EdYork
EdYork Member

Quicken repeatedly having issues with Global 1 step update

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And those issues are???

What error codes, or messages are you getting?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dadola
    dadola Member
    Options

Accounts are not updating with One-step Update

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're not giving us much information to work on.

Please call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• EdYork
    EdYork Member
    Options

I called tech support and ended up with no help. Bank says quicken is having connectivity issues. I can log in my accounts individually using browser, but quicken keeps giving me error. This is home and business edition. Other people are having same issue.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6990)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• EdYork
    EdYork Member
    Options

Yesterday and today, I received message that Quickens online service was unavailable, to try again in 10 minutes

Time was 10:29 am today

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, Are you able to connect? Can you please try again? Thanks!

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• EdYork
    EdYork Member
    Options

No, every time I try, I get a message to try again in 10 minutes. Is ther some other software that is similar to quicken that works properly?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you are getting "Oops, something went wrong" or "Check Internet Connection" …
    • To make sure that Quicken is allowed to update and save its configuration files please check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If it is, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access
    • Have you recently enabled a VPN?
    If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off, reboot with VPN disabled and see if that helps.
    • Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    • Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
    Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.
    For example, in McAfee Firewall, one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
    If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center.
    • In older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Scroll down the list to "Use TLS x.x" and click to put a checkmark on all available TLS choices.
    Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
    Click Apply. Reboot.
    • If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC
    • Please let us know which of the above solved your problem.

• EdYork
    EdYork Member
    Options

This is all I get

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Whatever Firewall / Antivirus software you are using, Quicken requires these 3 permissions:

(This shows my Norton AV/Firewall settings).

If you're on Quicken release R 50.xx (or higher), you also need a similar permission for Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime, for a new function introduced in Quicken

The numeric portion of the path to Webview2 may vary depending on your version of Windows and Edge.

If you have to make changes to your settings, reboot Windows when done, then try Quicken again.

This discussion has been closed.