Discover Card Bank sign in fails

Options
jonnyaugust
jonnyaugust Member ✭✭

Hello - I was troubleshooting my Discover credit card and bank accounts. I deleted both thinking I could get them to resync without getting an error every time it updated in app or on mobile (for some reason bank required a 2nd manual refresh to work).

So I deleted both accounts and tried to re-add. The Discover credit card account connected successfully however the discover bank account won't let me sign in. When adding the account, it said "Sign into Discover Bank failed. Try again. Sorry, the sign in failed due to time out or a connection error. Select Sign In to authentica via your web brownser" After doing that it just repeats - it never routes me to the web browser.

Please advise. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @docox,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally and our teams are working to resolve it, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• csvrcek
    csvrcek Member ✭✭
    Options

FYI- Having the same issue.. following

• jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    Options

Is this forum monitored by quicken? Feel like I'm speaking to the void for a subscription based service.

• Barry Jablonski
    Barry Jablonski Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm also having this same issue.

• SrinivasM
    SrinivasM Member
    Options

I have the same issue. I am able to add my Discover card but when I select 'Discover Bank' as the institution, I cannot sign in to relink my savings accounts.

• nicci
    nicci Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here - following. I wasn't having the issue until I did a restore for a completely unrelated thing. So peeved at myself!

• Exe
    Exe Member ✭✭
    Options

Once again another account connection not working.
    Need to look at Alternatives to Quicken.
    Quick to take our money for service, but nothing when it fails.

• Exe
    Exe Member ✭✭
    Options

Sync just worked, but when I did my Reconciliation it blew out my connection.

• Misterbill
    Misterbill Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

EWC+ is just such a disaster. The problems never end.

• Evan1
    Evan1 Member
    Options

following

• zipman
    zipman Member
    Options

Same issue here! When I select 'Discover Bank' as the institution, I cannot sign in ⇒ sign in failed due to time out or a connection error.

• nicci
    nicci Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I went back to R48.15 for other reasons and am able to connect to Discover Bank again! FYI in case it helps others or Quicken themselves… Still having tons of paycheck issues tho.
  • MLC
    MLC Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here. It's not just Discover for me. It's every account that uses EWC+
  • kadavisson
    kadavisson Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. I just called Discover and they said to contact Quicken. Ugh.

• Kevin P.
    Kevin P. Member
    Options

Same issue here. What is the estimated time for completion? I have a yearly renewal coming up and plan to cancel unless this is fixed.

• jrcorwin
    jrcorwin Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue with Discover Bank which I didn't have before updating. I wish there was a way to just quit updating.
  • ebk33
    ebk33 Member
    Options

Same thing here—I first noticed on Friday, 5/26

• jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic]

• JP Burleson
    JP Burleson Member
    Options

Same issue occurs with Discover.

• JP Burleson
    JP Burleson Member
    Options

****Edit from post 05/31/2023***

Temp solution: I deleted the account I was trying to add which was a savings account I did "Offline" and attempted to utilize the CSV format, and that didn't work for my parameters. Deleted account, and went to this Quicken site: https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html and you will note there's a "QW27.1.48.9MPatch". I downloaded and executed. It shut Quicken and it shall ask if you'd like to open. Select "Yes". Afterwards, it will re-work your old version and you'll be able to add accounts in "Discover" and recognizes all accounts you have open excluding IRA's. I utilize Quicken Windows membership version, and at the very top it reads "New version available". DO NOT download. Wait until Quicken fixes the issue, and then download the newest version. Hope that helps. My version is working flawless.

• jrgator
    jrgator Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue. It's like Quicken "thinks" that Discover Card is EWC and Discover Bank is EWC+
  • Hubie
    Hubie Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here. Problems with Discover Bank happen more often than not!
  • BlueDevil99
    BlueDevil99 Member
    Options

Best not to download financial software from and unknown source (although the file seems fine in this case).

You can get it directly from Quicken at

https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.48.9MPatch.EXE

or the newer

https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.49.29MPatch.EXE

Both work by adding Discover Bank and linking with the existing accounts.

• pappasb
    pappasb Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @BlueDevil99 said:
    > Best not to download financial software from and unknown source (although the file seems fine in this case).
    >
    > You can get it directly from Quicken at
    >
    > https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.48.9MPatch.EXE
    >
    >
    >
    > or the newer
    >
    > https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.49.29MPatch.EXE
    >
    >
    >
    > Both work by adding Discover Bank and linking with the existing accounts.

I did the newer patch - seems to work for the moment. Thanks for the help!
  • Misterbill
    Misterbill Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited June 2023
    Options

I was just able to connect and download transactions for my two credit cards using "Discover Card" as the financial institution, which still uses EWC. Selecting Discover Card Account Center or Discover Bank will use EWC+ and doesn't work (as discussed in this thread). Even when it was "working", EWC+ downloaded data to the wrong credit card account from time to time. Will stick with EWC for as long as I can.

• jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    Options
    Now day 9 of no resolution.
  • jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    Options
    Day 14 of no resolution.
  • EricMC
    EricMC Member ✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.