Here we go again, option to select pending transaction download in R55.26

Options
Chris_QPW
Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully it will go better than the last two attempts.

Signature:
This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3
    Options

For me the option to enable pending transactions is now visible in Edit > Preferences even though I have not accepted the upgrade to R55.26.

BTW the linked Help on this feature is refreshingly clear and well written.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This evening at the top of all my version's (well behind the latest and greatest version) downloading Banking Accounts I'm seeing this with the "Learn more" link checked:

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

It is working OK for me so far with the online reconcile being what is expected.

We will see…

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think this thread is going to the "most informative", because it has more information already posted in it:

But I will say that "learn more" is working for me in R55.26, but it might not be version related, because what it does is bring up the help page and we know how that fails for some people in some cases.

But as I said in the other thread given that the official notice of this feature is in the release notes and the "What's new…" displayed after the first start after installing R55.26 I think people should upgrade to R55.26 to make sure that this feature works as intended.

Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3
    Options

For what it is worth this early on (maybe not much), from what I can see so far this rollout is much more thought out/complete. They might actually have nailed it this time.

And if it works out this will probably the only true feature of Express Web Connect + that Direct Connect won't be able to match.

(Not that it is entirely impossible to do with Direct Connect, but because they would have never got the support from the financial institutions to changed things to allow supporting it.)

Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, I will call it, people aren't going to be happy with the results. At least not at Chase, maybe only at certain times. I believe that people that would be concerned about pending transactions will also be trying to reconcile to the online balance. Chase is doing it wrong, and that includes on their website.

As you can see this account was reconciled on 3/31/2024 with a total of 1,102.61 and is now not reconciling to the online balance. Here is the breakdown:

87.47 = 41.5 + 5.51 + 40.46. Chase is doubling the amount of the recently posted transactions and the pending one. As you can see from Quicken's total with these three transactions the total should be 1190.08 but has 1237.09. And yes, that is what is on Chase's website:

Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I couldn't reconcile to the online balances even a day later, and the amount difference got worse. So, I turned off pending transactions, disabled and reenable the accounts and downloaded, and could reconcile, but I noticed that the running balances were different!

So, of course that lead me to the "known bug", from yesterday's backup with pending transactions on:

These should be zero!

So, I will correct these and then turn pending back on and see how it goes.

Signature:
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I like the feature BUT I am not sure it is worth the headaches it is causing them. It seems to be working correctly with Bank of America but would need to work correctly with all FIs.

• teeann
    teeann Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having these reconciliation problems as well. Is this something that is being worked on by Quicken?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Chris_QPW,

I don't know if this will help with the issue you described, but what worked for me when I reconciled my Chase account was removing the pending transactions from the Online Balance. I clicked the info icon to the left of Online Balance.

Then, clicked "Online Balance not right?"

Selected the option to Exclude pending, then clicked save.

After clicking Update and letting it refresh, the reconcile balanced for me.

@teeann,

I responded to your other post that went into more detail about your reconcile issues. The problems you described do not sound like they would be caused by this feature.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• teeann
    teeann Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Chris_QPW

Thanks for the heads up on the pending stuff. I’m not sure if this is my problem or not, but it is good info to have re: pending transaction. Hadn’t noticed this feature before.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina (and maybe @teeann ) I don't think you noticed that I posted what the problems was here in this comment:

Quicken changed my opening balance when it shouldn't have. This bug has gone unresolved for years.

But the bottom line is that the "pending transactions feature" wasn't the direct cause of the problem. It might have triggered the other bug, but it isn't "the problem".

So, my report on the "pending transactions feature" was a false alarm. Sorry about that.

Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina but I did want to add that is very interesting information and I will keep it in mind for the future.

Thank you.

Signature:
  • teeann
    teeann Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, It changed my opening balance for two of my three credit cards at well. Someone on Reddit alerted me to this problem, fortunately, cause I was pulling my hair out. However I still have weird downloading and balancing problems. Today, my accounts did not download with the rest of my One Step Update. (Now i see this has been a problem for a couple of weeks) I had to download for easch of the 3 accounts. For the record I have tried resetting a time or two, it doesnt help. One of my accounts is weirdly still stuck on the online balance from a week ago, even tho it says it updated today. I hope this gets fixed soon

By the way, I also have reconciliation problems with my checking accounts. Autoreconcile says I am in balance, but then transactions still shows C cleared they but dont change to R reconcile. It is also not downloading transactions properly. The online balance is wrong. Some items that cleared days ago show pending. I am now stuck manually balancing my 2 Chase checking accounts and my 3 Chase credit cards manually, a la 2 or 3 decades ago :( This was all working fine a few weeks ago.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@teeann auto reconcile is reconciling to the online balance that is downloaded, and that includes a date. If that date is in the past that is what you are reconciling to.

At any rate your problems don't see to be related to the new pending transactions feature.

Signature:
  • teeann
    teeann Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, I get what you are saying, about pending transactions not being the issue. But why is Quicken now downloading an online balance from a week ago, and why different dates for different accounts? Regardless, I am now stuck manually reconciling my 5 Chase accounts, when all was fine a few weeks ago. Something’s messed up, and I know it is not on my end :(

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I suggest that you contact Quicken support and see if they can work through the problems you are having:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Signature:
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply @Chris_QPW,

Sorry about that; I completely missed what you posted about the Opening Balance changing. Unfortunately, that is a known issue. There is an article that acknowledges the issue and says we're working on correcting it in a future release. Currently, the article focuses on changing to Express Web Connect +, but the issues with opening balance sometimes changing when resetting or deactivating/reconnecting accounts have also been reported.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

One thing people should remember is a "pending transaction" is either completely correct, completely incorrect, or is just inaccurate and subject to change. It certainly can be correct and should reside ultimately in the register, and will eventually when the FI ads ut to your account at a later date. Like my pending social security check that I get pending a few days before it hits. But if it is a hold (like for a gas pump sale) they will go away eventually, it is a completely incorrect item and yoy might have been better off not even seeing it. And it might be a legitimate transaction but will be modified with an updated amount (like a tip hasn't been added in a meal after they ran your credit card) when it does hit your account for real. As a result of these three wildly different behaviors , I personally don't see why I would ever want any of these to be in my register in any way, shape, or form until the FI had put them in for real. It seems like a real mess to try to deal with these (or rely on any information gleamed from them) before they really "stick". YMMV.