Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Options

Comments

• spkcoil
    spkcoil Member ✭✭
    Options

I hope this problem gets resolved soon. Use to work perfectly. Now, it's a pain.

• spkcoil
    spkcoil Member ✭✭
    Options

The frustration of this problem not getting resolved is increasing daily expecially with users of Quicken for years because it worked well before the update.. Paying bills on time and keeping accurate account balances and reports is what users pay a subscription for. Please think about reverting back to an older version so users have this functionality while your programmers have time to resolve the issue.

• mamskel
    mamskel Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is so frustrating. I spent a lot of time over the years setting up my memorized transactions. Over the past month, they have all started changing from "automatic" entry to reminders. I have changed them back and saved them multiple times, but they keep changing back to reminders. How do I fix this? It is wreaking havoc with my planning.
  • katengel
    katengel Member ✭✭
    Options

The Auto entry reverts to reminders during the Sync process. I disabled my sync process until this is resolved. Not an acceptable solution though!

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Many users are experiencing this issue. It only occurs if Cloud Sync is enabled. See this discussion

QWin Premier subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

No longer relevant in this merged context.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I also have been experiencing for some time and this problem is definitely NOT resolved. I’ve been using Quicken since 1995 and have seen many problems but this is the first that they have just stopped trying to fix and say it is resolved when it is not

• mamskel
    mamskel Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I disabled SYNC and it seems better, but that means I need to manually save my data to an external drive daily in case of cuputer crash? Get your act together quicken. I was on a chat for over an hour with support a week or so ago about this. The person was not helpful AT ALL. Basically said I had to change all my information into another account, then delete old account, and upload new one....then proceeded to give me instructions that were not clear at all, and I felt would completely result in my years of accounts vanishing. When I asked for them to give me one step at a time, they used terms that made no sense to me as a user of the program, so I gave up. Its obvious it's not just me now that I see all these posts. I pay a lot for this service, and it's going down hill fast.
  • mamskel
    mamskel Member ✭✭
    Options
    I disabled SYNC and it still is happening. I do not have the APP, so it's not an issue with that either. Thanks for routing me to the discussion though! I'm glad it's not just me. It's frustrating that Quicken says it is resolved when it clearly is not...
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just to be clear, did you go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile and Web and move the slider to the left? That is what disables cloud sync.

Other users have found that disabling the cloud sync stops the reminders from being changed from Auto to manual entry in the future. It does not undo past changes.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

If the fixes they give you in support are so effective, why don’t they just post them so everyone can benefit from them instead of sending you on a wild goose chase that benefits no one

• mamskel
    mamskel Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Bill B said:
    > If the fixes they give you in support are so effective, why don’t they just post them so everyone can benefit from them instead of sending you on a wild goose chase that benefits no one

Well said!!!
    But:
    The support I got on chat was useless. This is not a support issue. It's a bug in their system...I'd rather revert to the previous update if I could until they get this fixed
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I agree!

• mamskel
    mamskel Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK, yes. I did that and it seems to help. Thanks! I had disabled it from the update accounts screen, which obviously does not work. Still waiting for quicken to fix this though. Now I have to be extra conscious of backing up to my external drive.
  • Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is there even a replacement out there for Quicken? More importantly one that will easily import your Quicken data so you don't have to spend days entering years of data ☹️

Moderators - please pass on to the higher-ups in the company that there about to lose many valued and, prior to this, loyal customers if something isn't done soon. In the mean time partial refunds for the time this has gone on would be in order or better yet, in the interest of customer retention, a 50% discount applied to ones next annual renewal.

Paul

• Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    Options
    danicher
    I do not get the same result as you indicate with the Apple Card. I know it is not available to download, but in my case I manually track and when I change the "Optional Settings" to estimate the amount for me to "use credit card balance" it immediately reverts back to "Fixed amount". In my case it acts the same as my other credit cards and will not retain the method I select.
    I also have turned off the sync ability of the program and auto enter tracking on bills seems to be retained.
  • toddlcox
    toddlcox Member ✭✭
    Options
    EVERYONE, FOR NOW TURN OFF SYNC AND THE ISSUE WILL GO AWAY. IT'S THAT SIMPLE. UNTIL WE GET AN UPDATED FIX, THAT IS THE ONLY WORKAROUND. I BACK MY DATA UP TO A THUMB DRIVE AS A PRECAUTION. YOU CAN SET THE BACKUP REMINDER TO EVERY TIME IN EDIT>SETTINGS, SELECT BACKUP.
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry, not true. I don't use SYNC and still have the problem

• Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

That doesn't work…go back and read all of the posts which will explain, in detail, all of the issues with this problem.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

have requested this posting be merged there -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Most other Reminder postings have been merged here …. into these 9 pages -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Where are you merging these to? I don't see any links for either of your merge posts 🤔

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options

I'll be quite brief. If Quicken won't automatically enter my bills into my register while being synced to the cloud, and continues to delete and duplicate automatically entered transactions, I have no use for it. I can manually manage my accounts using the online tools provided by my bank. Fix this soon or I will download the past 7 years worth of data as csv files and remove Quicken from my computer. Maintaining my files in Quicken is more labor intensive than doing it in a spreadsheet

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Paul Roques - the other threads are merged into THIS thread …

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• kitsap916
    kitsap916 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still is a problem for me at version R50.8 running on Win 11.

• spkcoil
    spkcoil Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken, just revert back to an older version that works, while your programmers scamble to fix the problem. This would make business sense than to just wait and run the risk of losing customers.

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options
    The problem just got worse. Now Quicken is entering my auto - enter transactions, then showing the next upcoming transaction as "skip".
  • zsnau734
    zsnau734 Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Reported to quicken and sent sanitized data file, etc. No response yet.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken programmers haven't got a handle on this problem yet.
    My recommendation is to Stop Sync in the Quicken desktop program and not use Q Mobile or Q on the Web until you have seen a future update where the Release Notes explicitly identify this problem as solved.

This discussion has been closed.