How can I fix "Please check internet connection" error message

Options
MrVince
MrVince Unconfirmed, Member

Hi,

I have a fresh install of Quicken on Windows 10 and I'm unable to open it. Every time I launche the software I get an error saying "Please check internet connection and try again". So, I did check and my internet connection is working flawlesly. No firewall problem, no DNS issue, etc.

If I look in the QCSLogs.txt file, there is 2 errors:

################### Thursday, April 11, 2024, 11:47:19 #####################
ERROR:UPSRestClientService::MakeHttpsRequest - authHeaderCollection is null

################### Thursday, April 11, 2024, 11:47:19 #####################
ERROR:UPSRestClientService::GetUserProfileInformationRequest - Webmethod call did not succeed

I thank you in advance for your help!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @MrVince,

Do you use a VPN? Do you use an antivirus or malware software? Are you connected via wifi or ethernet?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What version of Quicken are you installing?

• S. Gordon Harwood
    S. Gordon Harwood Member ✭✭
    Options

please check internet connection

i have been getting this same message whenever i open a QFX file ever since this morning 26th April, 2024. I noted that this error has existed since 11th of April and no ETA of the fix was provided. This connection problem has existed for two weeks and no fix???????

• S. Gordon Harwood
    Options

please check internet connection

i turned off both my firewall and the VPN, the error persists.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @S. Gordon Harwood,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance since they have access to tools that we on the Community cannot access, and they're able to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10948902)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27
    Options

If you are getting "Oops, something went wrong" or "Check Internet Connection" …

• Your browser must allow popups from https://www.quicken.com for chat/phone support selections to function. See
    • To make sure that Quicken is allowed to update and save its configuration files please check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
      If it is, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in
    • Have you recently enabled a VPN?
      If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off, reboot with VPN disabled and see if that helps.
    • Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    • If you're running Quicken and Windows under a VM, ensure that the VM does not block any incoming or outgoing IP ports.
    • Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
      Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.
      For example, in McAfee Firewall, one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
      See Check your firewall settings and ensure the following three entries are present, pointing to the Program Files folder that you actually installed Quicken in:

If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center for assistance.
    • In Windows 11 or older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
      Click the Advanced tab.
      Scroll down the list to "Use TLS 1.x" and click to put checkmarks on all available choices even though some of them are no longer supported: "Use TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 (if available)"
      Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
      Click Apply. Reboot.
    • If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC

• S. Gordon Harwood
    Options

any update on this issue? my renewal is in two weeks. if this error is not resolved, I will not be renewing Quicken