Discover Card Bank sign in fails

Options

Answers

• jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @BlueDevil99 said:
    > Best not to download financial software from and unknown source (although the file seems fine in this case).
    >
    > You can get it directly from Quicken at
    >
    > https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.48.9MPatch.EXE
    >
    >
    >
    > or the newer
    >
    > https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.49.29MPatch.EXE
    >
    >
    >
    > Both work by adding Discover Bank and linking with the existing accounts.

I double click the patch and nothing happens - how do you get it to run the .exe?
  • EricMC
    EricMC Member ✭✭
    Options

Click the second patch once and allow it to download in the browser. After downloading, click the .exe file once to begin installation from the browser.

• jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    Options
    bump. patches won't install.
  • kadavisson
    kadavisson Member
    Options

The patch worked. Discover Bank just downloaded all of my accounts. Thank you!

There was an error displaying this embed.

• kadavisson
    kadavisson Member
    Options

The patch

> https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.49.29MPatch.EXE

• jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @kadavisson said:
    > The patch
    >
    >
    >  > 

it wont run when i double click it even with administrator rights. Quicken not installed on C: drive but E:: - would that matter?
  • jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    Options
    17 days - no resolution yet.
  • LOCO515
    LOCO515 Member
    Options

I have been connected with Discover Bank for over 3 years, I have been doing Update accounts which connects w Discover Bank and Etrade. I never got an error but just discovered Quicken has not been downloading interest since the March update. I thought I would try to connect and this is what brought me to the Community. Also, one of my Etrade IRA accounts is off by 11% for the balance. No idea where that hangup is.

• LOCO515
    LOCO515 Member
    Options

I tried the newer patch recommended above BlueDevil. Downloaded it and login to DBank worked. I then selected the accounts I wanted to add and selected add to existing account and it worked !! The patch, didnt fix the Etrade account, but I am happy Discover Bank is working .

• EricMC
    EricMC Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @LOCO515 said:
    > I have been connected with Discover Bank for over 3 years, I have been doing Update accounts which connects w Discover Bank and Etrade. I never got an error but just discovered Quicken has not been downloading interest since the March update. I thought I would try to connect and this is what brought me to the Community. Also, one of my Etrade IRA accounts is off by 11% for the balance. No idea where that hangup is.

Roll back to the patch mentioned above as a workaround until a fix is posted.

https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.49.29MPatch.EXE
  • jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @EricMC said:
    > > @LOCO515 said:
    > > I have been connected with Discover Bank for over 3 years, I have been doing Update accounts which connects w Discover Bank and Etrade. I never got an error but just discovered Quicken has not been downloading interest since the March update. I thought I would try to connect and this is what brought me to the Community. Also, one of my Etrade IRA accounts is off by 11% for the balance. No idea where that hangup is.
    >
    > Roll back to the patch mentioned above as a workaround until a fix is posted.
    >

Patch doesn't install. Tried w/ admin rights - no go. nothing happens.
  • sschneider
    sschneider Member
    Options

Following. Same issue. Also still having trouble with the Chase accounts ever since Chase did their "update". An interesting observation on the Discover issue: If I go back to my laptop which has Windows 10, I have no problems. My desktop has windows 11 and nothing works right.

• jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    Options
    20 days - 2/3 of a monthly subscription!
  • dimgeoch
    dimgeoch Member
    Options

Same Issue here (and Paypal as well)

• jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    Options
    25 days - who should I contact for a refund on my subscription?
  • jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    Options

Day 28 - still no explanation or timeline from Quicken for taking my money for broken software.

• Slofgren23
    Slofgren23 Member
    Options

I've had the same problem since it was first reported by jonnyaugust. Still no resolution. Any update on status?

• john.miller970
    Options

Same issue and hate to install a patch just to add an account.

• jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    Options

This company has no shame. We are now at 1 month of no resolution, no update, and unhelpful customer service.

• wolfmanaz
    wolfmanaz Member
    Options

yeah i am having the same issue. Tried everything and discover bank doesn't allow you to export quicken transactions manually, and quicken won't let import using excel.

• jonnyaugust
    jonnyaugust Member ✭✭
    Options

A month! What's the update on working with your PowerBI teams to fix the glitch?

• Qkn847279
    Qkn847279 Member
    Options

Unable to add new account for Discover Bank

• Kiryl
    Kiryl Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here:

• shawnsonline
    shawnsonline Member ✭✭
    Options

The workaround worked fine for me.

I did get an error when I tried to install the older version. I followed UKR's post at the bottom of the next link because it was very well written and gives solutions to a couple of scenerios. For me it was because I had a space in my username. I created a temp admin user, installed the patch, then deleted the temp user.

Once the Discover Bank connection was authorized I was able to update to the latest version and it still works. So the issue is not getting data from Discover. The issue is the GUI or underlying connection to authorize new accounts seems broken. I am thinking that most people with existing authorized Discover connections do not have an issue even with the latest version. The userbase having this issue is probably relatively small which is why they are not dropping everything to fix. (I am speculating…I have no clue what Quicken is really thinking)

This whole problem was fixed in 15 minutes for me, even with the error.

• Barry Jablonski
    Barry Jablonski Member ✭✭
    Options

Still unable to add Discover Bank Account. Quicken downloaded the latest update this morning — still broken.

• needhelp
    needhelp Member ✭✭
    Options

This problem has been going on for over a month…what is the problem. All the work arounds seems to be risky and kluge.

• Frank M
    Frank M Member ✭✭
    Options

My Discover Bank One-step downloads stopped downloading after June 9th (no error messages). Additionally, I opened a new Discover Bank account this week and I can't set it up for downloads.

• docox
    docox Member ✭✭
    Options

Not being able to link or add account Discover Bank account has been an ongoing problem for over a month. Are you really working to fix this our have you just given up on trying to get it to work? Kind of hard to pay good money for half a program working. This is question from a user of Quicken since 1996.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @docox,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally and our teams are working to resolve it, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.