Fidelity Transactions Not Downloading

Options

Answers

• Paul Truebig
    Paul Truebig Member ✭✭
    Options
    I used the process recommended by Robert W. Everything appears to be updating properly now -- including the cash account.
    Not entirely unexpected anomaly: My BOA and Amazon accounts spontaneously downloaded new transactions when I linked in the clean Fidelity account. I think those accounts are on autopilot now.
    But not Schwab (also EWC+). What a mess.
  • yoop
    yoop Member
    Options
    I have been using Quicken for over 20 years and all of sudden the Fidelity transactions are not downloading, nor can you see any error codes that I can report. Please fix the issue ASAP. Thanks
  • DGA
    DGA Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having same problem, no fidelity investing downloading since August 31, no errors, appears to work, but not downloading.
  • mnkduda
    mnkduda Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also have discovered the same problem - QUICKEN - WHAT IS GOING ON? :/
  • Misterbill
    Misterbill Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    robert W said:
    WORKAROUND - I have found a way to allow for Fidelity downloads from accounts that show that they think they are using the EWC+ method of connection (see my earlier posts). This is not for the faint of heart, so make sure you make a backup before you start, but it worked for me - finally.

Step by step:

1) Make sure the broken account's online update is deactivated and that the account number is deleted

I have not tried this because I have eight Fidelity accounts and had been hoping that Quicken would fix it rather than my having to go to the trouble. But let me ask a question. How do you figure out which account is broken when none of them are downloading?
  • DGA
    DGA Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also have 18 fidelity accounts that all appear to be set to direct connection. How do you know which account is causing the problem.
  • robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @DGA and @Misterbill - Select the "Edit Account Details" option from the settings gear in the upper right hand side of the window of the account. The problem account(s) will not have a customer ID in the "general" tab and if you move the cursor over the "?" next to the customer ID field, it will say that there is no customer ID because the connection method is ECW+.
  • sadlerb_98
    Options
    I also have the same problems. Spoke with tech support and submitted help ticket.
  • Misterbill
    Misterbill Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2022
    Options
    robert W said:
    @DGA and @Misterbill - Select the "Edit Account Details" option from the settings gear in the upper right hand side of the window of the account. The problem account(s) will not have a customer ID in the "general" tab and if you move the cursor over the "?" next to the customer ID field, it will say that there is no customer ID because the connection method is ECW+.

Thanks. I spent some more time on this today, and discovered that Quicken wanted to create three new accounts when setting up online access for my Fidelity accounts. Two of them had the ECW+ error, but one did not. I created new accounts for the two with the error, but linked the third to the existing account. It downloaded transactions for all accounts (including all of my other accounts not mentioned here) but not for the one without the error that still wanted to go to a new account. So I turned off downloads for that one and tried enabling it again and let it create a new account. First time I did that, Quicken crashed in the middle of the process. When I restarted and tried the connection again, it claimed to already be attached to a new account, which I was not seeing. I ran a Validate, and it reported an error in that same account, so I checked my account list and found that it was created, but hidden. I turned off the hide account setting, but it turned out not to have any transactions. So I turned off online access again and set it up again, and it FINALLY downloaded transactions.

So now I have transactions downloaded, although it only did 30 days for the unbroken accounts that I did not recreate, which meant that I was missing the August dividend reinvest items. But I let Quicken create a placeholder entry and changed those to Reinv. I only moved transactions from one account since it was the smallest. Naturally, the other two accounts are my main brokerage and CMA accounts and have hundreds of transactions, if not more, so I have not done them yet.

However, I stopped working on the accounts when I discovered that my QDATA file had ballooned from 300mb to 500mb. Not sure if it's because I was using a database I had backed up, or if there is any way to get it made smaller again, or if I need to start over again with a backup file. I would rather not start over again from a smaller backup file, but will if I need to get the file size back down. Update -- did a backup and restore and the file size is "small" again.

Phew!
  • tkstaple
    tkstaple Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have had this problem with Fidelity accounts disengaging from the auto download for over a year now. It never indicates that anything is wrong, you have to discover it on your own knowing that you made transactions that aren't coming through. Normally deactivating and reactivating has worked but based on this exchange the problem has gotten worse.  I had the problem again this morning and went through this process to deactivate and reactivate.  It did work on downloading the transactions but there was a dialogue box that popped up about adding a new account in the process.  Have never seen this before.  I cancelled out of that and process of linking accounts worked.  The end result was that transactions downloaded but most of them were trying to match with very old previous transactions that were already marked "cleared".  I had to unmatch everything before I could accept the transaction.  I hear everyone's frustrations.  This has been going on a very long time and I have 6 accounts with Fidelity that I frequently have to do this with.  Instead of working on creating new tools that I don't really use they need to focus on these fundamental issues that everyone uses the software for.  I wish Fidelity had a way to download transactions directly from their website but I've not found that option.  Defeats the purpose of auto downloading though which is one of the big pluses that everyone uses this software for.  Pretty discouraging that this has not been addressed.  I've been a user for 20+ years.  I appreciate this community.  This is where things usually get resolved.  Hopefully that will happen soon.
  • db55320
    db55320 Member
    Options
    When updating, my Fidelity transactions no longer download. It shows that I successfully connected but none of my transactions from any of my Fidelity accounts since 9/27/22 are coming through.

I have reset my account with and am using Direct Connect.
  • MBK
    MBK Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @tkstaple. Sorry you are having your issue. Built it is different from the issue addresses in this thread
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are other accounts (other financial institutions) downloading into Q?
    What Q product are you running? This can be found at HELP, About Quicken.
    Have you recently changed Q products?
    Are you getting any error codes, or messages, when you try this download?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• db55320
    db55320 Member
    Options
    Yes, other accounts are updating. I'm using Quicken for Windows 11, R44.27, Build 27.144.27

I haven't changed anything other than accepting updates from Quicken. There are no errors and it completes as though everything is fine. Just no new transactions.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curious, because I'm having no problem with the downloads from my various Fidelity accounts.
    You might try creating a test file, with only your Fidelity accounts in it, and seeing if you can download into that file. 

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I am assuming your issue is with Fidelity Investments and not Fidelity NetBenefits.  Please confirm.
    I have not been having any issues downloading from Fidelity Investments recently, either. 
    In Tools > Online Center > select Fidelity Investments > Transactions tab.   What date does it show the last download occurred for your Fidelity accounts?  Does it show any transactions?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• unclepk
    unclepk Member
    Options
    Count me in as well. Have not been able to download Fidelity transactions and Quicken's response has been terrible. Why should I have to go through these workarounds? Just fix the damn problem. BTW, do I still have to pay for the Quicken subscription when it doesn't work?
  • DGA
    DGA Member ✭✭
    Options
    I disabled the two accounts that have the ECW+ error. The remainder of the accounts now appear to download normally. I do not wish to create new accounts and transfer as robert W did. Prefer that quicken fix the issue. I also noted that both affected accounts are "Smart Cash" brokerage accounts that are basically used as money market checking accounts. I do not have linked checking accounts as it would be redundant.
  • DGA
    DGA Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried to re-enable the online services on one account using the "set up now" and the program wants me to create a linked checking account (which I canceled out of) and the ECW+ error returned and all downloading of fidelity accounts stopped again. No error messages. I disabled again and all the accounts that are direct connect seem to work correctly again. Since I basically pay mostly credit card balances from these accounts, which downloads correctly in the CC account and is a transfer from the smart cash account, this is less a problem to keep correct. I am hoping quicken will figure this out and correct the issue.
    9780368 Member
    Options
    Is Quicken doing anything to resolve the Fidelity download issue? Frustrated not being able to see transactions on a daily basis and paying to use their service.
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options
    Hi All, I am sorry that you are continuing to have issues with Fidelity. We are looking into this but in the meantime, can you please submit the issue that you are experiencing by going to the top menu> Help > Report a problem and submit problem report with log files attached and link to this forum topic. Thank you.

Thank you! 

Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mr rahs
    mr rahs Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @Quicken Janean for your post! If you've read through this thread, you've undoubtedly seen the frustration that users have regarding Quicken's lack of response to this issue so far. Hopefully, your contribution represents a commitment on behalf of Quicken to resolve the problem.

Although I and many other users have submitted to Quicken both log files and links to this thread, I'll do it again if it might help finally move this forward. It would be far more helpful, though, if you were able to put this thread in front of the appropriate teams. The info in this thread probably provides far more value than any log file could.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide and hopefully you'll be able to post an update with positive news soon!
  • Gaucho95
    Gaucho95 Member
    Options
    I have around 8 Fidelity accounts. Disconnecting 7 of them and reconnecting worked. But it is the primary brokerage account (all others are retirement) that causes the problem. Deleting the account info, renaming the account, nothing seems to prevent it from being set up as ECW+ when I reconnect.

Setting the brokerage account up as a new account solves the issue. But I am not trying the move transactions method as I have 22 years of transactions and am holding out for a fix that properly resets this one account.

I don't know why it is only the brokerage account, and not the retirement accounts. This must be a clue.

The lack of any response and acknowledgment by Quicken is terrible. After 22 years, it may be time to move into the 21st century and switch to Mint or something else. I hate to abandon such a big database.
  • mr rahs
    mr rahs Member ✭✭
    Options
    @db55320 Your issue looks like it may be very similar to the one described in this lenghty thread.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7919006/fidelity-transactions-not-downloading/

Under the general tab in account details, is the customer id field greyed out? If so, it is using EWC+, which is what is causing a problem for many. Even in this case, the online services tab will still show direct connect.
  • qkn1992
    qkn1992 Member ✭✭
    Options
    >
    > I tried this and as with others, it did not work for me. I'm going to call Quicken just to see what they say. Ha Ha

I did this twice and it didn't work.> @Gaucho95 said:
    > I have around 8 Fidelity accounts. Disconnecting 7 of them and reconnecting worked. But it is the primary brokerage account (all others are retirement) that causes the problem. Deleting the account info, renaming the account, nothing seems to prevent it from being set up as ECW+ when I reconnect.
    >
    > Setting the brokerage account up as a new account solves the issue. But I am not trying the move transactions method as I have 22 years of transactions and am holding out for a fix that properly resets this one account.
    >
    > I don't know why it is only the brokerage account, and not the retirement accounts. This must be a clue.
    >
    > The lack of any response and acknowledgment by Quicken is terrible. After 22 years, it may be time to move into the 21st century and switch to Mint or something else. I hate to abandon such a big database.

It's probably not a bad idea to at least take a look at Mint. PC Magazine recently reviewed it, ironically, and gave an their Editors' Choice Award.

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/mintcom
  • winecracker
    winecracker Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Just realized that none of my Fidelity accounts are downloading again. Had them all working except the one problem account, but now no transaction downloads (again) since 9/30. WTF???
  • DavidS
    DavidS Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same issue with Quicken desktop for Windows. I also didn't notice it in time so I have no downloads since September 30 (it's now October 28). So, I can't retrieve a backup and try to reload a full month's worth of transactions. Need help as it seems Quicken has know about this for 2 months now. One Step Update runs normally and confirms all connections worked and downloaded. No error message. I've tried removing the connections for the 3 Fidelity accounts and completely resetting. Message says it successfully downloaded transactions when setup complete, but NOTHING is downloaded at all. HELP!
  • qkn1992
    qkn1992 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was told by Quicken Janean to contact Fidelity. Turned out she says that Fidelity has a way to download transactions into Quicken by logging in. I don't see it. I see only a download into an Excel file which does me no good. So, at this point, it appears Quicken is washing its hands of this and me and throwing the problem directly on Fidelity. Janean gave me to reason why my downloads stopped yet my other Fidelity accounts with different user names continue. Timing is interesting -- I heard from her with this info right after I posted a link to Mint.
This discussion has been closed.