Please add "find/replace" feature to Mac (edited)

Just wondering when the feature find/replace will be implemented to the Quicken 2020 Mac Version 5.15.3 (Build 515.33035.100)
Tagged:
21 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• cborjon
    cborjon Member ✭✭
    Does Quicken 2020 for Mac have a Find and Replace feature?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @cborjon

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread to add the add a Find/Replace feature to Quicken for Mac.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • cborjon
    cborjon Member ✭✭
    Vote....Seriously. Functionality that is found in '90s software and was in previous versions of the Mac (step-child) version of Quicken. It is in the Windows version...how hard can it be. Nothing earth-shattering here. Next thing you know people will ask for drag and drop.

Someone remind me why I want to renew this subscription. Why?
  • Very disappointing that this feature has been dropped, need it back asap, been using this product for multiple decades and this is a definite step backward.
  • ghfriedman
    ghfriedman Unconfirmed, Member
    agree with the above. Really need Find and Replace option to edit multiple transaction. This should be a high priority!!!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited February 28
    Hello @ghfriedman

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to add your vote! While there currently is no Find/Replace option,  you may still edit multiple transactions at once.

To do so, start by searching for a payee/category to isolate the transactions that you would like to edit.

I would then select Command + A to highlight the entire register.

I would then navigate to the "Edit" option along the bottom of the register and type "Transfer" under the category to select the appropriate account.

The only caveat being, split transactions can only be edited individually and the process can not be applied to split transactions.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Miranda
    Miranda Member ✭✭
    As someone who is migrating from Windows Quicken and has a 23 year history that they are trying to clean up, this is really disappointing to see this is not there. Yes, I have upvoted it and yes I see the post about editing payee/category to edit multiple transactions, but the fact that you can't edit split transaction detail lines is really disappointing. I am wanting to clean up the categorization on my paychecks now that the default categories have changed since the paychecks were created many years ago, and some of the categories from the paycheck wizard in Windows don't exist at all in the Mac version like _401EmployerContrib, but these paychecks are all obviously split transactions.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    I may not completely understand your issue, but it seems to me that if you go into the categories list (Window:Categories from the main menu) and find the category you wish to change (e.g., from "_401EmployerContrib" to "Employer Match") the category name will be changed globally and you won't have to go into each split. The same would work for payees.
  • tigerluv700
    tigerluv700 Unconfirmed, Member
    Please add the feature "Find & Replace" to Quicken MAC as soon as possible. I have been using MAC PC for decades and just this past year merged into Quicken MAC. It is very disappointing that this feature is not available.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    @tigerluv700 What are you trying to find and replace? A category? A payee? Both of these are easily searched through the Window menu.
  • DWIM
    DWIM Member
    First post: Using Quicken Deluxe for Mac 6.1. Just an FYI. I needed to mass-change several transactions, replacing the Memo/Notes info from <SomeString> to <NewString>. To do so, I: (a) Used the find (Edit/Find/Find or the search field upper-right transaction screen) to show only those satisfying <SomeString>; (b) Used a command-A (Select all) to select all transactions found; (c) Clicked the Pencil / Edit button at the bottom of the found transaction list, which brought up a dialog within which I could enter <NewString> as the replacement in that field. There were several other options for replacement as well. BTW, if one transaction is selected, you can change field values in the 'normal' way (that transaction is highlighted). OTOH, if >1 transaction is selected and you click the Pencil/Edit button, the dialog on a new window comes up, to change them all.
  • stevietjackson
    stevietjackson Member
    I agree with all above. I've been a Quicken user for 15 years on windows and the Mac version is so bad. Budgets and Budget Reports were a key feature that I used extensively and the Mac version is rudimentary at best. On windows I created a budget at the beginning of each year and from the create budget screen, I could review past expenses and make adjustments or the new budget. As the year progressed, I could run a budget report and drill down into the report to see all income and expenses to make corrections. I would set down with my wife and review our spending so we could see what we spend our money on and if we were on budget. The Mac version is horrible. My work around is to create an category report and divide by 12. Now I find that the search and replace is non-existent. WTF! I almost sent the MAC back because of this crappy program, but I have decided to struggle with it. Quicken should be ashamed!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Find and Replace is partially implemented in Quicken Mac; it works well -- except for transactions with splits. That's a gaping hole, and really needs to be fixed.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993