R42.21 - Amex OL-294-A error.

Options

Answers

• Propinquity
    Propinquity Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm getting Download error HTTP-503 with Amex. Worked 7/30, but 7/31 no.
  • Dan18
    Dan18 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same
  • Bill44
    Bill44 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Domian I did logon to Amex before making my 1st comment. I did not see and still don't notice anything different. I only go into Amex a couple of times a month so it's possible something I don't look at has changed. From the error I am seeing now, it appears Quicken can't connect to Amex. Why didn't we see errors being reported yesterday? That would have helped in determining what was going on. I probably would not have bothered even commenting if it was reported yesterday and Quicken had responded it was working on it. I still haven't seen a response from quicken. No matter what caused it, it's their responsibility to let its clients know what is going on.   
    Member since 1984. 
    Quicken Premier.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @bill44 - users who are still on R42.19 are getting the same OL-294-A error.  This error is not tied to the current update R42.21.  I started getting the OL-294-A error yesterday when I was still on R42.19.  Yesterday was Sunday and most users would probably not done an update until this morning at the same time as the update to R42.21.
  • saleminkgw
    saleminkgw Member
    Options
    Can't get in either, tried resetting the account. did not work. tried deleting account and setting it up again did not work. I think Quicken support needs to ix this. For me the problem started after I downloaded the last Quicken software update this morning
  • ApexEverything
    ApexEverything Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here too.
  • MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am getting the same thing for the last 6 hours on 2 AMEX accounts
  • bobmoore1954
    bobmoore1954 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here. And every time I open Quicken it reminds me to update to the latest version, although I already have.
  • gdlhou
    gdlhou Member ✭✭
    Options
    Come to think of it, I too downloaded the R42.21 just before I began experiencing the connectivity problems with Amex. Wonder if this rev is a factor.
  • Richard Seiler
    Richard Seiler Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Also receiving OL-294A with American Express since this morning. Quicken Premier for Windows Version 42.19, Build 27.1.42.19
  • cskiba@
    cskiba@ Member
    Options
    When do you think this issue will get resolved?
  • 4my
    4my Member
    Options
    Same problem with AmEx not updating. Last time I was on Quicken (7/28) everything worked fine. I'm going to wait this one out before I start messing with settings. With so many of us having the same problem, it has to be on the AmEx or Quicken side.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @gdlhou - The OL-294-A error with American Express actually started yesterday afternoon.  There are also users that haven't updated to R42.21 and are also experiencing this issue, so I doubt update this morning is related to this issue.
  • cskiba@
    cskiba@ Member
    Options
    I received that error message BEFORE I updated to version R42.21 this morning.
  • Bill Byrnes
    Bill Byrnes Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @jared

Tried the three remedies, none worked.

Thanks for the information.

Bill Byrnes
  • westelsdon
    westelsdon Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem as of 12:20PM EDT. Tried several times by going to my AMEX account and trying an update within that account only.
  • Vanimal
    Vanimal Member ✭✭
    Options
    I started getting OL-294-A error on R42.19. Then I worked on the missing TAGS problem. R42.21 promises to fix that but now OL-294-A error persists for AMEX.
  • briang_simi
    briang_simi Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same as of 9:30 AM Pacific 8/1/2022
  • tribbiani
    tribbiani Member ✭✭
    Options
    Down for me as well... I'm getting "HTTP: Temporarily overloaded" errors in the connection log. It's really a simple thing to set up a status page for the various banks (even just the major ones would be a start). Not sure why there isn't one, would make things like this a lot easier. We always assume it's something wrong with Quicken (unfortunately, there's a very good reason and years of history for that)... when in this case a simple status page would've helped.
  • R meyer
    R meyer Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Good luck! Been trying to resurrect a download issue with Boeing Employees' credit union (BECU) for over a month. It remains unresolved. The only certainty is the amount of finger-pointing between Quicken and BECU. The thread on this matter is over 9 pages long! https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20285347#Comment_20285347
  • steveinsac2
    Options
    Same OL-294A error. Windows Version 42.19, Build 27.1.42.19
  • hos2277
    hos2277 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same error received
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope this gets fixed quicker than the Schwab mess did.... good luck guys and gals.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• rpsavino@
    rpsavino@ Member
    Options
    same issue for me on August 1. worked fine yesterday.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• John Willis
    Options
    see attachment
  • John Willis
    Options
    see pic
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• tclaussen
    tclaussen Member
    Options
    After updating to version 42.19 Direct Connect to American Express fails. Real helpful error returned "Not your fault". Not the first time an update to quicken results in an error in connecting to American Express.
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    tclaussen said:
    After updating to version 42.19 Direct Connect to American Express fails. Real helpful error returned "Not your fault". Not the first time an update to quicken results in an error in connecting to American Express.
    I'm also seeing an error with Amex. Took me about 13 seconds to Google the error number in the error message.

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-quicken-online-services-ol-293-or-ol-294

I'm gonna wager something's awry with Amex infrastructure. They'll probably have it back today or tomorrow based on past experience.

You do realize that Quicken relies upon the financial institutions to have their ducks in a row, right?
This discussion has been closed.