Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Options

Comments

• CHARLES BEHRMAN
    CHARLES BEHRMAN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Janean Administrator, Moderator admin11:06AM edited 4:33PM

Hi All, I have reached out regarding this. We hope to have the issues regarding auto entry and bill reminders resolved in R51. We do not have an ETA for when this release will happen, so please stay tuned. Thank you for your patience.

Quicken Janean

• JColeman
    JColeman Member
    Options

I have the same issue with auto-enter for income & auto-enter for bills and have reported it multiple times, with never any response. The problem seems to be in the sync procedure. I can set everything the way it's supposed to be, sync, and it's back to "remind" instead of auto-enter for EVERYTHING. If we have to manually enter everything, we can do that for free in Excel. PLEASE FIX THE SYNC PROBLEM.

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options

That's exactly what I said a while ago. If I have to do everything manually then I can do it with Excel for free. Meanwhile, I just keep sending Help>Report a problem. If nothing else, they can't say that they didn't know about

• David Allan Haynes
    David Allan Haynes Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I unlinked from Quicken from Quicken Mobile, signed out of Quicken and then signed back in to Quicken. Not sure if both were necessary, but Auto-Enter is now working again as it did initially.

• grega
    grega Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

[Removed - Unhelpful]

• Billma
    Billma Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

I have set up all my reoccurring bills with the "Mangage Bill & Income Reminders" feature. I choose to have them entered automatically. Unfortunately, most if not all seem to be reverting to a "reminder" rather than the setting to auto-enter. Why is the program changing this on me?

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Comment no longer relevant in merged context

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Billma
    Billma Member
    Options

Thank you, MSHiggins.

• MemphisBBQ
    MemphisBBQ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I can set the reminder to automatically enter the transaction 1 day ahead of the selected date. After setting all the transactions to "Auto enter", without having closed Quicken, returning to this reminder function maybe the next day, each of the reminders set to auto enter had changed back to "remind me 3 days ahead of the selected date". I have reset these 3 times and each time transactions will not remain as "automatically enter", but return to notify me 3 days in advance. How can this be corrected? It began about a month ago.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Comment no longer relevant in merged context.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• S. Dougherty
    S. Dougherty Member
    Options

Why does the auto enter for bills in "Bill reminders" keep switching ALL my auto enter transactions back to auto reminders? This despite following five attempts of following the online instructions, backups, software updates and 27 minutes on the phone with a tech in El Salvador?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For those new to this discussion, @Quicken Janean says this is being worked on and a fix should be available in R51.

A workaround is to go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web and move the Sync slider to the left. This should stop Auto Enter reminders from being changed to Remind Me. It will not fix reminders that have already been changed. Also this will prevent syncing to the Quicken Mobile and Web apps.

QWin Premier subscription
  • DaveWhite71
    DaveWhite71 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Had to laugh when I saw that the issue was temporarily marked as resolved, which it most certainly is NOT. As an experiment, this morning, I changed a number of my scheduled transactions to AUTO ENTER. Not all of them, as I have a lot of transactions and zero faith in Quicken, but enough to try my test. I then exited Quicken and sync'd it to the cloud. Then I restarted Quicken and checked my scheduled transactions. Sure enough, my lack of faith was justified, as ALL of my transactions are back to reminders. This issue has been a problem for almost six weeks now. Given its importance, I would think that it would have been resolved quickly, but nope . . .

As for the comment that "this does not affect the functionality of auto entry," that is complete and utter nonsense. If you want a scheduled transaction to appear in your register, you must do it yourself. You won't get any help from Quicken's defective software.

• bills327
    bills327 Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Hi Guys,

I recently noticed that most of my future scheduled transactions are changing from "automatically enter" to "remind me."

I went back and changed them all, but when I re-start QW, they changed back!

Very time consuming and frustrating.

Did I miss something?

• JLutker
    JLutker Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Bill,

That is what this thread is about and Quicken is working with hopes of having it fixed by release 51.

• MemphisBBQ
    MemphisBBQ Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried the Validate File suggestion and thought it worked. I closed the screen of the Reminder and opened it and all were just as I left them, Auto activate. But he next time I opened that section, most had reverted to "Remind…" So I took the next suggested step holding down CTRL and Shift and click on Validate. It worked until I closed quicken and reopened. Most of the changes had reverted to "remind". This is really a bug-a-boo. I hope the tech people can correct this in the next update release.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@MemphisBBQ In an earlier comment in this discussion, I said

For those new to this discussion, 

@Quicken Janean

says this is being worked on and a fix should be available in R51.

A workaround is to go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web and move the Sync slider to the left. This should stop Auto Enter reminders from being changed to Remind Me. It will not fix reminders that have already been changed. Also this will prevent syncing to the Quicken Mobile and Web apps.

Please try this and let us know if it works for you.

QWin Premier subscription
  • bills327
    bills327 Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Thanks, I didn't see this thread and posted my problem. I guess they merged it here.

They say that misery loves company…….not so much!

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I downloaded an update to R 50.15 and a transaction I had scheduled for today as Automatic entered into the registry automatically. The problem looks like it is resolved.

• spconn
    spconn Member
    Options

Update R50.15 installed. Results:

Test #1 - Set 5ea auto-remind entries to auto enter. Sync to cloud - Fail
    Settings returned to auto-reminders
    Test #2 - Set 5ea auto-remind entries to auto enter. Backup file, close application - Pass
    Settings remain auto-enter
    Test #3 - Following Test #2, sync to cloud (no app restart) - Fail
    Settings returned to auto-reminders

The issue is not resolved, although update R50.15 notes indicate it may be. Forwarding logs.

• CHARLES BEHRMAN
    Options

They just put update out did not fix problem

• CHARLES BEHRMAN
    Options

DID NOT WORK SAME PROBLEM THEY REVERT BACK TO UPCOMMING

• John Patriarca
    John Patriarca Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic/Rant].

iT WAS NOT OFF TOPIC. R50.15 STATED IT FIXED THE PROBLEM. IT DID NOT. I'M NOT RANTING. DO YOUR JOB AND FIX THE PROBLEM THAT HAS BEEN ONGOING FOR 2 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RSRon
    RSRon Member
    Options

Having exact same issue, is this what we pay for on yearly subscription??

When will this bug get fixed?

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try closing Quicken after the download, then reopen and then do your test. That worked for me. I don't use Mobile and WEB.

• DanGilbertTX
    DanGilbertTX Member ✭✭
    Options

That is the workaround that was working before the update this morning. What others are saying is that update did NOT fix the issue when a user has it set to update to Mobile/Web. It would seem this was a hotfix for some other error involving automatic entry and not the one all of us on this thread are experiencing. What is most disappointing is the lack of communication from Quicken about the update and letting us know in advance that this update would not fix the issue.

• Mark432
    Mark432 Member ✭✭
    Options

I can also confirm that version R50.15 HF4 did not resolve the problem. The Release Notes indicated that a problem related to Auto Reminders was corrected, but it does not this issue.

I repeated my usual testing.

(1) Validated my current QDF file to ensure I'm using good data.
    (2) Made a backup.
    (3) Turned Sync back on (Mobile & Web » Go to Mobile & Web » SYNC).
    (4) Ran the 'One Step Update' (I unchecked '[ ] Sync to Quicken Cloud', just to see if that was a work-around. And, no. No, it is not.)
    (5) I checked Tools » Manage Bills & Income Reminders, all of my 'Auto' bills switched to either 'Due' or 'Upcoming' (both of which are 'Remind me…').

So, yeah, we're all waiting for a fix. I will, once again, report this through Help » Report a problem…

• spkcoil
    spkcoil Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

The new version update R50.15 did not fix the problem that we are experiencing here in this thread. Quite disappointing! It's pretty simple what we are asking for. There should be no questions raised by the developers (programmers) of what needs to be fixed.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi All, The fix for this issue is hopefully going to be released in R51. The issue relating to auto-reminders in the new hot fix, R50.15 - is different. Please stay tuned as we do not have an ETA for when this release will be available. Thank you for your continued patience.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.