OSU showing Setup page everytime, Summary not showing all updated accounts

Options
leishirsute
leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭

One step update is bringing up the OSU Setup page every time OSU is selected, even the setup has been previously performed.

Then when OSU is completed, the OSU SUmmary page does not show all accounts that were updated even though transactions have been downloaded for accounts not showing in the OSU Summary page.

Any suggestions to get OSU to stop requesting the Setup page everytime and to get the OSU Summary to show all accounts that were updated?

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @leishirsute,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To clarify, when you say you're getting the OSU setup page every time, are you referring to the OSU Settings screen (sample image below)?

If you're getting a different screen, a screenshot would help (with any personal/private information blurred or obscured, since this is a public forum). If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Which financial institutions are not showing up in the summary? How long has this been happening? Is the last download date updating? To check that date, go to Tools>Account List and look in the Last Download column.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina Yes, you are correct about the setup page.

Regarding the OSU summary, it stopped showing all accounts after the upgrade to R48.15. However, the forced reconnection to the AMEX account happened after the upgrade to R48.15. So it may be related to the issue.

Even though the OSU summary page does not show all updated accounts, the accounts are still downloading the transactions. Also, the last download date/time stamp in the account registry does not display for the accounts that do not display in the OSU Summary page.

Hope that info helps.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Okay, I just tried an OSU and the Summary page showed all updated accounts.

However, the Setup page displayed first. There are 2 Pen Fed accounts that are not selected for download in the setup page. I disconnected downloads for those 2 PenFed accounts, and the Setup page still displays prior to the OSU update.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

I'm glad to hear your accounts are now displaying properly on the summary page.

Its normal behavior for the One Step Update Settings screen to show up when you start a One Step Update, and I observe that behavior in my Quicken as well. That said, I did see older threads in the Community that indicate it didn't always function that way, so depending on when you last updated your Quicken, this may be a recent change for you.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just noticed that when I first start Quicken and do a OSU, i get the password vault password request. After entering the password vault password, OSU starts immediately. If I request OSU again, the OSU setup page appears. From your statement, I guess this is now normal behavior. Thanks.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This problem returned. EWC accounts are not downloading transcations.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues. This sounds a bit different from before since now you have accounts that aren't downloading at all? Are you getting any error messages? Have you been updating only from One Step Update, or have you tried updating the accounts by going to the gear icon at the upper right in the register and selecting Update now?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Some are having success with Signing out (Sign in as a different user), closing Quicken and signing back in. Others have to take the steps in this link to revive EWC accounts that won't update.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It does appear that for me and some others there is something that has happened that causes corruption of the runtime.dat file. This then causes the date/time stamp and the connection method in the Account Register (beneath the account name) to no longer show. It also causes the date/time stamp in Account List to show "Not Available". In addition, the affected FIs will show up during OSU as running and being completed but once OSU is done those FIs will not be visible in the OSU Summary. Yet, transactions and online balances were updating properly.

For me it started slowly with a single FI acting like that but over the course of about a week most (not all) of the FIs were affected. It also started in one data file and over that same time period it started to affect other data files.

Validate and Supervalidate did not resolve the issue, nor did Update Now, Reset Account, Deactivate/Reactivate nor doing a clean unistall/reinstall. Also, restoring a backup file did not fix the issue (not surprising since the runtime.dat file is separate from the QDF file so the restored backup file was accessing the same corrupted runtime.dat file).

For me it started a couple of weeks after I'd updated to R47.15 so I don't think the update had anything to do with it because when an update is responsible for causing an issue it usually shows up right away of very shortly after completing the version update.

As noted in the link that @markus1957 posted, what fixed it for me and some others who have experienced the same issue was to delete the runtime.dat files for all of my data files. Then opening each data file and running OSU which rebuilt the runtime.dat files. In most cases, DC accounts were fixed immediately but most of the EWC and EWC+ accounts (each account individually for each FI) needed Reset Account while some needed to be Deactivated/Reactivated. Since fixing this 10 days ago, there has been no recurrence of it for me.

I updated to R48.15 yesterday and so far there has been no recurrence of this issue.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 2023
    Options

BTW, while this runtime.dat file issue was occurring, I had also experienced that prompt to enter my PWs during OSU. I did sign in as a different user, as suggested by @markus1957 , and that resolved this issue for me.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I will give the suggestions a try and post results. Thanks.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Reporting back after trying suggested actions.

Backed up the datafile.

I renamed the existing runtime.dat files to runtime_yyyymmdd.dat

Started Quicken and tried OSU.

Only the direct connect account gave a time stamp although it looked like all accounts were updating.

I reset all the EWC & EWC+ accounts and a retried.

The time stamps showed for the reset accounts.

Retried OSU. The timestamps did not update on the EWC,EWC+ accounts.

I reset the EWC,EWC+ accounts again.

I went to each register and did an update from the register for each account.

The timestamp updated for every account.

Next, I tried an OSU. The timestamp updated for all accounts.

I think it's working. Fingers crossed.

Thank you.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Thanks for the update. That's pretty similar to what happened with me. It's now been 11 days since I recreated the runtime.dat files and everything is still working well.

FYI: When you are comfortable doing it, you can delete those renamed runtime.dat files since Quicken does not use them. They only serve as backup in case the newly created runtime.dat files do not function correctly.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This issue is a bit like wack a mole. It pops up and sometimes some accounts stop working. After resetting an account, the download summary works for a while and then other accounts stop. I wonder why this is so unpredicatable. It seems like an unstable section of code.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 2023
    Options

I had the same issue where the problem recurred with a couple of my data files this past weekend. I've been documenting the issues observed (and I'm seeing many) with R48.15 but the two main issues from my perspective are the accounts stopping updating (almost always they are the EWC/EWC+ accounts, rarely the DC accounts), the corruption of the runtime.dat files and something that is causing very poor responsiveness (sometimes with white screens and view distortions) when opening files, when starting OSU and when clicking on anything right after OSU. My gut is telling me that there is some issue where Quicken is not responding well with the Cloud Account (or vice versa) but that's just a guess.

I have a Zoom meeting tomorrow morning with the Quicken development team to review these issues. (I got Quicken management's attention on these things when I was doing some EWC—>EWC+ testing with them regarding US Bank, we ran into some reauthorization issues and I commented that maybe it had something to do with R48.15. They asked for some details and next thing I knew I got an email from their development team.)

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac Thank you for pursuing a resolution.

This discussion has been closed.