R42.21 - Amex OL-294-A error.

Options

Answers

• Kroth
    Kroth Member ✭✭
    Options
    Got an issue this morning saying AMEX wasn't reachable. Usually its a problem on quickens end when I get this, and deactivating/reactivating solves it. However, when I go to add an account, I get to this screen and nothing changes. Sits here for as long as I will let it. Only solution is to force close the app. This only happened after I downloaded the new update this morning (R42.21 build 27.1.42.21)
  • Ducati
    Ducati Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mine's not working either
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since yesterday.
  • Jeffrey Thielen
    Options
    Same issue
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just started getting an OL-294-A error for my American Express account this morning. Is anyone else seeing this error?

Thanks,

Bill Byrnes
    Hello @Bill Byrnes,     

I am sorry to hear about this issue with the OL-294-A error message preventing online connectivity. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, remember to save backups constantly by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Have you made use of the steps listed in the Support Article linked here
    I am curious to hear about your results.

I hope to provide further recommendations, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • larryriley2
    larryriley2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am receiving the same errors on my Amex accounts when I do a full sync. When I try to do just syncing my Amex accounts, it usually works fine. What's up?
  • mc429e
    mc429e Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem AND Transaction not completed window will not go away
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone else having issues connecting to American Express
    Hello @John Willis

I am sorry to hear about this difficulty connecting your accounts. Thank you for drawing our attention to this issue here on the Quicken Community.

Are you noticing any error messages when attempting to add or link accounts to online banking services? If so, listing those will help us troubleshoot and diagnose this issue further.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • CocoaPuff
    CocoaPuff Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am receiving the same American Express error as of Aug 1, 2022 (9:00am CDT).
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    same here
  • Bob W.
    Bob W. Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same AMEX error message as others since 5AM this morning, and it continues.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ditto
  • Ducati
    Ducati Member ✭✭
    Options
    The steps in the support article do not solve the problem. American Express continues to fail to download. 0945 CDST
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm on r42.8 and am getting the error. Don't think its related to the latest Q update. Agree with @Damian - wait it out.
  • BeantownFlyer
    BeantownFlyer Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue
  • Terri Grover
    Terri Grover Member ✭✭
    Options
    yup same here
  • Todd McFarland
    Todd McFarland Member ✭✭
    Options
    Unable to reset account either. It gives a message it's a Quicken server issue.
  • bizzybill
    bizzybill Member
    Options
    Originally got OL-294-A error yesterday, tried all he support steps still cannot connect or download from Amex
  • gdlhou
    gdlhou Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue here since yesterday, 31JUL. I used Quicken Chat Support about an hour ago, and attempted some trouble shooting that didn't resolve this issue. Diego told me I would have to follow-up directly with Amex. I called American Express waited 48 minutes for an Online Support representative and was disconnected before anyone answered. Still unable to download transactions or add a new account. OL-294-A Error each time.
  • sjmsing
    sjmsing Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Just started for me this morning. Error OL-294-A

• CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Get OL-294-A on One Step Update for American Express all accounts, what's up?
    Quicken Premier Windows 10 Home Quicken R42.19 Build 27.1.42.19
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • bobonyc
    bobonyc Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm on 42.19 and getting similar errors trying to download from AMEX
  • Ducati
    Ducati Member ✭✭
    Options
    Now when I log into Quicken via AMEX Delta Card connection (which is my card) instead of the previous AMEX connection it is working again.
  • Bill44
    Bill44 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Amex worked just fine on Sunday (Yesterday), Quicken puts an update in and now it's not working. The obvious and 1st thing to do is for Quicken to address this error. It is highly unlikely Amex caused this. It would be a big coincidence for Quicken to put a critical update out the same morning Amex makes a change.  How about it Quicken, can we hear from you that you are looking at it?  
    Member since 1984. 
    Quicken Premier.
  • George Tranum
    George Tranum Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue with American Express starting this morning 08/01/2022.
  • DAF
    DAF Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Amex OL-294-A error started yesterday, before the Quicken update for me
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @Bill44 - the OL-294-A error with American Express started yesterday early evening or late afternoon.  It is not related to the update that happened this morning.  There are other users that are getting this error and haven't updated and are still on R42.19.

Also, if you go into the American Express website, you will see that they made some major updates.  This might be the reason for the error.
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Having same issue, OL-294-A with AmEx
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • metzroth
    metzroth Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm seeing it too... glad to know it's not me. I guess I'll try again tomorrow. Last worked July 30th 2022 for me.
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Having same issue with AmEx, OL-294-A error One Step Update, Win 10 Home, Quicken Premier R42.19 Build 27.1.42.19
This discussion has been closed.