Fidelity NetBenefits (QWIN)

Options

Answers

• howardbjr
    howardbjr Member ✭✭
    Options

Dear Quicken, a concern I have is now that this issue has lingered over a pay period, 15th of the month, the duplicate assest that was now recorded (asset 2) is now the asset that is being added to with my 401K payroll deductions. I think this issue is now getting more complicated to unravel once a software patch is released, etc.

• Mark Sanz
    Mark Sanz Member ✭✭
    Options
    https://www.fidelity.com/security/fidelity-access-data-security#:~:text=What is Fidelity Access℠,applications that aggregate financial information.
    This appears to be a major change in access to fidelity accounts. If this is what is going on, Quicken will have to do a major rewrite from the info presented. No more OFX. No username and password given to Quicken. Not sure how it will work.
  • DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken - how about an update with an estimated resolution date?
  • LQLA
    LQLA Member ✭✭
    Options
    My investment tracking software is having this problem. I cannot download from NetBenefits, but accounts with Fidelity Investments download as expected. My banking program updates from NetBenefits without issue. Both programs are set up to use OFX downloading (Direct Connect in Q language). As long as the institution still provides OFX capability (it does, since my banking is currently downloading), that is NOT third party aggregators subject to the new policy that Fidelity is implementing. The two methods of downloading are quite different. But OFX (Direct Connect) SHOULD work. It IS working in one of my programs.
  • DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Good link. Not clear if/why Quicken wasn’t out in front of these Fidelity changes coming. If Quicken can’t accommodate data downloads while meeting the requisite and increased security safeguards being imposed, I suppose we’re left with the Fidelity statement “You can manually enter data on the third-party provider's website”, in which case not clear what the advantages are of a subscription?
  • SLewis-Atl
    SLewis-Atl Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @DPP28 said:
    > Quicken - how about an update with an estimated resolution date?

As of this posting (03/16/23: 8:45pm EDT), the problem I was experiencing seems to be resolved.
  • SLewis-Atl
    SLewis-Atl Member ✭✭
    Options
    As of this posting (03/16/23: 8:45pm EDT), the Fidelity Update (transaction download) problem (OL-220 error) I was experiencing seems to be resolved
  • SLewis-Atl
    SLewis-Atl Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @woppenhe said:
    > My latest stated that I received two updated transactions from NetBenefits, but I still had the error message as well, namely that my last download was unsuccessful, so a little progress perhaps.

As of this posting (03/16/23: 8:45pm EDT), the Fidelity transaction download problem I was experiencing seems to be resolved
  • Ben
    Ben Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Still broken for me…

• FarisHat
    FarisHat Member
    Options

Anyone from QUICKEN listening to this?

• nycaleksey
    nycaleksey Member ✭✭
    Options
    Having the same issue. Quicken, please help!
  • tivolo
    tivolo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am also having this issue and believe that the root cause is a change on Fidelity's side that has broken the way Quicken matches securities in the downloaded info to what's in Quicken.

When Quicken communicates with Fidelity, Fidelity transmits all of your transactions and current holdings in the OFX file format (a standard format for exchange of financial data). Within that file, Quicken expects Fidelity to identify each of your holdings using its CUSIP, which is a unique identifier for every stock, mutual fund, ETF, bond, …. Quicken uses that CUSIP to match each security reported by Fidelity against what you already have in Quicken.

I believe the error is occuring because Fidelity has stopped reporting a CUSIP for certain types of holdings. In my case, I can verify that Fidelity has omitted CUSIP for one of my mutual funds. This information is accessible using Quicken's OFX log viewer (accessed via Help > Contact Support > Log Files). Without that CUSIP, Quicken doesn't know how to process Fidelity's data.

Interestingly, if I log into the Fidelity web site (not NetBenefits, but just fidelity.com) and look at the holdings in my 401k account, I see that, indeed, one of my mutual funds does not show a ticker symbol or 9-character CUSIP — it only shows the mutual fund's name. All of my other holdings show both a name and CUSIP/symbol. Here's what my list of holds looks like on the Fidelity web site:

Note that the first holding (BLKRK EQUITY INDEX) does not have a CUSIP indicated while the other two holdings do. When I look at this first security in Quicken, it appears that it previously did have a reported CUSIP. For some reason, Fidelity is no longer transmitting it in the OFX.

Quicken seems to be aware of this issue as others have pointed out, as they have posted this alert:

UPDATED 3/15/23 Fidelity NetBenefits - OL-220

Presumably, they are working with Fidelity to get them to include a valid CUSIP with every security; otherwise, Quicken may have to revert to matching securities by name or some other attribute(s).

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

please post what error message or error codes you are receiving vs just "same here" as we don't know which of the preceding postings your are referring

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• davem37
    davem37 Member
    Options

The post from tivola (above) ties into my theory of the problem ………. the error log reports a 'missing tag' for 'SECID', which I assume means a missing XML tag in the data for 'SECID' which I assume is a data field named 'security ID'. As tivola reports, some holdings apparently do not have a CUSIP, which I believe causes the data to NOT contain the SECID data/tag, a required field for Quicken, which therefore fails.

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

tivolo Not sure what your looking at or how, but when I go to Fidelity and look at any of my accounts and holdings, even Net Benefits, all I see is the ticker symbol and the name, I don't have any cusip number displayed anywhere.

In Net Benefits I have 2 accounts, 1 a retirement with employer created funds and the other a retirement 401K brokerage with whatever stocks and funds I want.

The employer created fund is dead in the water, it hasn't updated since 3/6/23. The 401K brokerage will update the quotes still, but will not update any transactions that have occured since 3/6/23.

But even if I want to remove and add my Net Benefits accounts again, Quicken can't see the brokerage account, it can find the other one, but no history. I don't know if that is a Fidelity issue or Quicken issue, probably both.

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭March 16itsmekenMar 16, 2023

If you have not been able to download from Fidelity since Nov. 22, then you have a different issue. This is in this thread just started when Fidelity required us to change our username. Also, we can download successfully from non-Netbenefit Fidelity accounts. It's Netbenefit accounts that we are unable to download.

True about November 22 - that's something else. My wife, who is having the current NetBenefits problem, did not have to change her username, though. Nor did I, and I am not having the problem. 🤷‍♂️

GermanBlueRam, meyerb248

Initially some of us set up our Fidelity accounts with our SS# as a username. Fidelity has been tightening their security and if your SS# or a couple other identifiers were in your username, you were forced to change your user name. Ironically the username issue and OL-220 occured about the same time. I changed my username in Fidelity, but then had to go into Quicken and change the username on all my Fidelity and Net Benefits accounts. The Fidelity accounts continued to work fine, the Net Benefits did not. Another irony is my Net Benefits is 2 accounts, 1 is a employer created fund that nothing will update on, not even the quote, the other is a 401K brokerage with normal stocks and funds. The brokerage will update quotes, but not the transactions.

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mark Sanz Member ✭✭March 16https://www.fidelity.com/security/fidelity-access-data-security#:~:text=What is Fidelity Access℠,applications that aggregate financial information.
    This appears to be a major change in access to fidelity accounts. If this is what is going on, Quicken will have to do a major rewrite from the info presented. No more OFX. No username and password given to Quicken. Not sure how it will work.

Mark Sanz

It sounds like Fidelity Access is the way Fidelity is going to go, but the only difference is somehow you won't give Quicken your login information and they'll nolonger have access to personal information on your account, otherwise everything will stay the same. Nothing says how we get Quicken authorized on Fidelity Access. That will probably be a new problem down the road as right now i think they're still doing it the old way since regular Fidelity updates OK. It's just the Net Benefits side.

• DynamiteD
    DynamiteD Member
    Options

I was able to look at the RAW XML data from Fidelity. There is definitely an empty element called UNIQUEID within the SECID element. My funds are employee created, so this is a custom fund issue most likely…

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Good morning all,

Day 11, no fix.

I'm getting used to it not working now. Found were I need to go to cancel my Auto renewal of my subscription. I only use it for tracking investments, so I can do that through Fidelity and with my old Microsoft Money program.

Seems with all the tech people at Fidelity and Quicken we should hear something pretty quick, or at least get some official communication from both.

• p_b
    p_b Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have this same issue - running Quicken for Windows R48.9 - only happens with NetBenefits, other Fidelity accounts are OK. Started maybe a week ago. I've reported several times now but have not gotten any response from Quicken. Accessing NetBenefits is important to me as I use it to track investments daily over time. Please escalate this as a major problem.
  • RobG85
    RobG85 Member
    Options

I having the same issue with Fidelity for abiut two weeks now and just today the same error with Vanguard.

• Neil Johnson
    Neil Johnson Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue as all the rest here, going on 2 weeks. I'm simply stunned that Quicken apparently feels that posting something along the lines of "we're aware there is a problem and are working on it" once a week is sufficient communication. They're almost begging people to cancel their subscriptions. Sad.
  • Amason
    Amason Member
    Options

Last Tuesday (3/7) was the last time I was able to downlad transactions. I have been getting error (OL-220-A). I used a back up file from the previous week and got the same error. Is Quicken looking into this?

• Anthony Mattson
    Anthony Mattson Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

It's still broken for me as well

• SPC*
    SPC* Member
    Options

Now Quicken is inaccurately updating my cash balance for Fidelity NetBenefits every time I update, and when I fix it and run another update it does the same thing again. Also, all transaction history, and even the abiliyty to view transaction history for NetBenefits has disappeared. This has been going on at least a couple of days. What a mess.

• itsmeken
    itsmeken Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Neil Johnson said:
    > I have the same issue as all the rest here, going on 2 weeks. I'm simply stunned that Quicken apparently feels that posting something along the lines of "we're aware there is a problem and are working on it" once a week is sufficient communication. They're almost begging people to cancel their subscriptions. Sad.

We are all frustrated by this issue. However, to be fair to Quicken, I believe this is solely a Fidelity issue (and more specifically a Fidelity NetBenefits issue). If so, Quicken would have to work with and rely on Fidelity to correct this issue. to be sure, Quicken could communicate this more directly and provide details about the exact issue and what steps are being taken both at Quicken and Fidelity to remedy this issue.
  • z3razerviper
    z3razerviper Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I hate how quicken has these types of problems so frequently now

• Charlie61
    Charlie61 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

I have 3 accounts retirement accounts at Fidelity, 2 SAR-SEP and 1 401K. They are all visible from nb.fidelity.com when I log in there. For many years I have had quicken download the transactions and share prices from these accounts. Recently it has stopped working. Oddly this is only for the 401K, the SAR-SEPs still work. I get error OL-220 which Quicken tells me the remedy for is to wait a period and try again. Well I have. For weeks now and nothing has changed. I have tried all of the usual fixes, resetting the account, deactivating and reactivating downloads, making sure the credentials are correct, etc. but nothing works.

[Removed - Rant]

• joturnage
    joturnage Member ✭✭
    Options
    When I go into Quicken and try to add NetBenefits as a new account (as part of troubleshooting this issue), Quicken asks me to enter my NetBenefits SSN or User ID and PIN. What PIN? I don't use a PIN with NetBenefits and I never have.
  • MGF
    MGF Member
    Options

Just hung up with Quicken technical support on this same issue. Fidelity was a problem through much of 2022 and now is actually worse than then. I don't understand how Quicken can not resolve this as Fidelity is one of the largest institutions—particularly for 401k's— and impacts so many users. In general in the last 30 days Quicken has had more glitches in data connections with various institutions but Fidelity is by far the most problematic. The others have been resolved by frequent resets. Needs to be a priority for Quicken

This discussion has been closed.