Will Quicken Mac add support for creating invoices? Tracking reimbursable expenses?

Options
dcamp
dcamp Member ✭✭
edited March 30 in Reports (Mac)

I'm moving from Quicken H&B Windows to Quicken Mac — wondering if there might be support coming for generating/tracking invoices and reimbursable expenses?

Best Answer

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jacobs, invoicing is planned for Quicken for Mac.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @dcamp,

While creating invoices is not currently a feature that is offered/planned to be added within Quicken Classic for Mac, if you wish to request this feature to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• wild blue
    Options

I was very disappointed to find out this feature is not included in the Mac version, it was one of the main reasons I chose quicken.🤬

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I want to question the reply from @Quicken Anja above. She says invoicing is currently not a planned feature for Quicken Mac, and suggests creating an Idea post for request it.

Really?

When Quicken Mac Business & Personal was introduced in December, the announcement from @Quicken Janean, who heads the team of moderators, said: "While our Mac team is learning from Quicken Windows's features, our Mac development team plans to expand on business-related features such as including Invoicing, Balance sheets, etc."

So which is it? Is invoicing a feature which is not yet in the firm development plans, or is it? I've been repeating that it is planned based on @Quicken Janean's post. If that information is incorrect, I'd appreciate it if someone from Quicken would clarify whether this key business feature is or is not currently on the committed development calendar. Thanks.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jacobs, invoicing is planned for Quicken for Mac.

Quicken Janean

• jacobs
    Options

Thanks for the clarification, @Quicken Janean.

• ElizFox
    ElizFox Member
    Options

I am Mac user and wanted to move to Quicken for Mac, I was using an older version of QB on Parallels. QB is more than I need for our smaller HOA. Using the windows version on Parallels is slow and costly. The only reason I was using QB was for the invoicing.

• jacobs
    Options

The only reason I was using QB was for the invoicing.

@ElizFox Hopefully the Mac development team will have something on that front sooner than later. Unfortunately, there's no way to know, other than that it's in the pipeline.

• dcamp
    dcamp Member ✭✭
    Options

@ElizFox I think you will be pleased with the performance and appearance of Quicken on a modern Mac — after many years also running in VMs (VMWare and later Parallels) I find the native Mac experience to be much better. As for invoicing, I've just decided to manage it for now outside Quicken with Google sheets — it works well for my simple needs.

This discussion has been closed.