Does Quicken Home And Business For Mac Download Square Transactions

Options

Can square detail transactions download to home and business for mac? Does home and business keep tract of inventory items?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @BruceNeeley,

To answer your questions, I do see Connect to Square as a connection option.

If that is the Square you are referring to, then you should be able to download account information and banking transactions.

No, the home and business version of Quicken for Mac does not have inventory management functions.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken is a personal financial planning software and that applies to Home and Business, as well. Home and Business is largely intended for small personal businesses such as rental properties.

Inventory management is a business accounting and planning function. If you really need an inventory management feature you might want to look into some of the business accounting/planning software tools that are available, such as QuickBooks.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• BruceNeeley
    BruceNeeley Member ✭✭
    Options

i understand there is no inventory managment fuction; but when you are creating an invoice were do the items come from? A list? Manual input everytime?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Unlike the Quicken for Windows version, Quicken for Mac Business and Personal does not have an invoice feature.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@BruceNeeley This is the first release of Business and Personal features in Quicken Mac. It's clear the developers aren't done. For instance, the Mileage transactions can't be printed or exported, which makes it pretty worthless at this time — but I'm sure there's more to come to make that feature more useful. What we don't know is what business features they plan to add, or when. I would have to think invoicing will be added, but that requires a lot more programming: being able to assign clients, design an invoice, print/email invoices, track receivables, etc.

Since I wouldn't assume anything, it might be useful for you to create a new Idea post for the addition of invoicing to the Business & Personal features. That way, other users can vote for the Idea and if it gains enough votes, it can be pushed to the developers. If they already have this on their roadmap, it will quickly be marked as "Planned", so you'll at least know it's coming in the future.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • BruceNeeley
    BruceNeeley Member ✭✭
    Options

thanks for your replies. I was hoping for a better functional aspect of the Mac version. Tired of all problems runing Windows.

• Quicken Victoria
    Quicken Victoria Employee, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Hello! As @jacobs stated (very accurately!), this is the first release of Quicken Mac Business and Personal. Not all features that you see in Quicken Windows Business & Personal are in Mac product yet but there is more to come. The first addition will be Invoicing functionality, along with other changes, such as mileage tracking improvements, introducing cash vs accrual reporting, and more.
    Please let us know what new features are most important to you and what improvements to the existing functionality you would like to see. That would help Quicken Mac team to work on the right priorities.

Thank you very much for your help and support!

-Victoria

• zubkov
    zubkov Mac Beta Beta
    Options

it will be great to enable rental properties functionality like in windows version.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think this question got missed.

Square would be treated just be like any other financial institution; you would be downloading transactions and those would be used for the invoice or whatever in running your business. The only real difference between that and downloading transactions for personal use would be what accounts the transactions are downloaded into.

Looking at "Connect to Square" support I see this:

61050	61050	61050	Connect to Square	https://squareup.com/	NA	https://squareup.com/login	ACTIVE	 	 	 	BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT	NOT_QBP	NA

The BANKING in that entry means that Checking/Savings accounts are supported, but the lack of CREDIT means that credit cards aren't supported. What is supported is up to the financial institution.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.