Fidelity NetBenefits (QWIN)

Options

Answers

• MaryR
    MaryR Member ✭✭
    Options

I called Quicken yesterday. The representative said they are aware of the issue. She was unable to provide a resolution date.

• shopperCLT
    shopperCLT Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still not fixed as of 03/18/2023! Is Quicken going to fix this or is the problem on Fidelity's end?
  • itsmeken
    itsmeken Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Smokey7422 said:
    > I think I have an explanation. From a very trusted, high-level source at Fidelity, this is a payment issue. You see, some time ago Fidelity told providers like Quicken they weren't going to allow them to "scrape" their pages, and drive up Fidelity's costs (spike in IBM server use so Fidelity pays for that) without paying to use their APIs. I'm told Quicken hasn't paid and Fidelity has shut them down. For now.

I tend to wonder about this explanation as those of us Fidelity customers with both consumer and Netbenefits accounts are able to download our consumer account information. I do know these accounts are managed by different divisions within Fidelity, but it seems unlikely that Quicken would pay one division and not the other.
  • MaryR
    MaryR Member ✭✭
    Options

Total disregard for customer experience!

• itsmeken
    itsmeken Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @LQLA said:
    > My banking program (not Quicken) does not have issue with downloading from NetBenefits. But my investment program does. I have tried my best to look at the different OFX request POST and it appears to me that this is a function of Fidelity implementing a TLS protocol to connect with OFX (Direct Connect). Here is hoping, for all you Q users, Q catches up with the new TLS protocols that Fidelity enacted.

It would be interesting to know when they implemented TLS for OFX and if this coincides with this Quicken issue. While this could be an explanation what is odd is I can Reset my Netbenefits and Quicken will require Fidelity login credentials and then display my Netbenefits account as presented in Fidelity. As a web/e-commerce developer it would be unusual to use different protocols for login (working in Quicken apparently) and a direct connection (not working in Quicken). But, entirely possible.

The other odd part of this is our Fidelity consumer accounts (different Fidelity division than Netbenefits) are not having this download issue. You'd think they would be using the same code/protocol for both.

In any case, Quicken and Fidelity need to get on this and get it resolved.
  • kohlsm1
    kohlsm1 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Looks like I’m having this same issue when trying to update my Fidelity 401K account. I see this was first reported back on March 9, why is this taking so long to resolve?

Version: R48.9

Build: 27.1.48.9

Windows 10 Enterprise

• Harold-Jr
    Harold-Jr Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I checked out the new login link listed above https://nb.fidelity.com/public/nb/default/home . It does work. I then went to download transactions, but it will only download a QIF or CSV file, neither of which Quicken will assimilate. I've used Quicken long enough to remember when it would assimilate a QIF file.

• kohlsm1
    kohlsm1 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Looks like I’m having this same issue when trying to update my Fidelity 401K account. I see this was first reported back on March 9, why is this taking so long to resolve?

Version: R48.9

Build: 27.1.48.9

Windows 10 Enterprise

• rigleybr
    rigleybr Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm just added to the heap of users how are having issues with Quicken and Fidelity NetBenefits One Step Update. I have another Fidelity account (using the same credentails) and it downloads fine within Quicken. However the NetBenefits account errors with OL-293-A (or other errors depending on me trying to delete/re-add the account into Quicken).

It says the last successful download was 3/7/2023 and I see a bunch of others saying 3/8 (so maybe I didn't try to download on the last day it worked).

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

there is an already existing thread and alert for - Fidelity NetBenefits OL-220

We have requested this single posting be merged into that existing thread -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• TAS467
    TAS467 Member
    Options

Same issue here for the past two weeks. My last successful download was March 6th.

"Fidelity NetBenefits: error recovery" and "An error has ocurred" errors - tried all the various workarounds (reset, deactivate/activate) but nothing works.

• Akim
    Akim Member
    Options

The last successiful download to Quicken for Windows was 03/06/2023 when Fidelity NetBenefits response RECV from https://nbofx.fidelity.com/netbenefits/ofx/download included in <INVSTMTMSGSRSV1> the value for one of the seurity <UNIQUEID>

<SECID><UNIQUEID>TCE7<UNIQUEIDTYPE>CUSIP</SECID>

After that the same response stopped to include the value for <UNIQUEID>

<SECID><UNIQUEID><UNIQUEIDTYPE>CUSIP</SECID>

Call to Fidelity NetBenefits Customer Support did not help to resolve this issue. They suggested to stop download transactions to Quicken and manually entering them from the Fidelity NetBenefits website.

• abartonkc
    abartonkc Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I'm experiencing this problem too, but don't get your hopes up that it is going to be resolved any time soon. I've been waiting on this issue since August 2022 and still no resolution:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20333406
  • jsherwood275
    Options

I have this same issue with missing SECID. Called quicken and all they said is they are working on it.

• LQLA
    LQLA Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Tony Bantell said:
    > It appears to me that Fidelity Net Benefits has changed their login URL to
    >
    > https://nb.fidelity.com/public/nb/default/home
    >
    > Can Quicken please check this out?
    >
    > AB

When I log in to that page I get the following:

You have successfully logged into NetBenefits but have
    landed on a page that no longer exists. To ensure that
    your information is protected, please close your browser
    window or click the link below to continue.
  • jsherwood275
    Options

I have the same issue SECID Missing Tag: TAG UNKNOWN. Problem since March 10th.

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It would seem there is a lot of potentially helpful information in this thread. Does anyone know if Quicken Tech Support is monitoring and reviewing? Other than an infrequent and generic update from Quicken Anja, is there a better way to get all this info directly to the right people in Tech Support who are actually involved in a solution?
  • Jfur
    Jfur Member ✭✭
    Options
    I really don't think Quicken is monitoring. I have been waiting since last September for this issue to be resolved. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7919838/ongoing-2-24-23-chase-no-downloaded-transactions#latest
  • tspinnh
    tspinnh Member
    Options

Started having the same issue starting at around the same time (3/3/2023). Tried delete and setup the account again and am getting the same screen as those above. I do not see any OL-220 error on the screen and I do not see any connection logs to look at.

• t3536gj
    t3536gj Member ✭✭
    Options

Same error. Same timeframe (3/3/23). Today is 03/18/2023, and I still am seeing it. This is a 401k account just like everyone else has said here. I'm a VERY LONG TIME Paying customer. Need to be fixed. Not instilling confidence in Quicken. Software quality is going long way.

• LQLA
    LQLA Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Jfur said:
    > I really don't think Quicken is monitoring. I have been waiting since last September for this issue to be resolved. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7919838/ongoing-2-24-23-chase-no-downloaded-transactions#latest

Meanwhile, in my banking program (NOT Q) the following was posted to an inquiry about Chase downloads:

Updated 10th October 2022

Unfortunately, Chase has discontinued their use of OFX Direct Connect, which is required to download your transactions automatically into [my banking program] for free. It would appear Chase hasn't informed their customers of this change, as we've received many support requests from Chase customers in the last few days.

We've since been advised that as of October 6th 2022, Chase no longer supports Direct Connect/OFX, including 3rd-party bill pay.
    ===========
    I would give up hope that Q will "magically" begin downloading Chase accounts. But if "Quicken Anja" is giving you hope.....<shrug>
  • LQLA
    LQLA Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @itsmeken said:
    > > @LQLA said:
    > > My banking program (not Quicken) does not have issue with downloading from NetBenefits. But my investment program does. I have tried my best to look at the different OFX request POST and it appears to me that this is a function of Fidelity implementing a TLS protocol to connect with OFX (Direct Connect). Here is hoping, for all you Q users, Q catches up with the new TLS protocols that Fidelity enacted.
    >
    > It would be interesting to know when they implemented TLS for OFX and if this coincides with this Quicken issue. While this could be an explanation what is odd is I can Reset my Netbenefits and Quicken will require Fidelity login credentials and then display my Netbenefits account as presented in Fidelity. As a web/e-commerce developer it would be unusual to use different protocols for login (working in Quicken apparently) and a direct connection (not working in Quicken). But, entirely possible.
    >
    > The other odd part of this is our Fidelity consumer accounts (different Fidelity division than Netbenefits) are not having this download issue. You'd think they would be using the same code/protocol for both.
    >
    > In any case, Quicken and Fidelity need to get on this and get it resolved.

To increase the "oddity" - a BrokerageLink account that in the past showed up and downloaded ONLY THROUGH Fidelity NetBenefits, after this change, now shows up under Fidelity Investments - AND DOWNLOADS in my banking program [not Q] from Fidelity Investments. In the investment program I use that does NOT use TLS, the BrokerageLink account doesn't show up under either. Also, although I can link to my 401k (Fidelity NetBenefits), the download information and account balances are totally out of whack. So, in my investment tracking program [not Q] I can no longer download either my 401k or my BrokerageLink accounts. In my banking program, that uses TLS, [not Q], both accounts download correctly -- 401k from Fidelity NetBenefits and BrokerageLink from Fidelity Investments.
  • suren_singh
    suren_singh Member
    Options

I am having the same issue and so far I have Not Seen a single good respone on how to address this issue.

I have a questio n for the "so called quicken experts" why is it just our Ntebenefits accounts that are not able to synchronize ?

What is the correct steps to fix this issue

Also have you been able to replicate the issues that we are all having with the downloading of transactions ?

• LQLA
    LQLA Member ✭✭
    Options
    Has anyone asked "Quicken Anja" what happens to the subscription model when more and more financial institutions abandon Direct Connect (as Chase did last October, Bank of America did this last November)? What value does Q bring if it cannot download your accounts - transactions, balances -- or Bill Pay -- sending payment instructions through the Direct Connect connection???

Or will she say -- "We are aware...bla bla...we have escalated...bla bla....we have no ETA on solution....bla bla..." and leave the users always hoping like @Jfur ?

When is enough ---- ENOUGH!!!
  • len
    len Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same Fidelity Net Benefits issue here - have been reading this thread for weeks.....waiting....praying.....Come on Quicken WTH??
  • Ozzie3
    Ozzie3 Member
    Options

Piling on here to get hopefully a quicker answer out of Quicken. New to Quicken - but can't get my 401K investments to load out of Fidelity or Fidelity Netbenefits.. Was able to get my brokerage and IRA's to download though..

• scottdickson
    Options

Joining the chorus. Same thing. Investment account works, NetBenefits fails.

• Mohammed Ajouz
    Mohammed Ajouz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here. I also am unable to download my credit card transactions from Chase. We had the major data corruption a few months ago. I have been using Quicken since 1997 but the last 12 months have been the worst. All you get from them is We're aware of this issue. We don't have an ETA, blah, blah, blah,...
  • Smokey7422
    Smokey7422 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @FLQuickenUser said:
    > Quicken the entity is not driving the scraping cost to Fidelity. I, as a paying Fidelity customer, am requesting that Quicken obtain my information on my behalf. Money grab by Fidelity.

You, as a Quicken customer, are using Quicken to get to Fidelity to download your information. The request is coming from Quicken. Not you. So yes, Quicken the entity is driving up Fidelity's costs. Fidelity has every right to do what they do. You don't have to use Quicken to see how your investments are doing. You could just use Fidelity.
This discussion has been closed.