Feature Request: Change Text Size in Printed Reports (Q Mac)

gcvsea
gcvsea Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Reports
Earlier versions of Quicken for Mac allowed users to change the text size in printed reports. This was a really nice option because it saved paper in print-outs. I can't find a way to do this in Quicken 2020 for Mac. If it is possible, I'd like to know how. If not, I suggest that this be added to future updates.
Tagged:
16 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest

This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team"

~~~***~~~
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I think this is a useful idea, but I don't know what more to say about it that isn't obvious. The only way to control any sizing in reports currently is shrink to fit page, which is a backwards way of controlling text size. Users should be able to independently select font size for their reports to better suit their own readability needs.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • cristjen
    cristjen Member
    PLEASE help us by allowing us to change the font sizes for reports (just like you do in Windows!) I can barely read my annual financial reports, the font sizes are too tiny for a guy like me who is 60 years old. Even with reading glasses, I can't make it out. This is a basic thing one should be able to control. Pretty lame Intuit!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @cristjen While Quicken Mac doesn't let us specifically adjust the font size in reports, you can control how much fits onto a page — which means you indirectly control the font size. There are several things you can do to make reports more readable. 
    • You control which columns appear in a report, so if there are columns you don't need in the report, remove those columns.
    • You control how wide columns are in a report, look at the data and see if you'd be okay with making any columns a bit narrower. 
    • In the print dialog box, there's a setting for fitting to one page wide, or 2 (or more) pages wide.
    • If reports are vertical (portrait) orientation, consider turning them to horizontal (landscape) orientation to allow more to fit in the width of the page without Quicken scaling the font size down.
    The combined effect of these settings allows you to get the text size small enough to fit on a page or two if you want, or large enough to be more legible. It may take a few quick trial-and-error attempts (using Print Preview) to tweak things to the way you want for a particular report.

Another thing you can try is selecting a larger paper size in the print dialog box, such as legal or even ledger. If you need a printed report, most printers can handle legal-size paper. If you don't need a printed report, you can print to a PDF, and then you can zoom in as much as you want to view at a larger size.

In a thread last year, I posted some screen shots of how tweaking the column widths can make a significant impact on font size and readability, so you might find it helpful to read that post

While you're there, scroll up to the top of that thread and add your vote for report customization features. (It's more likely to get action than a new Idea thread.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @cristjen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and merged your Idea to this active Idea thread regarding this topic.

Ideas are reviewed by our Development and Product teams to see what features people would like to have available in the future. Please, be sure to add your own vote as well by clicking the up arrow (see example below).

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gcvsea
    gcvsea Member ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if there were a way to change the font size in printed reports. On the screen the font size looks small. When printed the font size is very large and uses a lot of paper. I'd like to reduce the font size to use less paper. My understanding is that Mac users can not change report font sizes while Windows users have this ability.
  • KellyFord
    KellyFord Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023

Some reports allow font size adjustments under 'view', but others don't have the view option. It would be very helpful to allow all reports to have font size adjusted to improve readability (particularly for older eyes!)

• Hello @KellyFord,

Thank you for coming to the Community to share your Idea! Since there was already an existing request for this functionality, your idea has been merged with the existing thread.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.