Fidelity Transactions Not Downloading

Answers

• DGA
    DGA Member ✭✭
    I agree, well said. The issue is that an account has been changed in error from Direct Connect to EWC+. Even though it says it is direct connect, the Customer ID is missing and grayed out on the Account Details General tab. When you hover over the ? Its showing EWC+. When deactivated the Fidelity account that was causing the problem (the one that had shown Chase for the financial institution), the other accounts downloaded. correctly.
    The issue seems to be a few accounts that were changed in error from direct connect to EWC+ during an update late August update for security upgrades for Chase and other institutions. It seems like a simple fix for quicken to give us an option to switch these Fidelity accounts back to direct connect from EWC+.
    What is the big problem to do this?
    I have 16 of 18 accounts that download properly with the other 2 disabled from downloading. I update these manually. They are stuck in EWC+. I need to re-activate these 2 accounts as direct connect, but they are stuck in EWC+, have not found a way to change. This cannot be a difficult fix. Come on Quicken please fix this.
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    mlweiland, I agree - very well said
  • mlweiland
    mlweiland Member ✭✭
    I bit the bullet tonight (happy Thanksgiving) and re-downloaded all my transactions since the clean backup, last August. I'm glad I didn't wait any longer, since the various institutions only will download 90 days worth of data. It took a few hours to re-classify transactions, correctly set up the inter-account transfers, and reconcile a bunch of statements. That's a few more hours of my life I won't get back thanks to this snafu (emphasis on the AFU). But at least it works now.
  • xman04
    xman04 Member
    Issue has been resolved for me! Fidelity transactions downloading again. Thank you to folks working the holiday weekend.
  • Dan
    Dan Member ✭✭✭
    Mine still isn't downloading. Hopefully they are still working on it.
  • colowizard
    colowizard Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting this problem, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > This has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

The problem continues after R45.13.
    The problem applies not only to downloading investment transactions from Fidelity, but also E*Trade accounts.
  • mlweiland
    mlweiland Member ✭✭
    @colowizard I am getting Fidelity (and Chase) downloads successfully with R45.13. But what I had to do was restore a backup from before the faulty Chase update corrupted my Fidelity accounts (apparently, by changing Direct Connect to EWC+). The backup happened to be from R43.14, but more importantly, prior to the corruption. I had to re-add all my other accounts' transactions from the date of the backup (late August), but all the online transactions download now.
  • mr rahs
    mr rahs Member ✭✭
    > @mlweiland said:
    > @colowizard I am getting Fidelity (and Chase) downloads successfully with R45.13. But what I had to do was restore a backup from before the faulty Chase update corrupted my Fidelity accounts (apparently, by changing Direct Connect to EWC+). The backup happened to be from R43.14, but more importantly, prior to the corruption. I had to re-add all my other accounts' transactions from the date of the backup (late August), but all the online transactions download now.

I'm glad that you're able to download properly now, but like you mentioned, your backup was prior to the corruption. Hence, the issues 'never happened.' This option has always been available but isn't a solution for the root problem.

I've not seen anything with R45.13 that addresses our issue. For me, it's the same as always in that the affected accounts are still tagged with EWC+ after reactivation. The release notes mention EWC+, but this is completely different that what's going on here. The affected accounts CANNOT be EWC+ in the first place.

It's doubtful that simply installing a new update will fix the problem. As the affected accounts have a 'permanent' EWC+ tag, some sort of manual task would seem to be needed to reset them. Plus, most of us probably have the affected accounts deactivated right now to allow our other ones to download. Hopefully after the proper update simply reactivating will be the needed step, but we'll see...

As we've passed the 3 month mark and are heading into December, it won't be long before end of the year transactions begin to post. While a comprehensive update that prevents this kind of problem from happening again is necessary, I do hope that the time it may take to create that doesn't preempt a timely solution that corrects the problem at hand.
  • Dan
    Dan Member ✭✭✭
    > @mlweiland said:
    > @colowizard I am getting Fidelity (and Chase) downloads successfully with R45.13. But what I had to do was restore a backup from before the faulty Chase update corrupted my Fidelity accounts (apparently, by changing Direct Connect to EWC+). The backup happened to be from R43.14, but more importantly, prior to the corruption. I had to re-add all my other accounts' transactions from the date of the backup (late August), but all the online transactions download now.

I even went to a backup from 9/13 and still have the issue. I successfully downloaded Fidelity transactions after that date.
  • csilvest
    csilvest Member
    > @colowizard said:
    > > @"robert W" said:
    > > WORKAROUND - I have found a way to allow for Fidelity downloads from accounts that show that they think they are using the EWC+ method of connection (see my earlier posts). This is not for the faint of heart, so make sure you make a backup before you start, but it worked for me - finally.
    > This DID NOT work for my Fidelity or Etrade accounts.
    >
    > >
    > > Step by step:
    > >
    > > 1) Make sure the broken account's online update is deactivated and that the account number is deleted
    > > 2) Create a new brokerage account with a different name from the broken account
    > > 3) With the broken account window open, click the gear icon and select "move transactions".
    > > 4) Select all (there is a button at the bottom of the window), and select the name of the new account from the pulldown menu at the lower right side of the window.
    > > 5) This is the scary step. Push the move button. Quicken will give you a couple of warning and notification messages, move the transactions, and run a file validation. This can take a few minutes.
    > > 6) When this is over, the transactions should be in the new account and the old account should be empty.
    > > 7) At this point, I used the "delete account" button in the general tab of the account details window to delete the old account, though I am not sure this step is necessary here.
    > > 8) Use the "Add Account" tool in the Tools menu to add a Fidelity account. You'll have to use your Fidelity Quicken logon credentials here. After it connects to Fidelity, you should see all your Fidelity accounts listed. The ones that are not broken should appear as "do not add to Quicken" (as they are already added. But the broken account should give you the option to link the new account to the account that was not downloading.
    > > 9) Connect these accounts and be hopeful.
    > >
    > > In my case, when the download was over, Quicken told me it imported 2296 transactions. It actually imported transactions going back to July, but the ones that were already in my account were already matched, and only the ones that had not yet been imported were "new". I accepted all, and the transactions were imported properly. There was no duplication - the "matched" transactions did not import and the "new" transactions did. The account balances at the end were correct. I did a quick comparison of lot history in Quicken against the lot history at Fidelity itself, because I almost always sell lots using specific shares, and the lot histories appear correct. I am going to do more work on this, and will let you know if I find any problems, but at this point, I feel like this has worked for me.
    >
    >

Nice work! It appears this has resolved this particular issue for me as transactions from the last 89 days got downloaded for the first time. Now we'll see if new transactions continue to get downloaded - wouldn't want to have to do this every time there are new transactions to download.
  • colowizard
    colowizard Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting this problem, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > This has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

+++++++ My downloads have been restored when I performed a "year end archive". I was only intending to archive some old data, but the consequence was downloads of investment transactions for Fidelity and Etrade resumed. Incidentally, all the transactions from the beginning of the problem in late August were downloaded. For me that was several hundred transactions. Matches for transactions I had entered manually and new for recent ones I had not yet entered. You create an archive at File ; Copy or Back up file ; Create a year end archive. If you do not want to remove any ancient data, you can make that choice. I hope this works for others.
  • Dan
    Dan Member ✭✭✭
    > @colowizard said:
    > > @Quicken Anja said:
    > > Hello All,
    > >
    > > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting this problem, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.
    > >
    > > This has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.
    > >
    > > We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    >
    > +++++++ My downloads have been restored when I performed a "year end archive". I was only intending to archive some old data, but the consequence was downloads of investment transactions for Fidelity and Etrade resumed. Incidentally, all the transactions from the beginning of the problem in late August were downloaded. For me that was several hundred transactions. Matches for transactions I had entered manually and new for recent ones I had not yet entered. You create an archive at File ; Copy or Back up file ; Create a year end archive. If you do not want to remove any ancient data, you can make that choice. I hope this works for others.

I just did this and it seems different, but I can't tell if it is fixed. On one Fidelity account, I got an investment transaction, but on another, I did not. I should have some more happening in a few days in the account that didn't appear fixed, so I will try again then.

ONE BIG NOTE - In this archive, I had to re setup all my online connections, and Ally is down for adding new accounts right now. I got the rest added ok.
  • qkn1992
    qkn1992 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Welp, another monthly statement where I needed to go in and enter all of my Fidelity transactions manually to reconcile it. That was fun! It's old-school, like back in 1992. ;) At least we're one month closer to not renewing my Quicken subscription.
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    So frustrating,  the manual entry... amazing how "used to" convenience of downloading we've become! Can't wait till they fix the Fidelity (and TIAA) mess, if ever
  • Dan
    Dan Member ✭✭✭
    As a follow up, I created an archive and then reconnected all my online services (not removing any info from the existing quicken file) as suggested above. It did not pick up my trade transactions from a month or two ago, but it did pick the fidelity trades from yesterday when I did my sync today. The other tip I have for anyone trying this: I mistakenly selected Dec1 as the date to put in the new file, forgetting I had already put bills in for December in our checking account. I had to re-add those manually. I wouldn't have had to do that if I had used 1/1/2023 as the date when creating the archive.
  • colowizard
    colowizard Member ✭✭
    > @Dan said:
    > As a follow up, I created an archive and then reconnected all my online services (not removing any info from the existing quicken file) as suggested above. It did not pick up my trade transactions from a month or two ago, but it did pick the fidelity trades from yesterday when I did my sync today. The other tip I have for anyone trying this: I mistakenly selected Dec1 as the date to put in the new file, forgetting I had already put bills in for December in our checking account. I had to re-add those manually. I wouldn't have had to do that if I had used 1/1/2023 as the date when creating the archive.

Dan,
    A distinction about my Archive. I used 12/31/2021 as the archive date, which is before all this started in Aug. I'm can't say with any certainty that it makes a difference, but that is what I did.
  • MBK
    MBK Member ✭✭✭
    @dan @colowizard -- I am confused by this.  You are doing an archive and then using the archive as your new file? And, in any event, by doing an archive don't you lose transactions not encompassed in the archive time period?
  • ajmgrm
    ajmgrm Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I have been having this issue for years. I cancel my subscription and in about 6 months I try again figuring they will fix whatever it is or have a solution. This started back in at least 2019 and I decided to try again last week. First download is great, today? no transactions. This is crazy. Now when I cancel again they will act like I'm an idiot. I have contacted Quicken several times over the years with no resolution and have tried all the 'fixes' listed here to no avail.
  • colowizard
    colowizard Member ✭✭
    > @MBK said:
    > @dan @colowizard -- I am confused by this.  You are doing an archive and then using the archive as your new file? And, in any event, by doing an archive don't you lose transactions not encompassed in the archive time period?

After you do the archive, you use the new file, not the archive file. You have the choice of keeping the current file unchanged or to cutoff old data. In my case, I cut off data that was before 2014. And I created the archive up to 12/31/2021. I have not tried to keep the current file unchanged, because I intended to shrink the size of my data file. It was serendipitous that the new file I created restored the downloads for Fidelity and Etrade.
    I hope it works for you.
  • MBK
    MBK Member ✭✭✭
    Glad it worked for you but not a viable solution for many as we do not want to lose data.  That is one of the purposes of Quicken—to keep historical data.  
  • Dan
    Dan Member ✭✭✭
    I actually made an archive and used that file as my new file. All connections were wiped out, so I had to re set them up again. As I said above my only mistake was putting 12/1 as the archive before date, so I had to input my future december transactions/bills in my checking account. Other than that, I didn't lose any data. Hopefully knowing that an archive removes whatever was fouling up my file will help the Quicken engineers fix the issue.
  • Dan
    Dan Member ✭✭✭
    > @ajmgrm said:
    > I have been having this issue for years. I cancel my subscription and in about 6 months I try again figuring they will fix whatever it is or have a solution. This started back in at least 2019 and I decided to try again last week. First download is great, today? no transactions. This is crazy. Now when I cancel again they will act like I'm an idiot. I have contacted Quicken several times over the years with no resolution and have tried all the 'fixes' listed here to no avail.

I have quicken connected to 10 different financial institutions and this is the first issue for me that has gone longer than a few days. Because this impacted Fidelity, it took me a while to even notice the issue.
  • colowizard
    colowizard Member ✭✭
    > @MBK said:
    > Glad it worked for you but not a viable solution for many as we do not want to lose data.  That is one of the purposes of Quicken—to keep historical data.  

I believe you can run the archive process and not cut off any old data. Try the archive process keeping all the data, set the archive until date to 12/31/2021, and use the new current file when finished. Since I did not do it that way I cannot guarantee success. For extra protection, make a back up before you run archive. Let us know if it affects downloads.
  • GTmem
    GTmem Member ✭✭
    I have observed the same as many... Investment transactions (brokerage, IRA, Roth IRA varieties) after 8/31 are not downloading. No errors are returned; just no transactions downloading. Have confirmed from the Fidelity website directly that there should have been a large number of transactions downloaded. When I performed a refresh using a 1/1/2022 date, I did get transactions from 1/1/2022 to 8/31/2022, but nothing after.
  • khrandolph
    khrandolph Member ✭✭
    My option transactions are downloading but only the transaction fee. The shares, price and total amount are not download. But, the total amount IS shown in the window showing that "new" transactions are available. And, the downloaded transactions are not matched with those manually input. Manually matching the amount shown in the download window with the transaction manually input at least gives a check on how accurate the manual input was. But, the convenience of automatic matching is definitely inconvenient, at best.
  • brantleyhill
    brantleyhill Member ✭✭
    Similar, most of my transactions will download but the shares in Quicken vs. Fidelity do not reconcile - usually when you dowload there is a popup showing shares in Quicken vs. Fidelity - it shows all zero shares for Fidelity vs. what is in Quicken. This is how i figured out it was still missing a few dividend reinvestment transactions. What a mess.
  • DLesch
    DLesch Member
    I tried troubleshooting last night for about 3 hours without any progress on a direct connect Fidelity account.

However, I just went into the "online services" tab for my nondownloading Fidelity account under the settings button.

I selected reset account. I had done this before without any improvement. However, this time when it gave me the choices to manually add, directly add and general (or words to that effect) for transactions, it had been on general and I selected the "Manual" one. Quicken actually crashed on me a few minutes later and when I reopened Quicken, my transactions actually appeared in the register! Maybe that could work for others.
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    @DLesch I've never seen the manually, directly or general "add" for transactions - is that a setting? I've looked and cannot locate these options - at this point, I am desperate and will try anything! Thanks
  • ajmgrm
    ajmgrm Member ✭✭
    The only transactions I’m having an issue with at this time is the Cash Management account. The other accounts are downloading fine. I’ve saved the file, deleted and re-loaded and the new transactions come in, but the next download no new transactions appear. I hate the thought of manual entry especially when paying for software to do it for us. I haven’t been able to find any other software that works close to the same. Very Frustrating!
  • I spoke with Fidelity and they told me that Quicken notified Fidelity credit card yesterday Dec. 6 that there's a problem on Quicken's end with downloading from Fidelity. So, it's taken them a couple of weeks to own up to the problem. Now, the saga, of course, is much much longer and annoying because I didn't find this thread first. Instead, I first called Quicken after getting some CC-508 download error to go to the Fidelity/Elan website to fix things but there's no alert there about any of this. The Quicken agent Jesus did not know anything about this and blamed Fidelity. Since past experience has encountered the usual finger pointing blaming the other guy, I insisted that he stay on the line while I conferenced in Fidelity. I did and after 20 minutes of incompetent Fidelity agent investigating, she disconnected me to the satisfaction survey. She did not get a good evaluation from me. I called Fidelity again and this time they connected to Tech Support, where the person knew immediately what it was about and quoted the Quicken notice. So, the usual over an hour of wasted time with incompetent support folks on both sides.
This discussion has been closed.