Quicken for Mac 2016 Release 3.5.2 Discussion

Quicken Marcus
Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
Lets use this post to provide comments on the new 3.5.2 release.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    When will it be out? Will it let us set the prior balance in the window to agree with our calculated balance for Reconciling? That's the dilemma for me. My balance was always perfect til 3.51 which created a balance I couldn't change
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Just updated to 3.5.2 and had to rebuild all the parameter for my accounts.  Some I had hidden and wasn't using.  What a pain! 
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Just downloaded. I had hoped it would fix a problem where one of my Chase accounts will not download, but there is no change. Account Status still shows the account as never having completed a download even after going through the set up that works for several other checking, savings and credit card accounts at Chase.

Disappointed because I previously wasted 2 hours with tech support (waiting forever and then talking with screen share). I have tried both phone and chat support and both have involved hour waits. I did get some issues fixed, but not this one. The last tech was worthless. Had me going around in circles and then cut me off without notice when they reached their 5 pm (Pacific Time) ending time. Had the nerve to mark the issue "solved"!!!
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited December 2016

When will it be out? Will it let us set the prior balance in the window to agree with our calculated balance for Reconciling? That's the dilemma for me. My balance was always perfect til 3.51 which created a balance I couldn't change

Bob, we still haven't found a case where these is an actual bug in reconcile.  Every case that we've personally worked with a customer on we've found that reconcile is working as designed and is simply uncovering mistakes in reconciled transactions that the old reconcile couldn't find.  This is why we changed the behavior so it can uncover reconcile issues.  There's going to be a transition period where people have to clean up their accounts to get things in shape.  I'll contact you directly and will work with you to see if we can figure out the issue.  It could be a bug but we haven't found a case of this yet.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited December 2016
    Mark S said:

Just updated to 3.5.2 and had to rebuild all the parameter for my accounts.  Some I had hidden and wasn't using.  What a pain! 

Mark, we've heard of another case of this happening so you're not alone.  We fixed an issue where hidden accounts became unhidden every time one tried to do an update all.  Did you see this issue in the previous release?  Also was there anything special with the hidden accounts that became visible again.  Did all of your hidden accounts appear again or just some.  Anything special about the one's the appeared.  The more information you can provide the easier it would be to help us figure out the solution.  Again, most of the times these types of issues occur for only a small number of people and is because of a unique setup or situation on their computer that we just can't simulate and miss when testing the product so the more information you can provide the easier it would be for us to fix and put in our test cases in the future.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited December 2016
    RCinNJ said:

Just downloaded. I had hoped it would fix a problem where one of my Chase accounts will not download, but there is no change. Account Status still shows the account as never having completed a download even after going through the set up that works for several other checking, savings and credit card accounts at Chase.

Disappointed because I previously wasted 2 hours with tech support (waiting forever and then talking with screen share). I have tried both phone and chat support and both have involved hour waits. I did get some issues fixed, but not this one. The last tech was worthless. Had me going around in circles and then cut me off without notice when they reached their 5 pm (Pacific Time) ending time. Had the nerve to mark the issue "solved"!!!

Specific account issues are typically not related to the app so you shouldn't expect updates to fix these issues.  Since there are over 14,000 banks we work with and every bank does something different, issues typically occur because a bank has changed something.  For example, Wells Fargo just changed their web site and this broke all Wells Fargo accounts for the past week or so.  Another common issue is that for some reason a series of events has led to the account being disconnected or blocked.  For example if you you've set up a service like Quicken or Mint and changed your password and you've changed it in one but not the other your account could become locked because of it.  

In your case it sounds like Chase is working for all your accounts except for one.  I also have Chase.  Have you made sure you OK'd the Chase message they send you periodically to make sure you are OK with Quicken downloading your data? What's the error message you're getting?  This will tell us what the issue is.  I'll contact you directly.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    RCinNJ said:

Marcus, I see your email. I will give you details. Thank you!
  • JOHN M MALONEY
    JOHN M MALONEY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Mark S said:

i had the same problem.  Hidden accounts reappeared.  Had to delete them.  I hope when i do an update , they don't reappear again. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    RCinNJ said:

Occasionally when I go into Bill Reminder and then try to change the account being viewed it starts trying to do it.  Then is just stops working and I have to force it closed to all anything to be done.
  • JOHN M MALONEY
    JOHN M MALONEY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    what is really the purpose of the graph in Bill Reminders.  It takes up so much space.  At lease give customers the option if they want it or not.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

what is really the purpose of the graph in Bill Reminders.  It takes up so much space.  At lease give customers the option if they want it or not.

Isn't it to show your future balance based on your current planned bills and estimated bills coming up?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2017
    Occasionally when I go into Bill Reminder and then try to change the account being viewed it starts trying to do it.  Then is just stops working and I have to force it closed to all anything to be done.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    After updating to this new production release, my myriad hidden accounts have reappeared in the sidebar.  First time this has happened to me on an update.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Mark S said:

OMG!! I just updated now it is making hidden accounts reappear!!! Now EVERY account I have ever had is in my list and very very visible!!!  This is new!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

After updating to this new production release, my myriad hidden accounts have reappeared in the sidebar.  First time this has happened to me on an update.

Same thing happened to me.  The accounts which appear in the sidebar bear no resemblence to the accounts on the Show and hide list in the Accounts menu.  I've got accounts I haven't used in years showing and accounts I use daily that won't show.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

Actually, for some accounts, it is acting exactly opposite of how it should.  If an account is checked on list and report it disappears from the sidebar; if it is checked then unchecked, it appears in the sidebar,
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Mark S said:

I had the same problem with Hidden Accounts showing up after a download. Wow, what a mess...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Mark S said:

Me too.  All Hidden Accounts are showing up.  But that's not the worst part of it.  It is stuck in download world:  "Checking for new accounts.  Please wait...."
    Been going on for hours...
  • frankperras
    frankperras Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Mark S said:

Experienced hidden accounts reappearing also.  I have been using Quicken (PC and MAC) a long time.  Over a hundred accounts to plough through.  Assume no quick fix.  Just need categorize individually.

Affected Cash & Credit, Assets & Loans, but not Investment accounts
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

In my case, the online balance reported by Quicken isn't what Chase is reporting when I log onto the website. I cannot reconcile any of my accounts because they never match. The odd thing is, the number reported by Quicken doesn't match any number the website is reporting; the Present Balance nor the Available Balance match. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Mark S said:

Same issue. After installing this new release all of my previously hidden accounts were no longer hidden. Fortunately, I only have a couple dozen so I just went back in and changed their status to hidden, again. An unexpected and bothersome irritant but something I was able to fix. Obviously something sloppy in the update coding.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

I was able to perform the following workaround:  right click on the unwanted accounts in the sidebar.  At the bottom are two check boxes to remove from lists and reports.  Check the lists box and the unwanted account disappears from the sidebar.  For wanted accounts that are not appearing in the sidebar, go to the Account menu, Show and Hide Accounts and uncheck them, they will now appear in the sidebar.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Oh, what have they done?  Many of my earlier transactions are now shown as not posted. Most of them had already cleared the bank.  On other accounts I've lost significant data.  This is the way it opened after the update, and the restore from backup opened the same way.  I'm screwed.  I've lost a significant amount of data. 

In fairness, my Mac crashed when I woke it up, and Quicken was open. I allowed Quicken to update after I restarted, then tried to locate my latest file. The one that I opened has some future transactions in it, so I know I didn't open an old file. Because of the crash, I can't tie anything to the update. I'm screwed either way. Anybody else had this kind of disaster?  For what it's worth, a hidden account came back, but that seems minor. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 3.5.2 is buggy!.

3.5.2 is buggy! Updating transactions now takes forever, and is ultimately unsuccessful, and then I'm told to reset my Cloud Data. Any advice, quicken?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Just installed 3.5.2 update and now accounts that have been hidden for past 10 years are now visible. What a mess! The release notes mentioned something about fixing a bug in this area, but you've clearly created a mess for me, and probably others. My only option now is to manually go through dozens of old accounts and re-hide them.

I've been a Quicken user since 1992. Deeply regretting switching from the Windows to the 2016 Mac version this past year...it's been horrible, now it's too late to go back. Please get your act together Inuit! Are you even testing these patches?
  • Richard Riley
    Richard Riley Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 3.5.2 bill pay issue.

3.5.2 has the same problem I had with bill pay and SunTrust from 3.5.1. Always had bill pay before that update. Now the icon is gone totally to set up bill pay. Was red after .1 update. Now no way to set it up. Thoughts?
  • Val Anne Beth Welch
    Val Anne Beth Welch Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Since downloading the latest update for Quicken 2016 for Mac (3.5.2), I cannot do....

New transactions from my Chase account will not download since the latest update to 3.5.2, Quicken 2016 for Mac. I have restarted Quicken, restarted my computer, deactivated downloads and reactivated, restarted my computer again.....nothing works. Note, this seems to happen EVERY time there is an update. I HATE THIS.
  • Val Anne Beth Welch
    Val Anne Beth Welch Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    RCinNJ said:

Since the update to 3.5.2, I can no longer update my Chase account either. This seems to happen after every update too. I have restarted Quicken, my computer, deactivated Chase downloads, then reactivated twice, and no dice. I cannot get it to work and I really don't want to sit through another tech chat where they walk me through everything I have done already. 
  • swalters
    swalters Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016

I am having issues reconciling as well.  I reconcile to my bank statement.  My starting balance is off and when I enter the correct amount, there is a discrepancy for the difference.  I am having this issue in multiple accounts.  

One of the accounts I had not reconciled for several months.  I was able to successfully reconcile the past months without issue except to the most current statement.  It appears that one transaction for $0.33 is causing the problem and the discrepancy is for $0.66.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Update to 3.5.2.

I just updated to the 3.5.2 build and once again I have to enter all the parameters I previously set in Quicken.  Why can’t the new releases be an “upgrade” instead of a new release?  Does anyone else have this problem or is there something I should be doing different when a new release comes out?
This discussion has been closed.