Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Options

Comments

• spconn
    spconn Member
    Options

I have applied patch 50.8 version 27.1.50.8. No change.Still resets all auto-entry to remind after cloud sync.

How many weeks have gone by? Why can this not be fixed?

• spconn
    spconn Member
    Options

I have applied patch 50.8 version 27.1.50.8. No change.Still resets all auto-entry to remind after cloud sync.

How many weeks have gone by since this report? Why can this not be fixed?

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi All, This issue is being looked into. We do not have an ETA at this time but we did ask this be moved up in priority. When we have more details, we will let you know. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Nathan Fournier
    Options

I'm having a similar issue too where Auto-entry transactions have flipped to reminders. It's been an issue for the past two updates where changing them back only works as long as you don't close the application. This feature used to work beautifully.

Also, REMINDERS seems broken too. They used to appear in the account registers as a row that you could choose to have entered. This is no longer happening. The bills and income page also seems useless since the last update as transactions are no longer being visibly flagged as due. My Accounts show a notification that 4 transactions are due but I have no idea what those are.

Honestly, I've always preferred to use Auto-enter over reminders as most of my bills are recurring and automatically paid without to take any action. Now, I can't even be sure that the balances are correct even 5 days into the future.

I'm tempted to resurrect Microsoft Money which was always reliable until Microsoft chose to stop supporting it.

• ragtopvette94
    ragtopvette94 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Nathan Fournier said:
    > I'm having a similar issue too where Auto-entry transactions have flipped to reminders. It's been an issue for the past two updates where changing them back only works as long as you don't close the application. This feature used to work beautifully.
    >
    > Also, REMINDERS seems broken too. They used to appear in the account registers as a row that you could choose to have entered. This is no longer happening. The bills and income page also seems useless since the last update as transactions are no longer being visibly flagged as due. My Accounts show a notification that 4 transactions are due but I have no idea what those are.
    >
    > Honestly, I've always preferred to use Auto-enter over reminders as most of my bills are recurring and automatically paid without to take any action. Now, I can't even be sure that the balances are correct even 5 days into the future.
    >
    > I'm tempted to resurrect Microsoft Money which was always reliable until Microsoft chose to stop supporting it.

I fixed issue by not using mobile or web. turn them off and they worked. think I closed out after doing then logged back in
  • JPJigglesworth
    JPJigglesworth Member ✭✭
    Options
    For the time being, I disabled web sync entirely. It was useful at times, but I didn't use it enough to deal with the lack of auto-enter.

I get this is 100% not a fix, and shame on Quicken for not fixing it, and even going so far as to mark the issue resolved, however it may be useful to people having the issue that don't use web sync that much.

If there was a product out there with the same feature set as Quicken, I'd jump ship.
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi All, This issue is being looked into. We do not have an ETA at this time but we did ask this be moved up in priority. When we have more details, we will let you know. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lacanady01
    lacanady01 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

I have Premier R50.8 build 27.1.50.8 and under Bill and Income what I have set as Auto enter the transaction changes by the next time I log into Quickens. I would go back and edit that instance and future instances to set back to Auto but again when I to log in the auto enter is removed and it is back to remind me.

Has anyone seen this before and have a solution?

[Merged Post]

• lacanady01
    lacanady01 Member
    Options

Thank you all for this thread… I am experiencing the exact same issue and see you are not getting any updates from the Quicken's team. If they are not responding here or to an open incident tickets in their system; where do we go from here?

• Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

"If they are not responding here or to an open incident tickets in their system; where do we go from here?"

Consumer Affairs 🤷‍♂️🤔

• alan2857
    alan2857 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    While this problem is annoying and Quicken's response is less than stellar there are some workarounds that can be instituted that mitigate the problem. First on each Bank and Credit Card account set the "Show reminders for:" to the next 30 days that's the dropdown next to the cog dropdown on top right of the register. 2nd and most important on each "Bill and Income Reminder " set the reminder to a reasonable number of days in advance, I typically use 28 days. Now your entries will show as upcoming or Due in the transaction register. You will see a flag in the accounts Pane on the left that looks like a clock that tells you if you have to do something manually in the register, for example manually post one or more transactions. The manual posting is done by right mouse clicking on the "Upcoming" or :Due" flag in the 1st column and selecting the "Enter this reminder". Okay this is an annoying workaround but its unlikely that you will miss any bill or income events that would have been automatically entered.
  • DaveWhite71
    DaveWhite71 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just received an update in the last hour (9 June) Last week, I spent far too much time changing all my reminders back to AUTO ENTER after the last botched update by Quicken, and I reported the issue in the software. Had I understood the depth of Quicken's inability to code software, I would not have allowed it to update today, because all my automatic entries are changed AGAIN to reminders. Sorta thought that competent programmers would have fixed such an egregious error by now. The problem is made worse by Quicken's failure to provide a bulk-editing function in the reminders window where the user could select multiple items and changed them all to Auto Enter at once. Instead, due to sloppy programming, I have to do every single one separately, wasting lots of time to fix Quicken's error. Unfortunately, the fixes suggested so far do not solve the problem once it occurs. Added to the recent split transactions screwup by Quicken, this is moving me to seek another way to manage my finances. I cannot leave such an important function at the mercy of a company that cannot manage its software effectively, or correct its errors in a timely manner.
  • Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why would you do all of extra work when all you have to do is look in the "Bills & Income" tab where everything form every account is in one place, by date, and can be entered from there.

• oaridner
    oaridner Member ✭✭
    Options

It is happening to me too for many weeks now, even before the updates mentioned here.

In my case I set all Bills and Income deposits for automatic entry 30 days in advance. Quicken stopped entering them automatically in the register but still they show as auto enter entry, not a reminder. Looking at "Bills & Income" tab, t

he Auto label on the status column changes from light blue when it is scheduled for auto enter to orange when it missed it forcing me to manually Enter each transaction one at a time. I tried everything suggested but nothing fixed the issue. In the past I was told to change the 30 days to a different value, like 29 or 32 and that fixed the issue at that time but now it doesn't matter how many days I set, nothing works.

• alan2857
    alan2857 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Paul Roques said:
    > Why would you do all of extra work when all you have to do is look in the "Bills & Income" tab where everything form every account is in one place, by date, and can be entered from there.

Its a question of personal preference of how you work with Quicken. I don't use the "Bills & Income" tab on a regular basis except to occasionally add/modify or delete entries. I prefer to see all future transaction in my registers so that I can see a running balance. I appreciate that people use the product in different ways; my personal theory after talking with other users is that its a function of lifestyle, age and length of time people have been using the product. I have personally been using Quicken since the MS-DOS days and have endured many hiccups over the years generally I have found that there is some workaround that lets you continue till the developers fix the issue.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

No longer relevant after being merged to the main discussion on this issue.

[Merged Post]

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• toddlcox
    toddlcox Member ✭✭
    Options

When Quicken indicates there is a fix, we all should make sure to run a backup prior to trying the Sync Now feature. If the reminders revert back to "Upcoming", then just restore from backup. That will at least save the frustration of re-creating the auto enters. At least I think that would work.

• Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I find that only next due of the Auto Enters revert back to "Upcoming while the remainder that are due in future months remain unchanged.

While the majority that revert back are within the next 30 days, since those are monthly payments & income, the ones that are quarterly only have the next one due revert back and future ones are unaffected.

• bgauvey
    bgauvey Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Same thing happened to me

[Merged Post]

• bgauvey
    bgauvey Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The same issue is happening to me. Not all Auto Enter are being reset, just a select few.
  • Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm sure that those "select few" are just the next due of the recurring ones.

• Dan Lies
    Dan Lies Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm also having this AUTO entry to MANUAL entry issue. I removed all of my accounts from SYNC, but my Investment accounts continue to show & update on the web & mobile app! I've done the "Reset your Cloud data" several times. Strange that I can't control their SYNC behavior. The next 5 days of AUTO Entries that I changed back to AUTO remain. Though, I haven't had any to process today.
  • Lorenzo
    Lorenzo Member ✭✭
    Options
    I continue have the same error. All auto enter entries are being reverted to reminders... been going on for a while and seemingly with no apparent fix in process
  • Jim Van Leeuwen
    Jim Van Leeuwen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Reported. This has been happening for me. I went back in and set back all of my manual bills to auto-enter on the day they are due, but it keeps turning the auto-enter back off on all of them.

Jim

--
    Quicken Windows Deluxe Subscription

• mcalcpa
    mcalcpa Member
    Options

Having the same issue. This has been "broken" for over a month after an earlier update!!! It worked fine for years and is a key feature.

The previous Alert regarding this issue and referenced above ("NEW! 5/8/23 Bill Reminder "Auto Enter" gone after Syncing to Mobile") is no longer accessible—getting a "permissions problem" error message. Regarding that Alert before is was not accessible, it stated "RESOLVED 6/2/23 This issue has been marked as resolved. However, this Alert will remain available for those who may still be experiencing this. Thank you!" IT IS NOT RESOLVED.

Why is this still not fixed (yes, my product is up to date)??? Constant bugs and issues with basic features—and not getting resolved—is got old a long time ago.

• dms329
    dms329 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Please fix this. "Updates" always mess stuff up. [Edited - Language]

• danichcr
    danichcr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm seeing this same problem but only for accounts that do have an online set up. I have an account that I track manually as it doesn't have an online option for Quicken (Apple credit card) and the auto-entries for that card work just fine...
  • stevedell
    stevedell Member ✭✭
    Options
    After a few days of the recurring transactions being properly configured to "auto enter" instead of "reminding" me, the problem has reoccurred. I called tech support and they were clueless. At the time of the call, the "auto entry" was working fine. I restarted Quicken a few times and the changes stuck. I proceed to change about 10 recurring transactions to auto enter 3 days before the actual transaction date.

These posted correctly.

This morning, 6/12/23, I downloaded my banking and brokerage transactions normally and got a reminder message about two pending transactions for 6/15/23 instead of auto-entering them. In looking at the "Bills & Income" tab, all of the auto enter transactions that I had established thru the end of June are now reverting back to reminders.

The only account where the recurring transactions are "sticking" is a separate account where I track charitable giving but do not include that account in my net worth calculations.

According to the update feature in Quicken, I'm running Release R50.8.

Any definitive help would be greatly appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.