Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Options

Comments

• llewelynbm
    llewelynbm Member
    Options

Same issue for me. Turned off sync to cloud and it didn't matter.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Comment no longer relevant in merged context.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• kgallippi
    kgallippi Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine

I tried to submit a "report problem" and got this error, twice - -

• boomer_1970
    boomer_1970 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

It seemed the issue resolved itself about a week ago for a few days but all of my "auto enter" bills and income have reverted to reminders. Very frustrating

_________________________________________________Using Quicken Deluxe R50.8 Build 27.1.50.8 USA

• Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It seems to revert back after running sync to mobile

• D_Livingston
    D_Livingston Member ✭✭
    Options

Bill and Income Reminders keep changing to Remind in place of Auto Enter, Any one else have this issue?

• barichick03
    barichick03 Member
    Options

Still not working. I changed everything to auto last week and they are all now back to manual. I use a desktop version that then syncs with the cloud version before exiting. Like others, this has worked perfectly for YEARS! Something in the latest update messed it up. Please fix!

• jeffolsonzoo
    jeffolsonzoo Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here, running Quicken for Windows R50.8, build 27.1.50.8. I was able to get the bill reminders to stay as "Auto" by turning off Cloud Sync as suggested elsewhere here (Edit→Preferences→ Mobile & Web→ Sync: Off). I had also previously done a File Validate procedure; not sure if that had any impact.

I'll continue to keep Cloud Sync disabled until this issue gets resolved. I do like having access from the Web and/or Mobile, but it's not as important to me as being able to have my bills entered automatically.

• wrnoof
    wrnoof Member ✭✭
    Options

Some of my scheduled transactions are set to automatically enter in the register and some are reminders. The reminders are generally bills I pay using Quick Pay or Check Pay. The Auto Enter Transactions are generally auto pay bills withdrawn from my checking account or charged to a credit card by the biller. When I run Cloud Sync many but not all of my Auto Enter bills are changed to reminders. I have set them as Auto Enter for a reason and want to keep them that way. Is this possible? This is clearly a Cloud Sync issue. This does not happen when I exit Quicken without syncing. When I change reminders back to Auto Enter transactions and exit Quicken without syncing, they are, in fact, automatically entered into the appropriate account register.

• mshiggins
    edited June 2023
    Options

• wrnoof
    wrnoof Member ✭✭
    Options
  • mshiggins
    edited June 2023
    Options

• mshiggins
    Options

• BJSm217
    BJSm217 Member
    Options

All of a sudden some of my auto-enter transactions in Bill Reminder are switched to "Upcoming," requiring manual entry. I tried switching them all back to auto, but every time I close & reopen program, they're back to requiring manual entry.

Weird thing is it only affects one account, which happens to be checking. The autos for my credit card are unaffected. I've seen other threads on this. What is the status? When will this be resolved?

• ameade
    ameade Member ✭✭
    Options

I must be one of the lucky ones. Turning off the Mobile & Web sync seems to have fixed the problem of everything reverting to reminders. I just did my weekly download of everything, and my items remained at Auto. NOT a solution, but a short term work around at best. Quicken can do better!

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The problem is though even given the fact that the status changes to AUTO, the AUTO reminder never enters into the account register. It shows in the Bill Minders highlighted in red as a missed reminder

• TrailBlazer
    TrailBlazer Member
    Options

same issue. tried all suggestions. no resolution!!!

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options

Still haven't heard anything from Quicken. A ticket has been submitted. Okay. Is the ticket covered with a stack of tickets waiting to be worked or is this in work now?

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is not the perfect solution, but it may be a good temporary work around for some of you. After you open an account register click on the Gear Icon in the upper Right Corner. Under "Register Views and Preferences" select the "Reminders to show in register" option. Quicken will give you options to select either 7, 14, 30, 90 (days), 12 months, or "Don't Show Reminders". If you do select one of the options future auto reminders appear in the register. It is my opinion that when this option was added (not sure when that happened), if the last option of Don't Show Reminders is selected it prevents the Auto Reminders from appearing in the register.

For myself I am not really happy with that method for two reasons. First, you have to have every account set up in that manner and I have several where I have Auto transactions set up. Secondly, I don't like to see the future transactions cluttering up my account registry. I prefer the auto transaction appearing on the date I set (as it worked before). I will continue to report this as a problem and sent it to Quicken each time I encounter an auto transaction not appearing in the register. I use the report a problem to Quicken option in the Help menu.

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options

This got even BETTER today. I ordered a car part in 2021. Today, Quicken is asking me if I want to schedule this transaction in addition to 24 other one - time and irrelevant transactions. I can't use the cloud, including Quicken Online or the app, unless I want my scheduled transactions changed from "Automatically enter the transaction in the register X days before the due date" to "Remind me X days in advance". Even while disconnected from the cloud I have to purge "Schedule These?" routinely. If Intuit/Quicken's goal is to thin out the herd, then count me as one less customer if you don't fix, or at least show significant progress in fixing this, quickly. I have saved all of my significant attachments (receipts) in a folder. I can use my bank's website to reconcile my checking account for free and without aggravation.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @BJSm217,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6823)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Johnny M
    Johnny M Member
    Options

Hello all, I’m tired of all this nonsense and will be switching to Simplifi first of July and all problems will be resolved, yes it will take a little time to make the change but we’ll worth it. Also will be requesting a refund for my starter edition I just paid for a couple of weeks ago, I’ve been a Quicken user now for over 40 years.

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options

Simplifi is a brand new personal finance app brought to you by Quicken. Nope, once I leave Quicken then TurboTax is the only Intuit product I will continue using.

• JohnSnow
    JohnSnow Member ✭✭
    Options

Maybe that is the end result? Why else would it take this long to fix something that breaks when you sync to the mobile version?

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options

That very well could be the desired end result. This is an astute observation.

• jjulius
    jjulius Member ✭✭
    Options

Tried it. Unsuccessful. Still reverts back to Upcoming. Going to switch everything over to Empower.

Kind of eye-opening for the lack of help/support from a product I have used for over 25 years.

• mth
    mth Member ✭✭
    Options

Another dissatisfied user experiencing this issue.

• mth
    mth Member ✭✭
    Options

These are the types of feature that keep me using Quicken. When they quit working for an extended period, I start to get cranky and look into what else is available these days. This is how companies lose customers who were previously satisfied and had no intention of looking into switching.

• mcalcpa
    mcalcpa Member
    Options

Long-time user, and agree with all of the above! This has been an issue for over a month now! C'mon Quicken! You can't roll back whatever you broke with you update, at the very least? I have gotten all those emails from the CEO about how great everything is supposed to be now…

This is a basic product feature, as far as I am concerned, and to not have it working for over month is a serious failure.

And appreciate everyone who has tried to find workarounds and fixes (none worked for me), but no one should have to STOP USING or DISABLE other product features, THAT YOU ARE PAYING AN ANNUAL FEE FOR, just to make another feature work properly.

I am looking elsewhere…

• mth
    mth Member ✭✭
    Options

Exactly. If I leave Quicken, there is no way I'm considering going with a product from the same parent company who I already know are prone to simple, long-term blunders.

This discussion has been closed.