comment to be a bit of a warning to owners of Personal who upgrade as well as a general comment.