Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Options

Comments

• spconn
    spconn Member
    Options

Updated to R50.13. Still no fix.

• spconn
    spconn Member
    Options

Updated to R50.13. Still no fix.

• DanGilbertTX
    DanGilbertTX Member ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately that workaround is NOT working for me. I had done that a week or two ago. I am also having it constantly ask me to sign in to Quicken every time I start Quicken. Frankly, the product has gotten worse over the past year. I have 25+ years of data and use of Quicken and have had more issues in the past year than the all the previous ones combined.

• x-bear
    x-bear Member ✭✭
    Options

I set up auto payment for each entry. The next time I open Quicken, the program goes back to up-coming. I do this in the manage manual bills and income, this shows done.

Why is this change back happening?

• Michael Sloss
    Michael Sloss Member ✭✭✭
    Options

In addition to the auto reminder issue, I have only recently also been requested to sign in frequently, but not every time. I also continue to have one-time reminders changed to yearly. Very frustrating!

• Glenn F  MA
    Glenn F MA Member
    Options

I also have this issue where my bills & income reminders that were set up as auto-entered reverted back to manual. I noticed this in May - reset my items - and then the next time I opened Quicken, they were reset to manual. Seems to be an issue with the recent version update for the subscription service?

• CHARLES BEHRMAN
    CHARLES BEHRMAN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

your not alone. I have both problems also.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, I'm sorry for the trouble caused. We have reported this issue and it is being looked into. If you have not already, please go to Help>Report a Problem and submit your logs, and screenshots to contribute to the investigation. Thank you for your patience.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bstarks
    bstarks Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I can confirm that validate and super validate DOES NOT fix this problem. What I observe consistently is that a transaction download from my bank (Bank of America) or credit card company (Chase) will reset any scheduled payment from Auto to Reminder every time. BUT a download at the same time from my investment firm (Merrill Lynch) does not.

If you don"t do a transaction download nothing happens to the auto status of a scheduled payment. It stays put just fine. It's the action of the transaction download that causes it to revert to a reminder payment.

• Kent0sc
    Kent0sc Member ✭✭
    Options

Happening to me too. Paychecks, transfers, and bills that were auto enter are now remind me and manual after a sync. Also 2 paychecks disappeared. What a mess.

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Received an update to Quicken R50.14 today. Still no fix for the AUTO entry issue.

• Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

There has been two updates and still not fixed. C'mon Quicken

• CHARLES BEHRMAN
    Options

They really messed this up!

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken update my software this morning. No help, still has the same problems. Once again I opened Bill and Income Reminders and was asked "Schedule These?" for the same transaction I've been saying "No" to since May. I did report it using Help>Report a Problem which sent my logs but not a screenshot.

• Mark432
    Mark432 Member ✭✭
    Options

Installed version R50.14 build 27.1.50.14 this morning, and it's still not fixed. Admittedly, the Release Notes didn't indicate it would be fixed, but I tested anyway.

(1) Validated my current QDF file to ensure I'm using good data.
    (2) Made a backup.
    (3) Turned Sync back on (Mobile & Web » Go to Mobile & Web » SYNC).
    (4) Ran the 'One Step Update'.

When I checked Tools > Manage Bills & Income Reminders, all of my 'Auto' bills switched to either 'Due' or 'Upcoming' (both of which are 'Remind me…').

But, hey, I repeat myself.

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options

Mark - I hope you used Help>Report a problem. I believe they need our log files to troubleshoot

• wi_muggs
    wi_muggs Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue. Looks to have started between 5/12-5/19. When I enter these in manually it is not progressing to the next date.

I also have 100s of blank bill payments going back almost everyday for months.

This is getting very frustrating. I used to be able to spend a couple of minutes updating my accounts and getting a pretty good snapshot on my finances.

Now it seems I am spending hours trying to cleanup my quicken files due to errors in the application. I have been a long time customer and it doesn't seem that it is worth using this application anymore.

• Keptar69
    Keptar69 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having an issue with manually entered bills. I have them set to auto enter into the register 16 days in advance. However, after the first one is entered, the status of the bill changes to a Reminder instead of Auto Enter.

Anyone else having this issue?

• RF1992
    RF1992 Member
    Options

This started happening to me around May, 2023, along with the twice a month paycheck switching to once a month. At a minimum, why can't you (Quicken) roll back the update to what the software was, say, in April while you diligently work on the issue?

I need Quicken to be solid. If this is not corrected soon, I will cancel my subscription.

• CHARLES BEHRMAN
    Options

bills & income reminders have not worked for about 3 months for me.

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm submitting a Help>Report a problem each time I open Quicken and find the same problem. Hopefully I will get someone's attention

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have pretty much doing the same thing. Hope more users also get on the bandwagon and do the same.

• sullfam1
    sullfam1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Helllo Quicken moderators,

There is another post (Ticket # 10230169, CTP-6712) that should be combined with this one as it is duplicate. Only thing is that post does not allow anybody to comment.

So how are we doing with this issue? I have had two updates in the past month and neither fixes this issue.

• dldowpar
    dldowpar Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

When ever I do the one step update all of the entries I have set up to Auto Enter change to upcoming.

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

"QWIN-18022" was a problem ID Quicken assigned to this issue a long time ago. Please include it in any problem reports you send to Quicken.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi All, I have reached out regarding this. We hope to have the issues regarding auto entry and bill reminders resolved in R51. We do not have an ETA for when this release will happen, so please stay tuned. Thank you for your patience.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gginaz2
    gginaz2 Member
    Options

I have always setup my bill, income & transfer reminders to automatically enter into my registers on the due date. This was working just fine until around March of 2023. At that point my automatic entries stopped and were all showing as upcoming or past due. I went through and changed them all back to automatically enter. I closed out of quicken (which was set to sync to the cloud and to the mobile app). When I re-opened quicken everything was back to showing as upcoming. I changed all of my reminders again and turned off the sync to the mobile app. They are now staying as automatic entries, but this means that I can no longer use the mobile app and consequently have to be at home and on the computer to see anything. This makes quicken completely useless.

When will this issue be corrected? 😣

• bstarks
    bstarks Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

This issue has been fixed as far as I can see

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nope, not yet, still a problem

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Mine is still acting up. Every day I open Quicken, get the ongoing disaster, click on Help>Report a problem and tell them again. Maybe they will expedite fixing it if enough people continuously report it using Help>Report a problem. Then they have the logs and screen

This discussion has been closed.