No release announcement for R42.8 - yet. What is availability status?

Options
leishirsute
leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
No release announcement for R42.8 - yet.  Is it available to all users?

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is in staged release, I had it offered this AM both at startup of Quicken and on the OSU summary window and turned it down both times to wait and see if there were any major hiccups.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is in staged release, I had it offered this AM both at startup of Quicken and on the OSU summary window and turned it down both times to wait and see if there were any major hiccups.

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I installed the update this morning.  So far I noticed one issue when doing an OSU.  The matched transactions showed up as "New" and I had to manually match the transactions to change them to "Match".

Update 7-9-2022 - No longer have this issue.  Matched transactions are matching up properly with transactions in the register and show as "Match".
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @leishirsute,

This release is in staged release and the announcement has just been posted here.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As usual I will wait... I haven't even installed the last update.... 

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• TexMike
    TexMike Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I downloaded the update this morning to Release 42.8 and it really jacked up my Quicken versions. Here is my post: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7915952/update-r42-8-causing-reset-loop-back-to-version-r1#latest
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of the improvements/fixes look pretty good so I thank the developers, and all involved for their efforts.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I have tested/tried as many of the items I could in the release notes and so far, everything is working great.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just updated my secondary computer to R42.8.  I have an auto-entered (2 days in advance) reminder for the electric bill for a typical amount.  Each month when the transaction downloads from the credit card that it is billed to, I change the amount of the already entered transaction in register and the entry in the Downloaded Transactions tab changed to "Match".
    Well, R42.8 broke that behavior with its "new and improved" matching process and the transaction remains in "New" status.  I had to change to a different account register and back for Quicken to show the transaction as "Match".
    Not an improvement, so one step forward and one step backward on this feature as far as I'm concerned.  The matching routine worked just fine for me and now requires more interaction on my part.
    Another change is that I create a transaction in my checking account with a blank Category for my BJs MasterCard account payment.  I did this so that when I downloaded and imported a QIF file using ImportQIF, Quicken would ask if the imported transaction was a match to the checking account transaction and would then turn the pair into a transfer.  Something is now causing Quicken to create it as a new transfer (not due to anything in the Memorized Payee list) in the Checking account so that there are two transactions in Checking.  Bad news.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @splasher I updated to R42.8 yesterday and also experienced the same issue with matched transactions not matching.  I had to manually match all downloaded transactions because they wouldn't change from "New".

But today, when I did an OSU, everything match up just fine.  I think if you were to do another update or OSU on Monday, you might find everything working as it should.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got to love this comment in the release notes.  Anyone want to point me to the "Save" button in the Rearrange Accounts?

Signature:
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    Got to love this comment in the release notes.  Anyone want to point me to the "Save" button in the Rearrange Accounts?

In case this wasn't obvious, the Save button was changed to the Done button.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know, I just find the "disconnect" between what the developers do, and what is documented, "interesting".
    Signature:
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    I know, I just find the "disconnect" between what the developers do, and what is documented, "interesting".
    In that case, you must "love" the What's NewAdded option to append time to a backup file name as well as the date.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sherlock said:
    Chris_QPW said:
    In that case, you must "love" the What's NewAdded option to append time to a backup file name as well as the date.
    Yep, I should have included that one too.  :smile:

I actually messed on that post.  I really wanted to post it with a  :) so people knew I was half joking.
    I just forgot to do that.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.