System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Elan Financial download balances not reporting cents

Comments

• harterpk
    harterpk Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 6
    Options

Looks like cents are coming down correctly today, but the account still shows CC-800 (account deleted) and re-adding it doesn't fix the error.

This payee also still cannot be added to the Income/Bills screen. Had to do a "Check Pay" by hand today.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @harterpk,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did the CC-800 error issue start? Is if affecting only the account with Elan Financial Services? If not, what other financial institutions are affected by this issue?

Since you mentioned that re-adding the account did not correct the error, then the next step is backup your Quicken file, then follow these steps from this article on CC-800 errors:

First, you'll need to deactivate the affected accounts:

1. Select Tools Account List 
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Select Edit on each account with this error and Deactivate them on the Online Services tab
    4. When finished, close the Account List.

Second, reactivate the accounts:

1. Select Tools Add Account 
    2. Go through the flow of re-adding the deactivated accounts to Quicken, use your login credentials and answer any security questions, until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    3. Select to LINK each of the found accounts to the accounts you already have set up in Quicken. For accounts you don't want to link, select Don't add to Quicken

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@harterpk -

I have also found that running Update Now right after an OSU that returns this error code sometimes resolves the error.

If that fails, then doing Reset Account can sometimes resolve the issue.

I would probably try doing these two things before doing the deactivate/reactivate process because they are less disruptive processes.

If in the end the deactivate/reactivate process does not resolve the issue, there is the possibility that you might have runtime.dat file issue. You can read the process for how to fix that here: Re: Time date stamp [of last account update]. Some have reported that completing this process had also resolved long-time persistent CC-800 errors for them.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• harterpk
    harterpk Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 11
    Options

Try posting a short message. Two previous longer posts seem to have gone into the bit-bin.

• harterpk
    harterpk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Trying again.

Kristina,

Thanks for your question. I believe the CC-800 error for Elan showed up around the same time as the "missing-cents" error, which is why I assumed they might be linked. The missing-cents error seems to be fixed, and I can run "Update now" and it seems to work fine except that I then get the CC-800. Deactivating and reactivating this account seems to work normally, but the next time I do an update, the CC-800 error pops up.

The CC-800 is happening only for the account with Elan, though I saw it recently with all 5 accounts with my bank, which also showed the red circle with a slash in the account list to the side. I think that happened after Quicken updated itself, but then deactivating and reactivating the 5 accounts fixed the problem and they have been downloading normally since then.

Even though the Elan account updates just fine, I cannot add it to the Bills & Income screen successfully. It adds the account but then says Quicken is still trying to contact the biller and to give it time. Giving it time hasn't worked. So I deleted it again.

Suggestions???

Thanks.

• harterpk
    harterpk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Maniac,

Thanks for your suggestions. Running OSU after getting the CC-800 error does not seem to fix anything. Resetting the account does a reset, but the error comes back as soon as I update again.

I hesitated to do anything to the runtime.dat file, because it seemed that the "Last download" timestamp in the register was being updated just fine. Then I tried it in desperation and the CC-800 disappeared, but so did the timestamp in the register. Deactivating the account, restarting Quicken, and reactivating the account brought the timestamp back and brought the CC-800 back too. So, no progress.

I'm clueless at this point.

• harterpk
    harterpk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks guys!

Kristina,

To answer your question. I think that I started getting the CC-800 around the same time as I noticed the "missing-cents" problem with Elan, so I thought they were related. The missing-cents issue seems to be fixed, and I can do an "Update now" which appears to work fine. It downloads new transactions and reports the correct on-line balance. So, it looks OK, except that I get the CC-800 error popping up on the update summary.

I recently had all 5 of accounts at one bank marked with the red-circle (after a Quicken update, I think), which required deactivating and re-adding them all. This is a pain, but the deactivate/activate process seems to get the job done.

So, at the moment, Elan downloads OK, but throws the CC-800 error, and I can't add Elan as an Online Biller in the Bills & Income window.

Maniac,

Tried your suggestion: " running Update Now right after an OSU that returns this error code sometimes resolves the error" Didn't work for me.

Since the "Last download" timestamp at the top of the register window appears to be maintained correctly, I hesitated to try messing with the runtime.dat file. I did finally try it and the CC-800 error went away, but so did the "Last download" timestamp in the register. So, I deactivated the account, restarted Quicken and re-activated. Update Now seems to work again, but the CC-800 is back, too.

I'm at a loss, at this point…..

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 13
    Options

@harterpk - Assuming your Elan connection regards the Fidelity Rewards Visa CC, there is an option you might want to consider trying: Change your account connection from Elan Financial Services to Fidelity - Investment & Retirement Accounts. It resolved the no-cents and CC-502 issue for this credit card before those issues with Elan were resolved. I've been using this connection in a Test file for about 3 months and now in my main file for nearly a month and it has been working really well. Many others have posted that it works well for them, too. You can read up on the process for how to make this change in my 1st post of 3/22/2024 in this thread: Re: Elan Financial Services - CC-502 (QWin) [Edited].

Another thing I like about using this alternate connection is that with Elan there is sometimes a timing issue with it's downloads where newly posted transactions would download in the evening of that day but the Online Balance would not update until the following morning. This results in sometimes not being able to Reconcile to the Online Balance after OSU in the evenings. Instead, I would have to wait until the next morning to run OSU when the Online Balance would be updated and reconciliation could then be completed. With Fidelity - Investment & Retirement Accounts this timing issue does not occur. Instead, newly posted transactions do not download until after the Online Balance is updated and downloaded. So there are no issues with Reconciling to the Online Balance…at least not for me.

If you decide to try this method, let us know if it resolves your issue.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac Getting CC-501 errors via Fidelity - Investment & Retirement Accounts. Started today.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I've had no issue getting downloads today. I have my Fidelity CC set up with this Fidelity - Investment & Retirement Accounts in 3 different files and they downloaded new transactions in all 3.

One thing I have noticed with both EWC and EWC+ connected accounts is that it is not too uncommon for a financial institution to return a CC-501 error code when running OSU. When it happens for me it is usually 1 financial institution but sometimes it is 2 and it is usually early in the mornings or on weekends. When I get this error code, I usually will do Update Now and the issue goes away. This tells me that sometimes the Intuit and/or Quicken servers are perhaps getting a heavy demand load and simply don't keep up with all of the demand. Have you tried doing Update Now to see if that error code goes away?

• harterpk
    harterpk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac -

Sorry, but I had written this in one of the posts that didn't show up (I had one that didn't look like it took, but it finally came out with a timestamp a day later ??).

At any rate, I tried the setup you suggested with Fidelity - Investment & Retirement Accounts and it seemed to work fine for downloads, but I couldn't use the same institution to add as a biller in the Bills & Income window. I like to use "Quick Pay" when it works, because "Check Pay" takes a long time when it's good, and sometimes takes so long that I've had to call and beg to get my late-payment fee forgiven!!

Is there a way to get that to work??

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 14
    Options

@harterpk - No need to apologize. Sometimes an algorithm will move a new post to another area for someone at Quicken to review and approve. When the post is later approved it will suddenly become visible, again. It's something that was implemented to help eliminate spammers from inundating the Community which was a big problem in the past. It usually works well but sometimes it wrongly flags legitimate posts and perhaps that is what happened with yours.

I did forget to mention that Quick Pay works with EWC connections (like what the Elan Financial Services is) but it does not work with EWC+ connections (like what this new Fidelity - Investment & Retirement Accounts is). I know that Quicken has been working to get Quick Pay or something like it implemented for EWC+ accounts but I do not recall seeing any status update on this recently. Until then, if you really want/need Quick Pay functionality, you will need to continue using the Elan connection setup.

FYI, I long ago pretty much abandoned "push payments" from my banks to the billers because they can sometimes fail to meet the due date. What I do now is use "pull payments" by logging into my accounts on the billers' websites and set up the payments there so they pull the payments electronically from the bank. Never a problem. The few times where they screwed up and missed the payment date they readily owned up to it and did not hit me with a penalty or interest for late payment….didn't even need to argue the point with them because they just readily took responsibility for it.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatmaniac It turned out to be a temporary outage. It is working again.

Cross-reference:

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• harterpk
    harterpk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac

Thanks for the update. I figured that the Fidelity path would not work for Quick Pay, which I love, when it works. When it doesn't work, I sometimes wait too long and have to go to the CC web site and pull from the bank. It's a pain!

Hopefully Quicken will get it together with Elan again, soon.

• harterpk
    harterpk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well, the CC-800 error has been gone for a few days now. Nothing I tried worked, but one day I fired up quicken and did an update and everything downloaded fine.

I still would like to add my Fidelity card at Elan as an online biller. I try to add it and get "we're still trying to contact the biller." It says "give us a couple days" and I do and it doesn't synch up. I don't know if I should call support or try opening another discussion ….