Quicken Ad - Why is math hard?

Options
mgk1
mgk1 Member ✭✭
edited April 2 in Before you Buy

I got this email to renew my quicken. Not sure why I only am getting the 25% off, when it clearly says 50%.

Answers

• KAP478
    KAP478 Member ✭✭
    Options

So relatable

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The 40% is easy to explain, it is for NEW users, i.e. there is no record of the Quicken Id having a subscription version of Quicken registered against it.

The 25% vs 50% is due to somebody in marketing not paying attention to the single simple job they had of making an easy to understand ad.

I have no idea what the price should be, just my thoughts on seeing the ad.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Math isn't hard, marketing is apparently.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello All,

This has been sent over to my team to be investigated and corrected.

Thanks for bringing notice!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @mgk1,

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, you know who said it best…

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My renewal went up in price, I didn't get any discount. That's how you take care of loyal customers.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The 40% is easy to explain, it is for NEW users, i.e. there is no record of the Quicken Id having a subscription version of Quicken registered against it.

Actually, you do not have to be a brand new customer to Quicken. A customer is considered "new" by Quicken if they have not had an active subscription in over 30 days (or is it 60?). Can't recall which it is but it is definitely one or the other.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Actually, you do not have to be a brand new customer to Quicken. A customer is considered "new" by Quicken if they have not had an active subscription in over 30 days (or is it 60?). Can't recall which it is but it is definitely one or the other.

@smayer97 I believe we've been told that this is no longer true, but I can't recall the source of that information.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jacobs if that is true, that would be unfortunate. I have not seen such news.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

If an existing Quicken user purchases Quicken with a new Quicken ID, I think they can take advantage of the new subscriber discount.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That is definitely true, the real question is a user "new" if their subscription has been expired for more than 30/60 days. The downside to that process is that it requires the re-establishment of the Quicken Cloud Account for use by QMobile/QWeb and if the user has built up a history in it over several years, it is rebuilt with only the last 24 months of history. Unless it has changed recently, it started at 12 and was changed to 24 months of initial history several years ago.

I remember Q-Kathryn stating that loophole had been removed several years ago.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.