PenFed CU - FDP-103 (QMAC)

Options
dougmoyer
dougmoyer Member ✭✭
Having PenFed CU connection issues starting 10/11 AGAIN!. Errors in Quicken and Quicken not recognizing the PenFed login and contiues to state that the login was mistyped. Login for PenFed is correct!!!
C'mon Quicken! Seems like every time Quicken is updated there are issues with PenFed

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @bahtul,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @dougmoyer

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues with your PenFed account(s). 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bahtul
    bahtul Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    First I receive an Invalid Credentials Download Error -30, Invalid Credentials FDP-103. Then I select resolve and a dialog box with "Server Communication error" "Sync Error". When I Disconnect the account then try to connect downloads I receive a dialog asking if I mis-typed my sign-in info. I have verified that I can access the account through browser.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @bahtul,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lagunajim
    lagunajim Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Rant/Speculation]
  • hdrasin
    hdrasin Member
    Options
    10/18/22 Pentagon Federal for Mac still not working. Keeps asking me for my username and password, which I give it, but it won't accept it. Enough is enough.
  • BobFoery
    BobFoery Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    10/21/22; same for me. I have not been able to access my PenFed accounts since the beginning of October. The dialog keeps asking for my username and password. This happens several times a year. Can someone comment on whether PenFed keeps making changes that create these issues, or is it Quicken? I rarely have issues with my USAA accounts. Thank you. :#
  • TCL Peter Rabbit
    Options
    same error for me
  • bahtul
    bahtul Member ✭✭
    Options
    Unbelievable that this isn't fixed. Since the connection fails every update, you would think there would be enough knowledge about this to have a timely resolution. Like others in this post, this is the only account I have that consistently fails.
  • J Joseph
    J Joseph Member
    Options
    Likewise, I am experiencing the same issue and have been since early October. I have also noticed that Quicken often has issues with PenFed and it takes days, if not weeks, to correct the issue.
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was not worked for me for a month, I had to manually download and import
    I see this as fundamental issue between Quicken company owner and banks and CUs, due to compensation Quicken or / and finance institutions are required for Direct Connect
    No, I don't have details what it takes for a bank to use this Quicken Direct Connect, once I was told by a bank about lic fee to Quicken for that
    so many refused to pay that fee to Quicken and as result no Direct Connect - IMHO
    Quicken went with new way to introspect a bank UI to get transaction details, but a bank, or PenFed in his case is keep changing web UI at will
    Quicken have tried to catch up with those changes
    also PenFed throttled Quicken IP for that web ui introspection several times in a past, not much Quicken can do for that matter, but negotiate with PenFed to unblock that IP requests
    as for Direct Connect it doesn't use Quicken web app IP, but us / client IP , so it's much better.
    but, PenFed doesn't have Direct Connect !!!
    so we are stuck in this IMHO

also, looks like we are minority who needs Quicken access from PenFed, so PenFed doesn't care much to provide Direct Connect IMHO
    Best Regards
  • csiks99@
    csiks99@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    PenFed has diabled all 3rd party access including Quicken for "security reasons" and says a decision has not been made as to whether they EVER will resore Quicken access. Suggest everyone contact PenFed 1-800-247-5626 and tell them you will be closing your accounts if they do not restore Quicken access, as I did.
  • Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Where did PenFed report this decision, please?
  • Laura JJ
    Laura JJ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hmm? Our Penfed accounts were recently (July) hacked by a fraudster and we almost lost $4K when they took a cash advance against my credit card. They also gained access to our savings account. It took 2 full months to sort it all out because the fraudsters changed all of our security information, including our address, phone numbers and email address.It wasa mess! They even attached their bank account to our Penfed accounts for the purpose of transferring funds. All of our accounts had to be closed and reopened with new account numbers, balances adjusted, interest refunded and reimbursed because they transferred money between accounts. Thanks to Penfed’s dilligence, the fraudsters got zero from us. So no, I won’t threaten to close my accounts but I will encourage them to find a safe method for communication with Quicken. Or, maybe Quicken needs to do that?
  • lagunajim
    Options
    There are well-established safe methods used between Quicken and hundreds of banks and institutions.

Sorry for the nightmare you went through!  /jim 
  • Planoslp
    Planoslp Member
    Options
    I am still unable to do automatic updates into Quicken for Windows. I continue to get the "incorrect login" message. Is there any progress in getting this fixed?
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what should we ask PenFed to do?
    Should we ask to provide Direct Connect?

I have another CU that uses Direct Connect and there no such monthly issues
    Best Regards
  • TCL Peter Rabbit
    Options
    Confirmed by chat with Penfed that they do not support Quicken access or any third party apps. In addition, they are paying less interest on savings than other banks so my wife will be transferring her money and closing her accounts.
  • lagunajim
    Options
    I just received the following message from PenFed after emailing my concern to the president of the bank.  Note that it does not say anything about them terminating Quicken access as a security decision.

Instead they are pointing the finger back at Quicken.

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got different reply from PenFed

"Unfortunately, PenFed is not able to support automatic downloads to Quicken. While there are no technical limitations that should prevent automatic downloads, we are unable to provide technical support related to third party services. That said, you always have the option to manually download your transactions. For instructions, please see Downloading Transaction History. "

in a way this isn't PenFed issue , but on Quicken side ...

no, I can't tell where the issue is and who to address it, but I have the issue on my side as I can't download within Quicken update and I pay to Quicken for this IMHO, so asking Quicken to address this
    Best Regards
  • jarspr
    jarspr Member
    Options
    The synchronization of my bank account with Quicken is important to me. If Quicken is not going to be able to fix this I would like cancellation with refund of the membership.
  • alatarga
    alatarga Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just adding my voice and frustration with quicken for three weeks of inaction on solving download of penfed transactions to quicken.
  • stevietjackson
    Options
    Like everyone else, I have been a victim of the quicken/PenFed connection problems for years. Thought it would get better when Quicken went to a subscription service vs making you buy a new version of software ever 3 years due to planned obsolescence, but that has not been the case. I guess it’ll never be fixed. Grrrrrr!
  • csiks99@
    csiks99@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    TCL Peter Rabbit (cool handle) says above: "Confirmed by chat with Penfed that they do not support Quicken access or any third party apps". I have confirmed with PenFed Customer Service for the 4th time just now, that Penfed not only doesn't support it but they have in fact shut down all third party access as indicated in my 10/23 post. He promised to advise Nicole Thompson in the Exec Chrms Office that she is giving out bad information. So, LagunaJim's response from her on 10/25, above, (the exact same one I and others have received from her) is WRONG. There are no PenFed plans to turn 3rd party access back on, so manually dowloading transactions is your only option if you want to keep using this CU.
  • lagunajim
    edited October 2022
    Options
    It would be helpful if you would ask Quicken for comment about the ticket numbers cited in the 'Nicole Thompson' email and report back to us.
  • CapeFlyer
    CapeFlyer Member ✭✭
    Options
    IMHO this is a failure on the part of the PenFed security department. Hundreds of financial institutions can safely handle Quicken but PenFen can't! I've got two PenFed credit cards that I'll have to move off of.
    FWIW here's the response I got on Oct. 20th:

Thank you for contacting PenFed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

An I/t ticket has been submitted on your behalf (case#31213341).

Unfortunately, there is no ETA of when this will be completed since the cases are worked in the order of which they are submitted.

If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please feel welcome to respond to this message or contact a Member Service Representative at 1-800-247-5626 or with a Live Agent using our Chatbot at https://home.penfed.org/help/s/contact-us and click Need Help? in the bottom-right corner.

Sincerely,

Kelsey L.
  • gdbush
    gdbush Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Profanity/Rant]
  • CapeFlyer
    CapeFlyer Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here's a link to the Board of Directors: https://www.penfed.org/board-of-directors
  • Doug Kruth
    Doug Kruth Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I just sent an eMail to the office of the CEO, you can do that through their website. Let's see what sort of response we get.....
This discussion has been closed.