Barclays US - New Website

Philip107
Philip107 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

The online connection for Barclays US is no longer working. I went to the site manually and they have a completely new website and login URL. They also have changed the password rules to include a special character.

I tried resetting my Quicken Barclays account and it refuses to connect to Barclays anymore.

Looks like Quicken needs to update their connection process for Barclays US.

I think I was getting a CC-503 error. I did submit the "report a problem" data from one step update summary page.

----Quicken User since 1998 ----

Comments

• ScotProf
    ScotProf Member ✭✭✭

I had the same problem, but I think the issue is with Barclays. As you say, their website / login page has changed today. I indicates that "You're in the right place…)" and that they've brought together credit cards and online savings accounts into a single system. A couple of weeks back, I received an email from them alerting me to the upcoming change, so I don't think it's a gigantic scam (at least, I hope not!).

However, I can no longer log into my Barclays US online savings account (I don't have a Barclays CC). It tells me that it can't find my account, and provides a number to call. I called that number and, after a short wait, spoke to someone who told me that she's in the credit card support, not online savings, she can't help me. She gave me another number to call. I've been on hold there for 30 mins so far. Meantime, I downloaded the Barclays US Android app, hoping that that might let me into my account. Nope. It gave me yet another number to call, and when I called that number using a different phone, it demanded my CC number….sigh. So it looks like Barclays have royally messed things up, and for now I can't lay any of the blame at Quicken's door.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Have you tried this yet?

If your bank recently changed their website or password requirements please read and follow instructions here:

For online billers please see if you can manage (remove and re-add or repair) the online biller, to see if their profile has already been updated.

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit Inc., of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and provide instructions for any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's or biller's office of the president.
    • You also need to contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone during posted hours of operation and report this as an Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc.  Ultimately, however, the bank or biller must initiate the call and work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17

Curious, because at 6:53am CDT just this morning, I download 4 txn from BarclaysUS (American Airlines card) without difficulty.

My FI is listed in Q as "Barclays Bank Delaware". URL is AviatorMastercard.com

Tried again just now (11:12am) and while nothing was downloaded (it had all come in earlier) there were also no problems.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• ScotProf
    ScotProf Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 17

That's helpful. I wonder if the issue is limited to Barclays online savings accounts (while CC accounts are not affected)? The OP didn't indicate which type of account he/she has. Nor whether they could log in to their Barclays account (as distinct from trying to connect via Quicken).

After almost an hour on hold with Barclays, I hung up. Thankfully, I don't need to access the $$ today, so I'll try to log in, directly to Barclays US, tomorrow. Only after I can do that, will I try to connect via Quicken.

• Philip107

I'm able to login okay manually from the new website. I have a savings account only, no CC. The Quicken online services for my Barclays account is deleted so I'm trying to set it up again from scratch. When I do the setup now this is what I'm getting,

This is clearly indicating that Quicken is at fault.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Philip107,

Due to the nature of this error message, I suggest contacting Quicken Support directly as an escalation may be in order. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ScotProf
    ScotProf Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 17

That's interesting, because the Barclays FAQ describing their changes (https://www.banking.barclaysus.com/faq.html?refid=BBDBDBHBS001901&1328394225) indicates that the process may differ, depending on the type of account.

"If you have a Barclays credit card username, you can continue using your existing credentials to log in to your account(s). If you only have a Barclays savings or CD account, you will need to create new log in credentials, unless your existing username is not already in use."

FWIW, I still can't access my Barclays savings online; it's still telling me that it can't find my account, and it's still telling me to call 888-232-0776, which is the number for CC accounts, not online savings accounts. The phone number on your image is the one that the person at that Barclays CC support line gave me, and on which I was on hold for almost an hour, before hanging up. That lengthy wait suggests that I'm not the only one affected by their changes (especially when compared to ~1 min wait when I called the number on the web page, which turned out to be for CC support).

UPDATE: about a half hour after posting the above, I called Barclays online service line (again) - 888 710 8756. This time, there was a new voice announcement, something along the lines of: "If you are having trouble logging into your online savings or CD account, go to www.savewithbarclays.com". That announcement was not there earlier, confirming that they have a problem, and that they're aware of it. Went to that page, it took me to another page; entered account info, had to change my username & PW, but now I can access my Barclays account online. So, obviously, I tried to re-activate my link with Quicken. Didn't work. So I tried using a different provider (changed from "Barclays Online Banking - US" to "Barclays Bank Delaware", because the URL of the latter matched with their new direct login URL), but still no joy.

• DetroitRick
    DetroitRick Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 17

Sames as others, Quicken started returning a CC-503 error for me this morning for Barclays US. I have only a Savings account there, and have no idea if this issue is relevant for Barclays credit card customers. I don't believe, at this time, this is a Quicken issue. At least not yet.

Barclays has been announcing a forthcoming Web and Mobile App change for US customers. They stated that they would send an email when these changes went live. But they did not, and they went live today. With new logins.

When attempting to do a web signin, Barclays re-directs to a screen where you re-establish your credentials, changing both user name and password. While I was able to do so, I am getting subsequent error messages. So I can sign in successfully (using savewithbarclays.com) with new credentials, but each time I do so, I have to again type SS# and birthdate each time, then use new signin and password - a big glitch on their side). It also gives me an error message to "call in" and verify my account info. So I did. What a joy. 20 minutes on hold and a Barclays csr confirming that they are experiencing glitches with the transition, etc. And to ignore that error message. But I presume the same transition, and error sequences, could easily muck up any existing EWC Quicken connection today.

My plan is to sit on this until next week, when Barclays fixes their transitional glitches, and then try to reestablish a Quicken connection. Until then, at least I can eventually sign in manually via web (and presumably app). Actually today's phone experience with Barclays was so bad that, before I work on getting Quicken communicating with Barclays again, I have to first reevaluate leaving Barclays anyway. I'm giving Quicken a pass on this one.

• GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

After setting up new credentials as required, the sign-on URL I ended up with in my case (savings only) is https://cards.barclaycardus.com. . After logging in, the website looks completely new but after clicking on my only account for details, the entire experience reverts back to the old website. A messy rollout and work in progress, I guess. I'm not having to repeatedly provide a SS number and birthdate to log onto the website, at least. Like you, I'm not even going to bother trying to fix my Quicken connection until next week, unless someone provides good news in this thread.

• malloc
    malloc Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

I have both a barclays credit card and savings account, and for each previous website had a different username and password. To login via the browser or barclays mobile app now I only use the credit card site and login credentials.

With my Quicken (for Mac) like everyone else my credit card account is still updating correctly, but the savings account connection is failing with errors: CC-503 & INVALID_CREDENTIALS (FDP-103).

I tried to refresh the Barclays card connection to see if the savings account would show up, it did not.

I tried to use my credit card login credentials with the savings account connection to see if it would somehow work, it did not.

• cowguy
    cowguy Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Also getting CC-503 on Barclay Savings and OSU. . Oftentimes when a FI changes their stuff, you need to reauthorize access thru Quicken or other 3rd party apps. There is no such dialogue available that I could see. Also waiting until next week to see if the Pro's from Dover can fix it. I reported to Quicken.

• glenn
    glenn Member ✭✭✭

I too can't access the new website for Barclay. I have a slightly different scenario. I had and online savings account with Barclay online savings. They notified me that they will be consolidating all accounts to the primary Barclay account at some point and that happened today. I tried to login to the online savings site and it went to the Barclay primary site. It also indicated I used an invalid userid and password. Not what I expected. After a few attempts I found out that I must have had an account with Barclay primary site at some point with a different userid. Using this new ID and a new reset password I got access to my data that use to on the online savings account website.

Now I wanted to create a new savings account on Barclay and did so successfully. However when I try to register this account in Q I get a cc-511 error. I think the error is really caused by Barclay, Any thoughts?

I plan to just wait a few days and try again.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod
    edited October 21

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-11259)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jbowler
    jbowler Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I can reproduce this consistently several ways. My wife has a couple of credit cards from Barclays and I can download those accounts; this hasn't changed, however both of us are no longer able to use our Barclays savings logins. Yes, they sent a message saying they were changing the login and spouting praise about their new system but those messages also said they would send another about how to deal with the change. The second messages did not ever arrive.

After some experiment we determined that my wife could still access the savings a/c but with her CC login (the "American Express" one, or something like that - they have a banner at the top of their web pages). I was able to set up a "new" login for the savings account but that didn't help. I tried swapping to my wife's login for the savings a/c downloads and that didn't work. I tried using my "new" login and that didn't work.

The quick solution is to use the online login to transfer the savings account to some other bank but I don't want to do that because Barclays rates have been consistently better than those from US banks, generally comparable recently with the short-term TBill rates (which are higher than the long term rates.)

Barclays have fixed a lot of stuff recently with their savings accounts; we swapped to using the savings account to settle CC balances (so we get up to 25 days of interest on our balances) but with this change I'm starting to lose confidence in Barclays again. Quicken… well I lost confidence years ago but they have a monopoly.

• malloc
    malloc Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

Reported the issue and sent over the logs. 🤞🤞🤞

• glenn
    glenn Member ✭✭✭

I too reported the issue and sent the logs

• ST
    ST Member ✭✭✭

What a cluster flower!! I guess until they get this mess sorted I will just have to do manual updates to quicken for Barclay Savings accounts. At least the mobile app seems to work for presenting the balances and transactions and you can schedule transfers,etc…

Why force savings account only customers go through the credit card web site anyway. Marketing credit cards??

Might be time to take a look at higher rates of return through CITBank?

This is not a funny situation when dealing with customers $avings accounts!!

I contacted Quicken support and they did not have a clue as to what is going on with this issue. They did give me a case number of 11339347, for what good that will do. Can you say finger pointing?

Anyway, not much to do other than wait and see when/if this gets resolved.

Meanwhile, who is going to play in the World Series (Yankees/Dodgers) and who will win (Dodgers)?

• AlexisoftheShire
    AlexisoftheShire Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

Just checked my Barclays credit card account at cards.barclayscardsus.com . Logged in just fine. I ran a Quicken update on the account and it worked just fine too. FYI.

• orionoflsl
    orionoflsl Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Can the Quicken team send out a general notice to Quicken users when Barclays has updated their connection to their Online savings account website? The projected wait time to get help at Barclays is approaching an hour.
    I have both a credit card and savings account at Barclays. I can see both accounts on the Barclays new login page, but deactivating/reactivating the savings account in Quicken and selecting the new Barclays login page only presents the credit card account.
    Thanks

• meglmt
    meglmt Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Same problem. I called Barclay's three times (on hold the first time for 45 minutes) the woman on the phone a) didn't know what Quicken is - said I can only use the APP, so after I got through that (and some testiness from her) she put me on hold and directed me to download the txs with a csv, etc. When I explained that Quicken should connect and download - her answer was " well this is the only way to do it" "I am trying to help you" I hung up in frustration. I called Quicken (super nice support people) who did some troubleshooting, but in the end said I need to wait 48 hours. I called Barclay's AGAIN and got a somewhat knowledgeable person who checked to see if my account was locked (it is not) and suggested trying the other bank listings as now the savings account is through their card site. I have changed my password etc. for their new system , but Quicken doesn't connect with any of their listings for Barclays. I too am getting sick of them for many reasons.. My mother is 94 and uses her iPhone (amazingly) to access her banking etc. She can never get into the account, for one problem or another and it is just so frustrating to deal with them. there are so many other high interest accounts, i am tempted to move my money. Ok, I will stop venting. The bottom line is that I will wait for 48 hours - and see if letting both companies know there is an issue will resolve this.

• r0b0182
    r0b0182 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

If anyone leaves Barclays, please post what online savings bank you choose and why. Thanks!

• DetroitRick

Pretty sure I will pull that plug tomorrow (migrating gradually until year-end). Leaning towards Amex, because I have confidence in their customer service quality/accessibility, website and Quicken compatibility. Based on my experiences from the credit card side. Not the highest rate, but good enough for my needs. Every company has occasional issues, but my concern stems more from the extreme low quality of my Barclays phone interactionm, inordinate phone wait times, and certain continuing less-critical website issues.

• Philip107

I'm using 3 online savings accounts; Barclays, Discover, CapitalOne. I've been using Discover the longest and will probably move Barclays to them. Discover has been:

• reliable,
    • easy to start and stop CDs,
    • easy to use and maintain scheduled transfers to my Wells Fargo accounts.
    • joint ownership
    • beneficiaries
    • account alerts
    • Zelle
    • Configurable User ID, doesn't have to be email, and it's changeable

I have CapitalOne because I like their Virtual VISA cards for online purchases and just expanded to a savings account from some promotion they had.

• jbowler
    jbowler Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

The attraction of Barclays is that the Savings Account rate. Over the period of time I've had a savings account, since February 6, 2013, I've had it because it offered rates that were comparable or better than the short-medium term CD rates without the tie-in. This applies to Barclays CD rates too! Initially the account was limited to 6 transfers/month (IRC) but recently the customer service deny all knowledge of this and we have been able to pay credit card bills automatically from the savings account (so we get 25 days interest on the payment).

Recently, approximately since start-of-COVID, the short term TBill rates have been more attractive as well as being tax-advantaged (no state tax) but short term bills or CDs are so much more effort to manage.

This makes the alternatives difficult to find; we've used online banking accounts with apparently favourable rates only to find that they rapidly become unfavourable and, to make it worse, the customer support and Quicken support really is terrible.

Barclays isn't very good at the online stuff but they were not totally awful until Friday. Maybe they can pick the ball up again and totter around with it like before Friday. Maybe their rates are no longer competitive. At present they've done more harm to their business in the last few days than all the good they did in the last few years.

Quicken, however, needs to offer real-time support for issues like these. Pundits (I assume employees, but the way customer support is done these dways who knows) offering no information or information that was already been disproved and a program that suggests things will be fixed in a few hours when it's already been a few days reek of the monopoly.

Time for Quicken to offer a real-time pane on the app which shows the current state of the online financial institution connections and have several employees updating that the instant they know something is broken. Online backup? Seriously?

• amex had very similar issues when they merged their HYSA website with their CC website recently - unlike Barclays, they slow rolled theirs - offering visibility to HYSA from the CC login for quite some time before disabling the banking login completely. and it still wasn't what i'd call seamless for this quicken user when they finally pulled the plug. I'm sure it is no small task to retire & merge the websites - especially with the exacting nature of banking requirements - and I also get the feeling that Quicken does not have a large enough customer footprint that our issues - as frustrating as they are - are top priority - they seem to get to them eventually. I personally am going to show Barclays some grace - I'd rather they be thoughtful about the process and disable things that are broken than what we saw with citibank last month. Or worse they could be wells fargo & charge monthly for the "privilege" of a quicken connection (you'd think it's in the banks' interest to have customers with eyes on their accounts catching fraud early but WF apparently just sees it as another opportunity to collect fees) - anyway, fingers crossed that Barclays gets this sorted and thank you to the users who have had the patience to (try to) report the issue to their call center! 🤞

• GermanBlueRam

In addition to Barclays - which we use as an emergency fund - we have HYSA accounts at American Express and Capital One. No real problems with either, although there were some temporary issues for Amex during its recent site overhauls. I would not consider a HYSA that doesn't offer Quicken connectivity. I also manage my mother's financial affairs on Quicken, and her Discover HYSA and credit accounts work fine (at least now, after a lot of problems on Quicken for users who had both - lengthy threads on these).

I probably should consolidate, but I'll probably keep Barclays, assuming the Quicken issue gets resolved fairly soon. I like having alternative sources of money when those rare internet outages occur for one institution or another. I only have interest, and maybe one or two deposits and withdrawals a month at Barclays.

I agree with the comment above - Quicken users are probably a very small percentage of the customer base for these institutions.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket# 11342593/CTP-11259)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• meglmt
    meglmt Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Detroit- i have Amex, cap one and barclays. Amex high yield savings does not download to quicken - the credit card does - maybe with some new update that i just learned about it will work but i went through the same rigamarole with Amex. My upset is that many of these banks are clueless about quicken which i find astonishing - anyhow I would stick with Capital One and may very well move all my $ there. I also found a local credit union that has an even higher rate - waiting to see how that works with trnasfers etc. Barclays is losing my faith by the minute….

• GermanBlueRam

Wells Fargo stopped charging a fee for Quicken a few years ago, at least in my case. But it's obviously not a place for savings, with its low rates.

• DetroitRick

All this discussion in the past week over Barclays, coupled with my reading of the many recent discussion threads regarding bank connectivity with Quicken by many Amex HYSA users, has made me pause for now. Lots of conflicting info on whether Amex Savings will or won't download into Quicken, and even a comment about another forthcoming connectivity change. Some find it working, others don't. Seems like Discover or Capital One might be good HYSA alternatives, with stable Quicken connectivity, but with their pending merger I'm cynical enough to expect some temporary problems there too next year. Up until now, online savings and Quicken was something I didn't need to spend thought or time on. Good input on this thread, in any case.