Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Options

Comments

• tps29
    tps29 Member
    Options

Agree with everything RGPowell has to say.

• gengquist1
    gengquist1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @barrychi said:
    > In addition I find the reminders with frequency of greater than monthly are still auto.

Good morning, on this advice I tried using 32 days as my criteria. Sadly, they reverted from 'Auto enter' back to 'Remind me' as well.
  • chulo3023
    chulo3023 Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. I just changed 30 reminders back to auto-entry and Quicken switched them to Remind Me when I logged in today. I thought I had Sync to Quicken Cloud turned off, but found it checked this morning. Very frustrating! I hope they come up with a global fix soon!!

• james150
    james150 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is still an issue for me too. I have gone through all the steps and every week when I reopen it goes back to Enter instead of Edit. It is not automatically entering the bills and requires me to go through a ton of {click...wait...click...wait...}. If this was "fixed" shouldn't there have been some kind of download/update/anything? This issue is putting me behind and the best they have to offer is, "call", where they are most likely going to walk me through the exact same steps.
  • jim@1
    jim@1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here also
  • barrychi
    barrychi Member ✭✭
    Options
    @gengquist1 If the frequency (How Often) is Quarterly or Yearly, then the reminders remain on "Auto"
  • John Hale
    John Hale Member ✭✭
    Options
    I set my reminder to 27 days before the due date and it still does not automatically enter in the register.
  • gengquist1
    gengquist1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @barrychi said:
    > @gengquist1 If the frequency (How Often) is Quarterly or Yearly, then the reminders remain on "Auto"

Wow... 90 days in the future.. that is some hard core planning :smile:
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi All, This issue has been reported again and the ticket has been re-opened and moved up in priority. We hope to have a fix soon but do not currently have an ETA. Please stay tuned and thank you for your patience.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DanOH
    DanOH Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue as previously reported by other users. Billers and reminders defaults back to "Remind me about this bill" after having set the reminder to "Automatically enter the bill" after the set number of days.

• sircody01
    sircody01 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @gengquist1 said:
    > > @barrychi said:
    > > @gengquist1 If the frequency (How Often) is Quarterly or Yearly, then the reminders remain on "Auto"
    >
    > Wow... 90 days in the future.. that is some hard core planning :smile:

Very useful for my annual/quarterly subscriptions e.g. my annual HOA dues, annual anti-virus subscription, etc.
  • gengquist1
    gengquist1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @sircody01 said:
    > > @gengquist1 said:
    > > > @barrychi said:
    > > > @gengquist1 If the frequency (How Often) is Quarterly or Yearly, then the reminders remain on "Auto"
    > >
    > > Wow... 90 days in the future.. that is some hard core planning :smile:
    >
    > Very useful for my annual/quarterly subscriptions e.g. my annual HOA dues, annual anti-virus subscription, etc.

I just tried 90 days... they reverted again after a sync.
  • BakerL
    BakerL Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've tried all of the suggestions. It looks like it accepts the new setting of "Auto-entry", but when I open the file again, it had reverted back to "Remind Me"
  • jim@1
    jim@1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mine are all set to 30 days auto entry. It doesn't mater if it is just a reminder or an actual instruction to my bank to make the payment. Across all accounts bank and CC
  • barrychi
    barrychi Member ✭✭
    Options
    If you don't perform sync with the cloud (mobile and web) then you don't find this issue. I make entries in mobile all the time
  • elprice7345
    elprice7345 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still not fixed after I upgraded to R50.8 Build 27.1.50.8.

Changed transaction to Auto, synced, and transactions went back to Upcoming.
  • JColeman
    JColeman Member
    Options

Same problem for me. Every time I sync, they all revert back to the default of remind, instead of auto-enter.

• Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Seems as if the Quicken Moderators have gone dark on this issue 🤔

Hey Moderators…how 'bout some kind of update at least once a week so we feel like someone is actually working on the issue 🤨

• noerrm
    noerrm Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken,

I just opened my program to see a couple of new features that seem completely useless. Meanwhile, myself, and several other users are still facing an issue with our bill reminders going from "auto enter" to "remind me." I've reset my reminders multiple times and each time I open Quicken they are right back to "remind me." How about you do what we are paying you for and fix the problems, instead of adding all sorts of useless features.

Every single one of my bills should say "AUTO." Now, more of them say "UPCOMING" than "AUTO," and I'm tired of chaning them back. You need to fix this.

I know you're aware of this problem, because there are multiple threads on it. Unfortunately, each one ends in… Please call Quicken and start a help ticket. Your help desk is slow and unresponsive, and frankly, a waste of time. This is an issue your software developers should be able to fix, or at least identify during their DevOps process.

Version: R50.8
    Build: 27.1.50.8
    Windows 11 Enterprise

• Bob01520
    Bob01520 Member
    Options

Same issue. Just got a new update today; it didn't help!!!!

• RVRangerRob
    RVRangerRob Member
    Options

When will the auto entry of reminders be repaired? It's been over a month now. All 75+ reminders must be manually entered each time since a few updates. When changing the reminders back to auto entry ago, all work is lost and reminders are all changed back to manual entry repeatedly. A great deal of lost work and time. Far worse than inconvenient. Must I find a new product after 40 years of Quicken? Already had to change from Home and Business to Starter due to gross degradation of usability from over-redundant changing, removal of features, and instance price increases. Will this issue of scheduled reminder auto entry be fixed immediately or is it still maybe someday on a future update and when? Please do not just apologize for any inconvenience.
    Respectfully,
    Robert N Higgins
    AT1/E6 USN retired
    Quicken user since 1985 on DOS.

• mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I can’t agree with you more! Apparently it’s not serious enough for Quickens Support, to elevate to a higher level because they say this issue doesn’t impact functionality. How many more users must take their time out to search for others with them same problems and find out that this problem was reported over a month ago and Quickens doesn’t seem to recognize how much of a serious problem this truly causes people. Quicken Support, please listen to your users and provide adequate resources to provide an solution to fix what was is broken asap!

• jimmyv
    jimmyv Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been having a problem with my monthly bill that were always set to AUTO say 1 Day prior. Now every time that I SYNC to the cloud all that were AUTO were all change to UPCOMING. This has been happening since at least April if not before. Also some of these payment get changed to the next month as if they were input!! I have called support 3 time on this problem and its never been change to what it use to be. This is causing me many problems and usually have to go back to the PAYEE to make sure it's been recorded. "Quicken PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM" I've had Quicken since the early 1990's and have never had this problem..

• stevebarr32
    stevebarr32 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The Quicken update to R50.8 that I just installed did not fix this error.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

When changing a transaction from manual enter to auto enter,the transaction reverts back to manual after syncing with mobile. It has been doing this for over a month and I thought that it would be fixed by now. there has been at least three updates since it started and no fix as of todays update.

• Dmill
    Dmill Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is awful...just discovered and caused 2 late payments. We totally rely on this feature now. Please fix IMMEDIATELY!
  • fmashby
    fmashby Member ✭✭
    Options
    Not resolved.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey Robert Higgins,

Based on the number of users reporting this issue, I suspect it is getting high priority for a fix.

I’m another Higgins using Quicken for many years.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• GlennVT
    GlennVT Member ✭✭
    Options
    @quicken is there an ETA on this? I've reported it via the quicken desktop app 2x and have had no response. This is very frustrating as it's one of the key reasons I use quicken vs. alternatives available today.
This discussion has been closed.