Fifth Third Bank continues to error [edited]

Answers

• ianschneid
    ianschneid Member ✭✭
    geo791 - Thanks!! Worked ike a charm. Here's hoping SOMEONE fixes the Direct Connect issue!!
  • geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @ianschneid Glad it worked for you. :)  I don't think we need to be concerned about Direct Connect unless one uses Quicken Bill Pay. Most banks now offer free bill pay service. I used to pay bills through the Quicken program but have found it easier to go to the bank's web site and pay from there. The transaction will be downloaded to Quicken anyway. FYI
  • ianschneid
    ianschneid Member ✭✭
    I don't use quicken bill pay. I find it easier just to use the bank's website as well. If something does go wrong, I'm only dealing with the bank.
  • Marilyn
    Marilyn Member ✭✭
    I tried using Web Express and while the connection to 53 did download the transactions, it also incorrectly computed total amount and gave me an extra $24000 that I don't have. Was able to restore using my backup and now not downloading from 53 again.

I have been using Quicken since the mid to late 90's and since I do not use bill pay, or several of the other features, which I am not happy with, I too am considering saying good bye to Quicken. Too many
    errors and annoyances using it anymore.

The supposed convenience of having things downloaded to my computer ends up not being that convenient. I spend way too much time correcting errors. Not happy.

Marilyn
  • Matt 40223
    Matt 40223 Member
    I am getting this error as well since the end of July. Is there an ETA on when this will be corrected?
  • Marilyn
    Marilyn Member ✭✭
    This morning I finally was able to download transactions from 53 bank. No longer getting the OL 220
  • geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again! After the OL-220-A error was resolved the transactions downloaded using Direct Connect for a couple of days. Now we have a new error, OL-393-A, and once again, the transactions from Fifth Third Bank will not download. Grrrrrr...
  • geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just tried again at 4:00 and no joy. I even deactivated the accounts and reactivated but still receive OL-393-A error with no downloads.
  • geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    OL-393-A Error:
    I discovered the cause of this error when connecting to Fifth Third Bank. When I deactivated, and then reactivated, my accounts to resolve an issue, the "Bank Bill Pay" was activated in the Savings account. It should only be activated in the Checking account. I deactivated the "Bank Bill Pay" in the Savings account and the error OL-393-A was resolved.
  • Jay Jay
    Jay Jay Member ✭✭
    anyone else having one step update problem with fifth third bank Started not working 9/29/21
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Perhaps your issue is related to the Alert that was posted on 9/28?:  NEW 9/28/21 Fifth/Third Direct Connect OL-332-A or Invalid Login error.  If it is and you wish to be kept updated on it, be sure to bookmark it.
    If this is not the issue you are experiencing, please provide more details, including any error message or code you are receiving.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• ApexMI
    ApexMI Member
    I haven't been able to update all week, This happens a couple times a year but usually resolves in a day or two. When will this be fixed? I pay for a subscription that is not currently working.
  • ricklynchcore
    ricklynchcore Member ✭✭
    Yup, same here. Since last update. I deleted direct connect, and attempted to reconnect only to get message of incorrect login try later.
  • Jay Jay
    Jay Jay Member ✭✭
    Still have same problem (now third day not working)
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on when a resolution will be available. However, while the investigation remains ongoing, any and all updates will be posted in this Community Alert. You can bookmark the post if you would like to be notified of updates as they become available by clicking the bookmark ribbon located at the top-right corner of the post.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• wdlewis60
    wdlewis60 Member ✭✭
    problem has lasted 5 days now, when will it be corrected?
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @wdlewis60,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on when a resolution will be available. However, while the investigation remains ongoing, any and all updates will be posted in this Community Alert. You can bookmark the post if you would like to be notified of updates as they become available by clicking the bookmark ribbon located at the top-right corner of the post.

-Quicken Anja

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jay Jay - The last update to the Alert was posted on 9/29 and the Moderator requested waiting 48 hrs before trying to update our account(s).  Sometime today would be 48 hrs.  So, you might want to try later today (tonight?) or tomorrow.  Hopefully it will be resolved by then.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• WPM2
    WPM2 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem and it has gone unresolved for 3 days now. Any updates on a fix?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @WPM2

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. The issue with Fifth and Third bank is still being worked on. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and your patience is appreciated. 

For more information and updates as we receive them please visit the link below. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7899652/new-9-28-21-fifth-third-direct-connect-ol-332-a-or-invalid-login-error#latest

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • lovely10987
    lovely10987 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue for 6 days. Update appreciated.
  • I have waited multiple days before trying to log in again and the problem has persisted for almost a week now. I can log into the bank via the browser with no issues. I have not changed the password for this bank even though I have tried to update it in quicken to confirm the correct password. How can I resolve this? Thank you!
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @jameswolfe8561,

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.