Fidelity NetBenefits (QWIN)

Answers

• EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    Same here, on a Reset Account, Quicken finds my regular 401(k) accounts but not my BrokerageLink account. The reset did seem to change the error from OL-220-A to OL-293-A.
  • JFHeeren
    JFHeeren Member

Kristina - Thanks for getting back to me. First, the message thread that I posted this in is classifying this as a MAC issue. I posted this under WINDOWS, not sure why it saying its MAC. Do I need to repost this issue in the WINDOWS section?

Second, below is the screen shot of the error message. Note I have 2 other Fidelity accounts that are posting correctly.

• Prairieguy
    Prairieguy Member

I have to say for such a significant issue, Quicken should notify users. I wasted over an hour trying to resolve this, and doing searches to see if this was a known issue, before I (thankfully) found this thread. Very frustrating, particularly considering how Quicken switched to a subscription model and I just paid $66 for another year of something that keeps breaking (repeatedly had download/connection issues with other banks). Been a user since 1995 and am tired of paying more for inferior products.

• Halka
    Halka Member

Same error here the last few days on my Fidelity NetBenefits account. Resetting was no help.

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    It'd be nice to also understand what caused the issue, i.e., an update/change on the Quicken side, or something Fidelity did on their side. In either case, it's apparently affecting A LOT of users. It would be helpful if one or both organizations put out a notice when the issue is resolved - hopefully very soon!
  • TrentTh
    TrentTh Member

As of 3/14 4:06p PST, this is still an issue. Any update would be appreciated. It's been breaking for me since 3/5. Thank you.

• njsg
    njsg Member ✭✭
    Yeah Count me in on that list too.
  • waterskier2
    waterskier2 Member

error message when downloading from Fidelity netbenefits

• Tammy Van Buren
    Tammy Van Buren Member ✭✭✭

I tried to escalate the issue due to the sheer number of customers involved. I was referred back to this site! When I told them I was well aware of this site and escalated it because we were not getting updates "We have no updates at this time". Very frustrating.

• LQLA
    LQLA Member ✭✭
    > @Tony Luers said:
    > dpindw
    >
    > I deleted and then tried to add again. I have 2 accounts in Net Benefits. Quicken finds the 401K, but my 401K brokerage doesn't show anymore. Also on updating, my regular Fidelity accounts were seperated from Net Benefits, now they are not. I'm about done with Quicken. We're all trying to find fixes ourselves with no luck.

Q has been a source of frustration for many of us for several years. They honestly believe there is NO alternative. There is: Moneydance from InfiniteKind. The developers (themselves) frequently address issues, especially one-off issues. Does it have all the exact capabilities of Q? No. I won't profess that it does. Do I believe it can stave off the frustration and consternation of a great percentage of users of Q? Absolutely! I made the jump more than 5 years ago, after similar issues I might add (although definitely before the subscription model) and have NEVER looked back and never regretted it. It handles everything I need (I'm not a CPA or using QuickBooks). And I have a fairly complex combination of investment accounts and checking/saving accounts from multiple banks. I fear that all institutions are going to take the route of BankOfAmerica and just say "no more OFX", leaving us end users to fend for ourselves (use their app and/or download csv (OMG) or QFX files to import manually. The payment function through Quicken Connect (it's been a loooooong time, maybe not correct characterization) does not exist. But they have teamed up with Plaid(?) I think, allows downloading from thousands of financial institutions (no OFX required). And the 'promise' is they are working on payment through the system. It is paid - but if you purchase Moneydance, only $2/month. We are in a time of flux. More and more institutions are going to abandon OFX, pay through application interfaces, to move toward independent institution applications and direct downloads from their websites. Start now.......or catch up later. YMMV, but I'll never look back. Only reason I am here?? I can tell Fidelity it is a Quicken problem - the only thing they understand and respond to - if only minimally.

Mark my words - this will be a Fidelity problem, maybe even that Q "claims responsibility for solving". Why can't Q just say -- this is a Fidelity issue....contact THIS number! Q has numbers. USE THAT FACT!
  • LQLA
    LQLA Member ✭✭
    > @Tammy Van Buren said:
    > I tried to escalate the issue due to the sheer number of customers involved. I was referred back to this site! When I told them I was well aware of this site and escalated it because we were not getting updates "We have no updates at this time". Very frustrating.

Finger pointing!!! --- Fidelity on hearing its a Quicken customer --- That's Quicken's problem. Fidelity (or any other financial institution that I've enjoyed using) will take a step forward and say....NEWP....that's our problem, we are working on it, we will let you know an ETA. Q should point the finger back! PUT them on the line! But noooooo, Q finds more benefit by claiming success for solving the problem, even if it is Fidelity's and was solved by THEM (Fidelity).
  • dabear13
    dabear13 Member ✭✭

I tried the Presidents Office and received a response with no update other than they are working on it.

Thank you for contacting Quicken. My name is Breanna and I am reaching you on behalf of Quicken’s Office Of the President.

We have identified an error with Fidelity NetBenefits. Our team is working hard towards a resolution for our clients. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we are working on this. I understand how frustrating it can be dealing with this error. At this time we don't have any updates, however you can bookmark the community post you sent to receive updates as they come. We are unable to guarantee any specific timeframe for resolution, however I can assure you our team is working on it.

For immediate assistance please call Quicken Care at 650-250-1900, available 5 am-5 pm Pacific, Monday through Friday
    (closed for select holidays).

Thank you,

Breanna

Quicken Office of the President

• LQLA
    LQLA Member ✭✭
    STOP paying $66/year and pay $24/year with the competition! Maybe THAT will get the attention of the "President's Office"!
  • Lance R
    Lance R Member ✭✭

For those wondering if it was a Quicken update, that is a no. I reverted and it did not help. I agree with the above, a change made at Fidelity broke the integration between Quicken and Fidelity. But things like this SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. Quicken has a known integration. Communication between the bank and Quicken should have been good enough to prep for this, or in the least good enough to fix by now. To take this further we pay for a service now that Quicken went to subscription. This means we, as a consumer, are entitled to a working application and when it breaks for a swift fix and good communication, neither of which we are getting. We should be able to come here daily and see a daily update from Quicken, even if it is "we have no new information". Quicken, you have until Monday March, 20th to fix this integration. Failure to do so will result in all of this going out to numerous law firms until one decides a class action is warranted. And I know you do not want to deal with that.

• LQLA
    LQLA Member ✭✭
    > @Lance R said:
    > For those wondering if it was a Quicken update, that is a no. I reverted and it did not help. I agree with the above, a change made at Fidelity broke the integration between Quicken and Fidelity. But things like this SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. Quicken has a known integration. Communication between the bank and Quicken should have been good enough to prep for this, or in the least good enough to fix by now. To take this further we pay for a service now that Quicken went to subscription. This means we, as a consumer, are entitled to a working application and when it breaks for a swift fix and good communication, neither of which we are getting. We should be able to come here daily and see a daily update from Quicken, even if it is "we have no new information". Quicken, you have until Monday March, 20th to fix this integration. Failure to do so will result in all of this going out to numerous law firms until one decides a class action is warranted. And I know you do not want to deal with that.

The last update??? March 8 from Quicken Anja!! Is she really the ONLY employee from Q to respond to this ****??? For like YEARS! What a trooper!
  • DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    As the integration was working correctly in early March, having the right people at both organizations talking directly and continuously should identify the exact problem and resulting correction. Daily Quicken updates doesn’t seem like too much to ask, as well as crediting subscribers either with refunds or through extending subscription dates should this go on much longer.
  • LQLA
    LQLA Member ✭✭
    > @DPP28 said:
    > As the integration was working correctly in early March, having the right people at both organizations talking directly and continuously should identify the exact problem and resulting correction. Daily Quicken updates doesn’t seem like too much to ask, as well as crediting subscribers either with refunds or through extending subscription dates should this go on much longer.

Good luck with that. I've been more successful in getting institutions to drop totally needless fees on Corporate Reorganization activities!
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭

Many are having problems with NetBenefits downloads. Looks like some problems between Fidelity NetBenefits and Quicken. There is another thread with many users with the problem waiting for the fix.

• RSM1
    RSM1 Member ✭✭✭
    Great. My update this morning, ALL Fidelity is now broken, not just NetBenefits. c'mon people.
  • Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭

Good morning Quicken.

Day 9, still not fixed.

Let's start talking about refunds for our subscriptions.

• Mareks
    Mareks Member ✭✭

Same issue here with Fidelity NetBenefits. Started around March 7th. I contacted quicken support that instructed me to contact NetBenefits. NetBenefits told me today to contact Quicken….round and round we go.

• mbusbusiness
    mbusbusiness Member ✭✭✭
    Update today, to R48.9. Didn't resolve the NetBenefits issue.
  • JDOB28
    JDOB28 Member

I'm very close to dumping Q for something else, but really don't want to deal with the hassle of transferring everything over. I've got too much invested (history wise) in Q to just dump and run. Very frustrating!!

• GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Still broken for my wife (but not for me). I read the R48.9 release notes, hoping that it would mention something about NetBenefits. 😕

From the Fidelity subreddit, fwiw:

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    As of this morning, my Fidelity taxable account updates, my NetBenefits still does not. Quicken notes my wife's NetBenefits (different employer) updated, HOWEVER, upon detailed review it's not accurate as one of the investment's prices has NOT updated since 3/6 - so the total amount is NOT current or correct. This has now gone on since 3/7 - even more frustrating - NO updates or communications from Quicken. Integration with major firms (Fidelity, Vanguard, etc.) is one of the most important features, and with current subscription model either refunds or subscription extensions are in order.
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭

Also from Reddit today (March 15).

• mgpaulus
    mgpaulus Member

All,

I know everyone is disappointed about Quicken not working right now with Fidelity Netbenefits, but as a software developer, I would like to make a comment. Sometimes it takes time to come up with fixes and come up with adequate test cases to make sure that 1: the software works as expected, and 2: (this is just as important, if not more so), that when the software doesn't work, it doesn't leave something horribly broken, or even worse, leave your credentials exposed for some hacker to retrieve and wipe you out. Rushing a fix in without good analysis and thorough testing is a disaster waiting to happen.

Just do a search for Tesla and beta software to see what can happen when you rush software deployments because of "dissatisfied customers".

• gpounders@
    gpounders@ Member ✭✭

My netbenefits stopped downloading this week. I have been using quicken since 1995 and with all the recent issues I am considering cancelling my subscribution. However, I don't think this is 100% on quicken because I have Ameriprise total view and that system has had trouble downloading from fidelity netbenefits for the past month, I finally gave up. Come on quicken, fix this problem

• baxterdale
    baxterdale Member ✭✭
    Just so I am counted in, I have this issue as well, where my Fidelity NetBenefit accounts fail to update and result in a OL-220-A. My last updated (complete) transaction was on 3/8/2023

From my reading of this unbelievably long thread is that it should be referred to as the "Fidelity NetBenefits" issue.

Also, from a problem solving perspective bear in mind this update connection was working for many people - so it's not like we are trying to solve something that has not been done.
  • alw
    alw Member ✭✭
    Same issue. haven't been able to update Brokeragelink since 3/7/2023.
    Tried a reset, then a deactivate / reactivate.
    On activate Brokeragelink account doesn't show up in either Fidelity investment or Fidelity Netbenefits.
    Previously had a similar issue with Fidelity Investment accounts not downloading data, no error, just no data. (different message thread) Netbenefits worked.
    That issue went on for months. Appeared to resolve 3/02/2023.
    And now this.

R47.15
This discussion has been closed.