Quicken for Mac 2016 Release 3.5.2 Discussion

Options

Comments

• susanwerby
    susanwerby Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

Since updating my Mac Quicken to 3.5.2 I also have had hidden accounts of yesteryear reappear. I resolved that but the worst situation is not being able to access old transactions on some of my checking accounts any further back than July 2016. One is a business account and I shall not be able to have an end-of-the-year report to help me with my taxes.

Other accounts retained all the transactions from the very beginning of time. I tried downloading again and again to no avail. It makes no sense to me. HELP!!!

I just looked and see no filters but just realized that it is the two checking accounts from USAA that are both lacking any history of transactions further back than 7/08/2016.
    1st account: back to 7/15/2016 with 35 items
    2nd account: back to 7/8/2016 with 11 items

Is the old version still available to return to until all this is resolved?
  • susanwerby
    susanwerby Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

Since updating my Mac Quicken to 3.5.2 I also have had hidden accounts of yesteryear reappear. I resolved that but the worst situation is not being able to access old transactions on some of my checking accounts any further back than July 2016. One is a business account and I shall not be able to have an end-of-the-year report to help me with my taxes.

Other accounts retained all the transactions from the very beginning of time. I tried downloading again and again to no avail. It makes no sense to me. HELP!!!

Also, I have a Quicken Back-up from 8/03/2016 that precedes this new version's mess. Would I benefit by restoring the back-up from that date or will it make all of it worse?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Mark S said:

Just updated to 3.5.2 and had to rebuild all the parameter for my accounts.  Some I had hidden and wasn't using.  What a pain! 

trying to load quicken for mac keeps looking for an old quicken which I dont want to use it was in 2007.  My intuit name is not the same as the old one.PLEASE HELP
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Among all of these problems, some of which I initially had with 3.5.1 & 2, I am now up and running with full capability again. I'm a little wary of the new reconcile methods--I had made peace with the old one--but I'm not having the problems others are having. I did have to reconnect some of my accounts after 3.5.1 in order to get Direct Connect working again, but like many others I was missing the fact that the feature was hidden behind an innocuous OPTIONS button. That was the trick. However, after stumbling through reconnecting all of my direct accounts, I found that to of my accounts were activated for infra-bank transfers. It works! So maybe there's hope for others...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Just noticed a problem with the "Categories" report.  This may have been there all along, don't know.  The report under "cash out" is showing an amount called transfers with an amount but no detail.  Don't know where this number is coming from.  As a sub-account beneath it is an account called "transfers-other".  This has a different total and there are no other transfer accounts.  The detail under this sub-accounts appropriately totals to zero.  So, no idea where the total is coming from.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm having similar issues with my downloads since upgrading to 2016 3.5.2.  It unhid 1 of my accounts and tried connecting to another that has been closed for a while (American Express).  It also tells me it downloaded transactions from my bank (PNC), but they do not appear in the register. Same for Citi and other accounts - transactions are downloaded but not showing in register.

Is there a way to get these transactions to the register.  Is there a download file(s) somewhere that I can manually import?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    The page displaying my B of A account balance is suddenly approx. $5,000 short.  It was fine yesterday and today until I did an update this evening.  All recent transactions are correct. If I re-create my bank rec. of a few days ago it shows everything as fine because it is showing the account balance as it should be, not as it is displayed on the account page.

The problem seems to be with the page displaying the account transactions.  I am stymied.
  • Jeffrey Newman
    Jeffrey Newman Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    In addition to all the other lovely issues discovered/discussed so far......

While trying to get some sort of use while in 3.5.2, I have tried just updating the accounts that don't seem to download transactions back to the last millennium by selecting "Update Selected Online Account". However, Quicken still tries to update all, which of course I then have to stop. Sure would be nice to be to use this program again.

1. Will you PLEASE provide us 3.5.1 until you get this thing fixed? Followed by...
    2. Will you PLEASE get this thing fixed??!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    drberezin said:

I'm having similar issues with my downloads since upgrading to 2016 3.5.2.  It unhid 1 of my accounts and tried connecting to another that has been closed for a while (American Express).  It also tells me it downloaded transactions from my bank (PNC), but they do not appear in the register. Same for Citi and other accounts - transactions are downloaded but not showing in register.

Is there a way to get these transactions to the register.  Is there a download file(s) somewhere that I can manually import?

I also just got the message about updating the cloud information.  I let it update and my transactions all got added to my register.  Looks like that fixed my issue.  I have backups from before and after these issues to be safe.  Keeping fingers crossed it holds.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

When will it be out? Will it let us set the prior balance in the window to agree with our calculated balance for Reconciling? That's the dilemma for me. My balance was always perfect til 3.51 which created a balance I couldn't change

Rick,

I don't follow you here. Marcus wrote that he suspected the "main culprit" involved downloading . I am pointing out that problems with reconciliation occur without anything being downloaded.

It's possible that there is more than one problem here, but troubleshooting the simplest case first is how learned to deal with complex problems.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I am EXTREMELY frustrated since the 3.5.2 update for Quicken 2016. While reconciling my BOA checking account kept being an issue unlike ever before, it is the downloading of duplicate transactions going back several months for all accounts (checking, savings, CCs) regardless of Direct or Quicken Connect connections that is the most irritating. I have spent hours trying to fix this myself and with tech support to no avail. Last night after a 2 hour chat session the agent considered my case resolved. Her resolution? Manually delete all the duplicate transactions. Really?! That'd be great if she was willing to take the hours it will take to do so and ensure that every account is reconciled and that the error won't keep occurring. This is obviously correlated to the update since the error only started happening after the update and the fact it is impacting all accounts. 

If you go to Help>Show Logs in Finder, you can view the information in the logs to see what information is there.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2016
    Options

When will it be out? Will it let us set the prior balance in the window to agree with our calculated balance for Reconciling? That's the dilemma for me. My balance was always perfect til 3.51 which created a balance I couldn't change

After re-reading Marcus' post, I see what you're saying. But not sure if what he is saying could also be occurring in a non-download register.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

That would be good to find out, wouldn't it? I don't know if Quicken has explored file without downloads.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 3.5.2 check writing problem?.

I just tried to set up a recurring check payment and the check format doesn't allow me to enter an address. I assume this is 3.5.2 related.The Address line is not clickable. When I save and then reopen with Edit I get the message "Unprintable transaction. Downloaded transactions cannot be printed". I went to the Online Payment tab and online payments is not checked. I tried checking and unchecking but that didn't fix it.

I don't print many checks, but the last checks I created using 3.5.1 all formatted as expected. When I open a check entered before 3.5.2 but printed with 3.52 the address is still there (It is possible that I marked it as paid before updating). However, future instances of this same check do not have an address and also have the message "Unprintable transaction. Downloaded transactions cannot be printed".

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Investment account Transactions (Charles Schwab) not downloading, but quotes stil....

Quicken 2016 for Mac Version 3.5.2 (Build 35.13202.100).  The Charles Schwab investment portfolio quotes will update in Quicken, but the transactions do not update since June 27, 2016.
     I did create a new quicken file with only one account -Charles Schwab. All transactions since 2014 to-date downloaded.  I tried creating a second Schwab account with a different name in my actual Quicken file and it creates the same error.  I have communicated with Schwab tech people and they cannot come up with a reason.  The odd thing to them is that Quicken is reaching my account.  After two attempts it locks up my Schwab account and I have to go on line and get a new password.  I was on the phone with them trying all variations of things for about two hours.  They asked me to contact Quicken.  I did a chat with Cyrus
    Hi Rick,

Here's the transcript as you requested.

Regards,
    Cyrus
    Quicken Customer Care

ref:_00DE0a8TL._500d0theyP:ref

You can look up what we did which was not helpful. 

The new file, Schwab account test was done after I contacted Quicken.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    RCinNJ said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 3.5.2 check writing problem?.

I just tried to set up a recurring check payment and the check format doesn't allow me to enter an address. I assume this is 3.5.2 related.The Address line is not clickable. When I save and then reopen with Edit I get the message "Unprintable transaction. Downloaded transactions cannot be printed". I went to the Online Payment tab and online payments is not checked. I tried checking and unchecking but that didn't fix it.

I don't print many checks, but the last checks I created using 3.5.1 all formatted as expected. When I open a check entered before 3.5.2 but printed with 3.52 the address is still there (It is possible that I marked it as paid before updating). However, future instances of this same check do not have an address and also have the message "Unprintable transaction. Downloaded transactions cannot be printed".

I also found that I could not set up a check to print monthly (with the same "Downloaded transactions cannot be printed" error. This happened a while ago and does not seem to be related to 3.5.2. Since I have only one check (rent) that is the same amount every month, I just decided to do it manually each month. I see this as an inconvenience as opposed to the major reconciliation problems that have me looking at Quicken alternatives.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

The page displaying my B of A account balance is suddenly approx. $5,000 short.  It was fine yesterday and today until I did an update this evening.  All recent transactions are correct. If I re-create my bank rec. of a few days ago it shows everything as fine because it is showing the account balance as it should be, not as it is displayed on the account page.

The problem seems to be with the page displaying the account transactions.  I am stymied.

An update, I went back through all my banking transactions and found some duplications, which, once I deleted manually, brought the balance into balance.  This is the first time since early days of QuickenMac that I have had duplication problems.  This and the issue of hidden accounts reappearing are my only two issues at this point, but they are disappointing and I have contacted several people to whom I had recommended this program and told them they had better hold off on any purchase.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RCinNJ said:

It is a relatively minor inconvenience, but it seems like it may be connected to the weird behavior with downloaded transactions that affect reconciliation. I only write a few checks/month, but it seems like something that shouldn't be that hard for the development team to track down, and maybe it would reveal the source of other problems.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled QM16 v 3.5.2 Reconcile Issues.

Having issues with updated reconciliation process.  When balancing against statement, in new reconcile window Quicken is properly listing cleared items and shows proper balance, but when pressing "finish" items that where uncleared but within the statement date are now "reconciled" and throughs new reconciled balance off.  Happened on both checking accounts and charge card accounts.  Needed to go back to version prior to 3.5.1 update

I've searched through all the comments and can't find a similar problem: my "Today's Balance" is correct, but the "Online Balance" in incorrect (by quite a bit). If I login to the bank, it literally agrees with "Today's Balance". There seems no way to get the right "Online Balance" to show
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Last comment on what makes this weird: If I open a new file and set up only this bank account, it uploads (using 3.5.2) without the duplication.  
  • susanwerby
    susanwerby Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled QM16 v 3.5.2 Reconcile Issues.

Having issues with updated reconciliation process.  When balancing against statement, in new reconcile window Quicken is properly listing cleared items and shows proper balance, but when pressing "finish" items that where uncleared but within the statement date are now "reconciled" and throughs new reconciled balance off.  Happened on both checking accounts and charge card accounts.  Needed to go back to version prior to 3.5.1 update

I saw the same situation on my Quicken but am ignoring it, at this point. I have bigger problems with previous  transactions not downloading. But this balance situation is an obvious blip to add to the growing list on this new version of Quicken.
  • susanwerby
    susanwerby Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

I saw the same situation on my Quicken but am ignoring it, at this point. I have bigger problems with previous  transactions not downloading. But this balance situation is an obvious blip to add to the growing list on this new version of Quicken.
  • Tom11
    Tom11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

My online balance was off on direct connect accounts at cu for me and wife. It would correct when updating selected account. Off with all accounts

Recently a suggestion to turnoff mobile has worked to give correct online balance when updating all.

Mobile app was contaminating online balance

Of the desktop app

So I just use a visa Costco and manual Ira account on mobile until there is a fix with mobile

Also quicken support, I wonder if having my wife's name as second on my account and me on hers created problems
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Mark S said:

Just updated to 3.5.2 and had to rebuild all the parameter for my accounts.  Some I had hidden and wasn't using.  What a pain! 

Same thing here. This update is not good.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I tried to reconcile my checking out, since the new release. What a mess! I am missing a big chunk of transactions and transactions from 2011 appeared as not being reconciled. I think this may be the last straw with Quicken. Can I revert back to the previous version?
  • susanwerby
    susanwerby Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

I tried to reconcile my checking out, since the new release. What a mess! I am missing a big chunk of transactions and transactions from 2011 appeared as not being reconciled. I think this may be the last straw with Quicken. Can I revert back to the previous version?

I agree with Tom and wish to revert back to the previous version. I have the same issues...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I backed up my full file. I reconciled all of my accounts using the reconcile to the online balance option. I had to delete some duplicates but not many since I had reconciled. I then went in and deleted all of the old closed accounts except the ones that still had links or transactions to my current files like credit card payments. I backed it up again just to be safe. My balances were all correct and all of the old accounts that i still had left still showed up in the left hand column. Here is what I think is the biggest thing I did and that is I turned off the MOBILE feature and made sure all of the old accounts were no longer on the list. You can see that list in the Preferences section under Mobile.  I do think the bug is in that feature and is causing conflicts. Because even when the accounts were not selected they still reappeared until I did the above and deleted them.Once these steps were complete I did nothing for 24 hours to make sure everything downloaded and it worked. There were no duplicate accounts or transactions and I was able to download. I also reactivated all of my downloads just to make sure. After two days I hid the accounts I didn't want to see and so far they are staying hidden. It seems to be working and I do think it took turning off the MOBILE feature to do it! I know this is long but so far (knock wood) I am back up and running just fine.

Quicken please investigate the link to MOBILE and see if there is a connection and issue a bug fix ASAP.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I've seen a few comments from individuals having issues with the new reconcile feature in the 3.5.2 update - which at the moment is the problem I am having. In attempting to reconcile my checking account, I chose the option to manually enter the data from the paper statement - i.e., the previous statement end balance, the current statement end date and end balance. After clicking Next, Quicken automatically compares the manually entered balance to an "Online Balance" based on the entered statement end date. The Quicken derived online balance, however, is $200 off. To verify, I went to my account online. The paper statement balance matches the bank's online balance for that date. I am very hesitant to have Quicken adjust the end balance without knowing what caused the discrepancy to begin with.

All of my previous reconcile efforts in Quicken have balanced without fail. Why couldn't Quicken just leave well enough alone? I am not a fan of the new reconcile feature. It is not so much more accurate, as it is more of a pain in the ****. They've taken all the ease out of reconciling an account and have made it a frustrating, time consuming chore.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RCinNJ said:

I found a work around that I want to share. Since Harry says he had this problem pre 3.5.2 this should probably not be in this thread. 

I found a post from 2 years ago. It is for QM 2015, so this is a problem that the developers should be able to find a permanent fix for. https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/where-is-payee-address-list-in-quicken-for-mac-2... With this solution "If you've already entered a check directly in the register (esp. by putting "PRINT" in the "Check #" field), then to change the address for the payee, select the entry, then choose Transaction > Show Checks (Option-Cmd-C) to view the "check" with the address. Here you can change the address or select the "Other Addresses" button where you can choose another address or make the new one the default address for this payee."

I did this and sure enough my check came up. The "I will print this check" button was already checked, and I was able to enter an address here. (Note that before there was no "I will print this check" button.)

When I go back and click Edit on the transaction I no longer get the "Unprintable Transaction" message and the address is still there and the check box is there for "I will print this check".

This is just a work around not a fix. I just opened a recurring check that had somehow been changed to a "downloaded transaction". In order to enter an address I have to mark it as paid before I can use Transaction>Show Checks. It is marked as no longer had the address line that had been there for months and has the "Unprintable Transaction" message, but I was able to bring it back by clicking "Other Addresses" where it appears.
  • Tom11
    Tom11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

I've seen a few comments from individuals having issues with the new reconcile feature in the 3.5.2 update - which at the moment is the problem I am having. In attempting to reconcile my checking account, I chose the option to manually enter the data from the paper statement - i.e., the previous statement end balance, the current statement end date and end balance. After clicking Next, Quicken automatically compares the manually entered balance to an "Online Balance" based on the entered statement end date. The Quicken derived online balance, however, is $200 off. To verify, I went to my account online. The paper statement balance matches the bank's online balance for that date. I am very hesitant to have Quicken adjust the end balance without knowing what caused the discrepancy to begin with.

All of my previous reconcile efforts in Quicken have balanced without fail. Why couldn't Quicken just leave well enough alone? I am not a fan of the new reconcile feature. It is not so much more accurate, as it is more of a pain in the ****. They've taken all the ease out of reconciling an account and have made it a frustrating, time consuming chore.

If you have the printouts from the previous months statements go back and see if the beginning and ending balance of those statements match what's in Quicken desktop. It is possible that Quicken has downloaded a duplicate or two or three which may be causing your problem
This discussion has been closed.