Fidelity NetBenefits (QWIN)

Options

Answers

• MikeOR
    MikeOR Member
    Options

My Quicken version is R47.15, Build 27.1.47.15, Windows 11 Home.

Prior to this week I have been receiving error messages connecting to Fidelity NetBenefits, but transactions have been downloading successfully even with the error message. So, I never reported it.

Just this week Fidelity forced me to change my user name on the main Fidelity website and it propagated the name change to its Net Benefits site. I have been able to sign in directly to the NetBenefits site using the new user name in my browser (Chrome).

To change the account downloads to my new user name I deactivated the accounts and then setup a Direct Connection using the new user name. Now nothing downloads. :(

I performed the same steps on my main Fidelity accounts and there has been no issue. Everything works as it should. :)

One thought is that if you are using a security platform, such as ZScaler, a similar problem occured at my work and it appeared to be related to a MAC address issue. Just a suggestion.

• JohnAlsup1905
    Options

Same error and same build as MikeOR. Any update on this issue?

• Tholland1
    Tholland1 Member
    Options

Just adding my name to the list, same OL-220-A error when trying to connect to Fidelity NEtbenefits only (my other Fidelity accounts can access and update with no issues , as can all of my other financial institution updates via One Step Update. Hopefully this is fixed soon, been over a week since I have been able to update my Netbenefits transactions and balance updates.

• Lostalltogether
    Options

I also cannot update my Fidelity NetBenifits 401k account for the last week. I have updated Quicken, Used the Validate and repair Tool ( No errors found) Reset the acount,Deactivated and reactivated the account and even rolled back my quicken file to a time i Know it worked and all have Failed but my Fidelity Investment HSA Acount works fine and i can log into my fidelity account website witjout any issues so i know my account is still there. but no matter what i do i get

• Lostalltogether
    Options

This is the only error i get now and it only shows for a split second while tying to update

• FarisHat
    FarisHat Member
    Options

Same issue here, I disabled online services for NetBenefits. Quicken needs to get on the ball or give me a discount on my subscription!!!

• FarisHat
    FarisHat Member
    Options

Quicken Support: WHAT IS THE STATUS of this fiasco? When are you guys going to fix it?

• stecohan
    stecohan Member
    Options

same issue

• tcraigk
    tcraigk Member
    Options

Like everyone else, I am having the same issue with Fidelity Netbenefits to download my 401K transactions. I am running v: R48.8, b:27.1.48.8 on Windows 11 Home.

A bit frustrated b/c it seems every other month I'm having to spend a lot of time troubleshooting accounts that just stop working for some reason or another. Having to deactivate/activate accounts connections is getting very tiresome when trying to maintain connectivity to my accounts.

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    So, this is day 7 of this fiasco.
    I went to log into Fidelity Netbenefits and Fidelity gave me a message that I must change my user ID from the current one for all of my other Fidelity accounts. The message says after you change it, to update your programs (Quicken).
    Of course, you cannot just go into the password vault to change this, you need to deactivate the account to change username.
    So, I deactivated it, entered the new user ID, Quicken can't connect. They want you to try logging into NetBenefits to be sure the ID and password works, it does.

So, after numerous attempts, I still cannot connect and now my 401K account has been removed from Quicken.

How do I fix this Quicken and get my information back????
  • Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    So, this is day 7 of this fiasco.
    I went to log into Fidelity Netbenefits and Fidelity gave me a message that I must change my user ID from the current one for all of my other Fidelity accounts. The message says after you change it, to update your programs (Quicken).
    Of course, you cannot just go into the password vault to change this, you need to deactivate the account to change username.
    So, I deactivated it, entered the new user ID, Quicken can't connect. They want you to try logging into NetBenefits to be sure the ID and password works, it does.

So, after numerous attempts, I still cannot connect and now my 401K account has been removed from Quicken.

How do I fix this Quicken and get my information back????
  • Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Now my regular Fidelity accounts won't update either.
  • HaroldF
    HaroldF Member
    Options

I do not use Quicken, but use a similar package that processes OFX files, and I am experiencing a similar problem that began at the same time as the Quicken problem began.

The problem here seems to be on the Fidelity side, and seems to affect Netbenefits users, but only those who have certain funds in their portfolios. An example of a Fidelity fund that creates the problem is “Galliard Stable Val”.

The problem is that for these funds, Fidelity, in their OFX file, is sending a SECID segment that contains a null value for the UNIQUEID tag and a SECINFO segment that contains a null value for the FIID tag. The null values violate the rules for OFX files, and cause the OFX parser program that reads the OFX file to reject the entire file.

I note that user MIKEAMOR posted a message in this thread on March 9th that flagged the SECID field as causing a parsing error in Quicken.

I reported the problem to Fidelity, but have not heard back from them. I believe that the fields that are being sent as null are supposed to contain a Cusip number, and Fidelity says (correctly) that the relevant funds have no Cusip number. I am guessing that Fidelity made a change to send the (invalid) null fields where earlier it had been sending something else that did not cause an OFX parsing error.

• kleinfelter
    kleinfelter Member ✭✭
    Options
    @HaroldF - That's a plausible explanation. I have multiple accounts with Fidelity. The 401K account where the error occurs has a custom mutual fund, created for my employer. That would probably not have a CUSIP.

If that really is the issue, Fidelity or Quicken could fix it-- Fidelity by dropping the bad SECID segment; Quicken by changing the rule from "raise an error on a missing CUSIP" to "drop the record on a missing CUSIP."

I will "cut off my nose to spite my face." I will not renew my Quicken subscription while this issues is unresolved. Tracking my assets via Quicken is not essential -- it is optional.
  • Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @HaroldF That makes a bit of sense as my 1 401K account are funds created by my employer and have no CUSIP, but on the other hand my 401K brokerage account has standard stocks with CUSIPs and that won't update either. I tried logging into my Fidelity Net Benefits account and Fidelity forced me to change my user ID. I thought this was just FNB, but it changed my regular Fidelity account as well. I've been trying to change my Fidelity User ID in Quicken, now I lost the 401K account and history. So now I don't know if I have just the OL-220 problem because of the User ID issue, or if the User ID issue created a second problem. I got a message on Quicken that said wait 24 hours and try again. I have no idea what to do.
  • BrittMayo
    BrittMayo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same isue here. My accounts with "Fidelity Investments" still work fine, but the account with "Fidelity NetBenefits" stopped working (after years) and persists in failing despite all the usual steps (reset account, turn downloads off and reestablish them, etc.).
  • Ducati
    Ducati Member ✭✭
    Options
    I agree with kleinfelter and HaroldF. I have previously done daily updates on my NetBen Fidelity accounts mostly to get the previous day fund quotes for funds that do not download their daily quotes because they do not have ticker symbols or CUSIPs. Fidelity is the only account in my Quicken portfolio that updates some of their fund quotes that way. All my TD Ameritrade accounts and funds continue to update normally. Now the NetBen Fidelity updates are not working at all. Makes sense that something with these particular accounts/funds has changed probably on the Fidelity side. C'mon Quicken, you posted many days ago that this issue had a "ticket." Is the "ticket" sitting on someone's desk or fallen on the floor?
  • Anders Martinson
    Anders Martinson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

March 13 9 am Pacific Time. Still happening Quicken Support has had no updates posted, just a “no ETA” message from a few days ago. This is getting intolerable.

• GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I thought I would try to reset my spouse's three Netbenefits accounts this morning (March 13). That didn't work. And so I then tried to deactivate and reactivate the accounts. Quicken connected and found the appropriate accounts at Fidelity, and I confirmed the links to existing accounts in Quicken. But then I got an error when trying to download transactions. My own Netbenefits accounts (different Quicken file) continue to work fine, and so I am wondering if this is indeed a security-specific problem. Both my spouse and I have institutional funds in the accounts, all with CUSIPs (two different employers).

• cassel
    cassel Member
    Options

I have to confirm, the accounts recieving the OL-220 error have "Commingled Pool" or "Collective Trust" class securities.

• JDOB28
    JDOB28 Member
    Options

Adding my name to the affected list. OL-220 for a week now!

• RB_TX
    RB_TX Member
    Options

Adding my name to the list. last succesful connection to Netbenefits through Quicken One Step Update was 3/7/2023. Will I received a pro-rated refund of my subscription cost for Quicken?

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Still have the problem
  • Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Still have problem
  • g2morrow
    g2morrow Member ✭✭
    Options

so there are ZERO updates about this issue???

• jsc34615
    jsc34615 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue here, we have multiple 401Ks between me and my husband. My funds update fine, his do not. I was initially getting the 220 error, now I just get errors that the online session didn't finish properly. >

@g2morrow said:
    > so there are ZERO updates about this issue???
    Of course not, it's Quicken. They will eventually fix it, but also not show a sense of urgency or provide up to date info about it.
  • MobileTom2
    MobileTom2 Member
    Options

I talked with Fidelity support today. It appears they implemented a new multi-factor authentication that is not supported by Quicken. Seems that we will be subjected to on-going issues until this is resolved.

• MWB
    MWB Member ✭✭
    Options
    MobileTom2: That sounds plausible BUT does it explain why this affects NetBenefits but does not affect Fidelity Investment accounts outside of NetBenefits, you would think the policy would be more encompassing? Also the Web login does not require (although optional) two factor authentication. For all the people this has affected, it is quite clear a fix between Quicken & Fidelity is needed and quite clear nothing any of the users can do in the meantime except be frustrated. Sigh.
  • aaciii
    aaciii Member ✭✭
    Options
    Does not appear to be true: One of my NetBenefits accounts works just fine. My wife's does, mine doesn't. Both have multi-factor authentication enabled.
  • Chris R.
    Chris R. Member
    Options

Last successful Net Benifits update was 3-4-23. I've been getting OL-220-A error since then.

This discussion has been closed.