How do I add an account for the Apple Credit Card?

Options

So I've read through everything in the community that I could find and I tried calling support with zero luck (they weren't even aware of the challenges with connecting to Apple), so trying here for help next.

I'm a brand new user and I'm adding my accounts. My understanding is that there is no live connection to Apple, that I have to download monthly statements & import. I got that far.

So I went to add an account and Apple Card (card.apple.com) is listed under Connected Accounts. So I tried that first, thinking that it might be a special selection I needed to make so that I can import the QFX files, since other apps have a special path for Apple for the same purpose. But selecting creates a manual checking account?? SO confused as to what's going on.

Ok, so then I try to create a manual credit card account, which sets up fine. But then when I try to import the QFX files, I get an error.

So exactly how do I add an account for Apple Card?

I can't find any instructions anywhere. Support doesn't even know what the Apple Card is nor that you need to do imports.

This doesn't bode well so far in just starting out with this software. Would really appreciate any help. TIA.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @WolfieH3,

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• WolfieH3
    WolfieH3 Member ✭✭
    Options

thanks for the reply I’m out on the road so can’t upload right now. Could you confirm what the correct steps are to add an Apple CC account for now please?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

As long as they allow you to download .QFX files, you should be able to import those into Quicken. Generally, the first time you import a .QFX file from a financial institution, Quicken will give you the option to add as a new account or link to an existing account.

There is a FAQ for Quicken Mac users giving more complete directions. I've translated those directions for Windows users below:

Steps to Take:

1. Open Quicken on your computer.
    2. Go to the Wallet App on your iPhone and select the Apple Credit Card
    3. Click on the "Card Balance" button below the credit card
    4. A new "Balance Details" window will open on your iPhone.
    5. Scroll down to "Statements"
    6. Select the statement you want to download.
    7. A new window will open with the statement you selected in step #6
    8. Select "Export Transactions" at the bottom of the statement.
      1. Do NOT select "Download PDF Statement".
    9. A new "Select a file format" window will pop up. 
    10. Select "Quicken Financial Exchange (QFX)"
    11. A new window will pop up on your iPhone giving you options as to where to send your QFX file.
    12. You will need to send the file to your computer. Since Windows does not support AirDrop, you may need to email it to yourself.
    13. Once you have the file on your computer, you will need to import it into your Quicken. You should be able to do this by either opening the file (which should cause you to automatically be prompted in Quicken) or in your Quicken program, go to File>File Import>Web Connect (.QFX) File
    14. The transactions for the statement you selected will be automatically imported into Quicken.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• WolfieH3
    WolfieH3 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina Thank you for the help! I get an error when I try to import the QFX file using File>File Import, BUT when I tried the other method you mention, just opening the QFX file directly, they imported. So THANK you!!! :)

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear you were able to import your transactions.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• majorgear
    majorgear Member ✭✭
    Options

Does the import create the credit card account for you the first time you import it? Or do you need to create an Apple Card account manually first?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The first time you import the QFX file Quicken will prompt you to create a new account or link to an existing one.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.