Quicken for Mac 2016 Release 3.5.2 Discussion

Options

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Dave said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Update to 3.5.2.

I just updated to the 3.5.2 build and once again I have to enter all the parameters I previously set in Quicken.  Why can’t the new releases be an “upgrade” instead of a new release?  Does anyone else have this problem or is there something I should be doing different when a new release comes out?

Please tell us the type of Chase account, the type of connection (direct connect, quicken connect, etc) and the exact financial institution name used in the download setup.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RickO
    edited December 2016
    Options

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Since downloading the latest update for Quicken 2016 for Mac (3.5.2), I cannot do....

New transactions from my Chase account will not download since the latest update to 3.5.2, Quicken 2016 for Mac. I have restarted Quicken, restarted my computer, deactivated downloads and reactivated, restarted my computer again.....nothing works. Note, this seems to happen EVERY time there is an update. I HATE THIS.

Please tell us the type of Chase account, the type of connection (direct connect, quicken connect, etc) and the exact financial institution name used in the download setup.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Just installed 3.5.2 update and now accounts that have been hidden for past 10 years are now visible. What a mess! The release notes mentioned something about fixing a bug in this area, but you've clearly created a mess for me, and probably others. My only option now is to manually go through dozens of old accounts and re-hide them.

I've been a Quicken user since 1992. Deeply regretting switching from the Windows to the 2016 Mac version this past year...it's been horrible, now it's too late to go back. Please get your act together Inuit! Are you even testing these patches?

Tim: two quick things to note. (1) Quicken is no longer owned by Intuit; it separated into its own company earlier this year. (2) Most of the new releases of Quicken software are beta tested, by regular users like you and me -- but not all of them; some are bug fixes that the company deems unlikely to require beta testing or urgent enough to bypass the time a testing cycle can add. (As I do participate in beta testing, I'm not allowed to discuss any specifics about what was or wasn't tested; I just wanted to convey that there definitely is active beta testing which Quicken does, but not all releases go through that process.)

Sometimes after version goes through beta testing, and as they start releasing it to a wider population, new problems are discovered that didn't surface during beta testing. It's fairly complex software, with people who sometimes have 20 or 30 years of data, and that works with 14,000 banks and financial institutions that are constantly changing websites and login procedures, so it's bot too surprising that exposing the software to a larger group of users may reveal an issue that didn't come up in testing with the smaller group of users. That's why Quicken now does staged releases of each new version, releasing to perhaps 1,000 users at a time for a day or two or three, in case any major problems immediately surface that would cause them to halt the release and go back to make an additional bug fix. I'm not sure why this problem with hidden accounts becoming unhidden is one that didn't get caught even by that process; perhaps it just wasn't reported by many people in the first day or two it was trickled out to the initial group of updaters.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Just installed 3.5.2 update and now accounts that have been hidden for past 10 years are now visible. What a mess! The release notes mentioned something about fixing a bug in this area, but you've clearly created a mess for me, and probably others. My only option now is to manually go through dozens of old accounts and re-hide them.

I've been a Quicken user since 1992. Deeply regretting switching from the Windows to the 2016 Mac version this past year...it's been horrible, now it's too late to go back. Please get your act together Inuit! Are you even testing these patches?

Tim: two quick things to note. (1) Quicken is no longer owned by Intuit; it separated into its own company earlier this year. (2) Most of the new releases of Quicken software are beta tested, by regular users like you and me -- but not all of them; some are bug fixes that the company deems unlikely to require beta testing or urgent enough to bypass the time a testing cycle can add. (As I do participate in beta testing, I'm not allowed to discuss any specifics about what was or wasn't tested; I just wanted to convey that there definitely is active beta testing which Quicken does, but not all releases go through that process.)

Sometimes after version goes through beta testing, and as they start releasing it to a wider population, new problems are discovered that didn't surface during beta testing. It's fairly complex software, with people who sometimes have 20 or 30 years of data, and that works with 14,000 banks and financial institutions that are constantly changing websites and login procedures, so it's bot too surprising that exposing the software to a larger group of users may reveal an issue that didn't come up in testing with the smaller group of users. That's why Quicken now does staged releases of each new version, releasing to perhaps 1,000 users at a time for a day or two or three, in case any major problems immediately surface that would cause them to halt the release and go back to make an additional bug fix. I'm not sure why this problem with hidden accounts becoming unhidden is one that didn't get caught even by that process; perhaps it just wasn't reported by many people in the first day or two it was trickled out to the initial group of updaters.
  • Val Anne Beth Welch
    Val Anne Beth Welch Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Since downloading the latest update for Quicken 2016 for Mac (3.5.2), I cannot do....

New transactions from my Chase account will not download since the latest update to 3.5.2, Quicken 2016 for Mac. I have restarted Quicken, restarted my computer, deactivated downloads and reactivated, restarted my computer again.....nothing works. Note, this seems to happen EVERY time there is an update. I HATE THIS.

Chase credit card account, Quicken connect, Chase
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2016
    Options

Tim: two quick things to note...

(1) Quicken is no longer owned by Intuit; it separated into its own company earlier this year.

(2) Most of the new releases of Quicken software are beta tested, by regular users like you and me -- but not all of them. Some are bug fixes that the company deems unlikely to require beta testing, or are urgent enough to bypass the time a testing cycle would add. (As I do participate in beta testing, I'm not allowed to discuss any specifics about what was or wasn't tested; I just wanted to convey that there definitely is active beta testing which Quicken does, but that not all releases go through that process.)

Sometimes after version goes through beta testing, as they start releasing it to a wider population, new problems are discovered that didn't surface during beta testing. Quicken is fairly complex software, with users who sometimes have 20 or 30 years of data that has been through myriad updates along the way, and which needs to work with 14,000 banks and financial institutions that are constantly changing websites and login procedures — so it's not too surprising that exposing the software to a larger group of users may reveal an issue that didn't come up in testing with the smaller group of users. That's why Quicken now does staged releases of each new version, releasing to perhaps 1,000 users at a time for a day or two or three, in case any major problems immediately surface that would cause them to halt the release and go back to make an additional bug fix. I'm not sure why this problem with hidden accounts becoming unhidden is one that didn't get caught even by that process; perhaps it just wasn't reported by many people in the first day or two it was trickled out to the initial group of updaters.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    edited December 2016
    Options

I also have a Chase credit card. However, I have it set up as Direct Connect and have not experienced this issue. Have you tried changing this account to Direct Connect?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Umpqua Bank no longer downloads since 3.5.2 update.

Updated to 3.5.2. Umpqua Checking now does not download, despite my resetting.I finally had to drag a report directly downloaded from the bank into Quicken. Also, for some reason, beginning with the last update, Quicken believes I have $700 more dollars than my bank does. At this point I am really hoping to stumble upon some other financial software that actually works with my bank and my Mac.
  • Steve Bogdanoff
    Steve Bogdanoff Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled QM16 v 3.5.2 Reconcile Issues.

Having issues with updated reconciliation process.  When balancing against statement, in new reconcile window Quicken is properly listing cleared items and shows proper balance, but when pressing "finish" items that where uncleared but within the statement date are now "reconciled" and throughs new reconciled balance off.  Happened on both checking accounts and charge card accounts.  Needed to go back to version prior to 3.5.1 update
  • Val Anne Beth Welch
    Val Anne Beth Welch Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

Point one: Quicken Connect has always worked fine for me and now it doesn't. The only thing that changed was the Quicken update, so I suspect the problem is not on my end.

Point two: I am not given the option to use direct connect when I set up my account. After I set up my account with Quicken Connect (and it seems to connect just fine with Chase to find and verify my account, it just doesn't update and download transactions), if I click on the "change connection type", it STILL doesn't give me the option to use direct connect. Either I'm missing something or........
  • Steve K
    Steve K Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I updated to 3.5.2 this morning.  I'm using Direct Connect to US Bank and it downloaded the current transactions, but wouldn't upload any new payment requests.  Showed a nondescript error.  

I see some folks on here saying they disconnected and reconnected to their banks and it still didn't work, so I didn't try this.  After about 6 tries of both trying to update all accounts and update only my checking account, I got a prompt to log into Quicken with my quicken online credentials to "auto-categorize" my accounts, so I did.  My US Bank checking has worked since.  Odd, and probably not helpful, but I'm happy to now be able to schedule checks again.

As others are experiencing, reconcile is really messed up on my checking account.  I'm going to have to spend time to get that back on track to work with the new reconcile feature.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

I had this same problem. Bill Pay and maybe downloading went dead after an update. I tried to re-establish the connection, but never saw the option for Direct Connect. The nugget is that Direct Connect is hidden behind an Options button that you probably aren't noticing while trying to re-connect. Let me find my lengthy comment about this. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Mark S said:

Just updated to 3.5.2 and had to rebuild all the parameter for my accounts.  Some I had hidden and wasn't using.  What a pain! 

Same issue here with hidden accounts reappearing.    After I re-hid my old accounts they re-appeared, again, on my next update.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Mark S said:

Just updated to 3.5.2 and had to rebuild all the parameter for my accounts.  Some I had hidden and wasn't using.  What a pain! 

Same happened to me.
  • RickO
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mark S said:

Re the accounts reappearing after an update... perhaps they are enabled for online downloads? Try editing the account settings and disabling online access?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

When will it be out? Will it let us set the prior balance in the window to agree with our calculated balance for Reconciling? That's the dilemma for me. My balance was always perfect til 3.51 which created a balance I couldn't change

Basically, I hate this update. All previous months reconciled with no problems. Now, even when I choose Reconcile using Statement, Quicken insists on using a default pf Reconcile using Online Balance (which I NEVER use, and making a "correction" of over $100 (I can't seem to find the window that shows that) for the opening balance, and after all transactions are cleared, it insists on a $1,007.00 Difference. 
    DO NOT WANT Quicken imposing its own calculations on my register/file, and I don't trust that calculation—especially when it does not show how it got there.

Unfortunately, I forgot to save a backup before updating, so I can't just go back to the last version.I want a way to go back to 3.5.1!
  • rangersix
    rangersix Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
     Hidden accounts reappearing. All accounts update but now I get security questions for accounts that are hidden. What a pain.
  • Sue Phillips
    Sue Phillips Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

When will it be out? Will it let us set the prior balance in the window to agree with our calculated balance for Reconciling? That's the dilemma for me. My balance was always perfect til 3.51 which created a balance I couldn't change

I reconcile to my statement every month and release 3.5.1 has thrown this into chaos. My accounts do not reconcile as they should and there is no explanation for the origin of the odd numbers Quicken proposes as a balance. They certainly bear no relation to the actual ending balance on my previous statements. PLEASE GET THIS FIXED!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Have you tried selecting the "start fresh" option to mark all previous transactions as cleared?  This worked for me.  I have transactions going back 20 years and may have had some long ago errors.  I preferred entering the beginning statement balance myself, but that is not the way this program works.
  • Tom11
    Tom11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Just upgraded to 3.5.2 from 3.4.1. Reset the Hidden files so that they are hidden again, and I only have the accounts on the left column that I want. In another thread I have had problems with ONLINE BALANCE when doing UPDATE ALL ACCOUNTS, with Direct Connect. But I now have all accounts set to Direct Connect, but have unchecked those accounts from my Credit Union that were having a problem when doing UPDATE ALL, in Preferences --> Mobile & Alerts --> Accounts.

Question on when I receive my first statement after this update. I notice when I go into reconcile I see a box on top left that says USE ONLINE BALANCE, and then I see on the right I see a BOX says USE STATE Balance, Starting Balance =, Statement Ending Date =, and Statement Ending Balance =. 

Am I given a choice to still use the old method of using the statement to enter online balance, and use the statement ending balance.

Or do I use the ONLINE balance and hit next.

And most people wait until they get a statement from their bank before reconciling, right?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Where is a start fresh button? I have the same exact problem
  • JOHN M MALONEY
    JOHN M MALONEY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

what is really the purpose of the graph in Bill Reminders.  It takes up so much space.  At lease give customers the option if they want it or not.

ok if you like that.  But at lease give the customer the option if he/she wants it.  you can also do that in Register of each account just merely show "All Occurrences in more that 14 days, say 90 days or even 6 months.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Mark S said:

Agreed. What a pain. 23 years of data with many hidden accounts, some that downloaded and some that didn't, reappearing and requiring much too much work to reset.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    RCinNJ said:

Just downloaded. I had hoped it would fix a problem where one of my Chase accounts will not download, but there is no change. Account Status still shows the account as never having completed a download even after going through the set up that works for several other checking, savings and credit card accounts at Chase.

Disappointed because I previously wasted 2 hours with tech support (waiting forever and then talking with screen share). I have tried both phone and chat support and both have involved hour waits. I did get some issues fixed, but not this one. The last tech was worthless. Had me going around in circles and then cut me off without notice when they reached their 5 pm (Pacific Time) ending time. Had the nerve to mark the issue "solved"!!!

I am having some problems since I updated it yesterday.  One of my
    accounts will not get online updates.  I am getting the "Invalid wareki
    year. Account keys have changed and need to be updated. 163" error
    message.  It was working fine until yesterday when Quicken prompted me
    to install the update.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I am having some problems since I updated it yesterday.  One of my
    accounts will not get online updates.  I am getting the "Invalid wareki
    year. Account keys have changed and need to be updated. 163" error
    message.  It was working fine until yesterday when Quicken prompted me
    to install the update.
  • RickO
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Tom said:

Just upgraded to 3.5.2 from 3.4.1. Reset the Hidden files so that they are hidden again, and I only have the accounts on the left column that I want. In another thread I have had problems with ONLINE BALANCE when doing UPDATE ALL ACCOUNTS, with Direct Connect. But I now have all accounts set to Direct Connect, but have unchecked those accounts from my Credit Union that were having a problem when doing UPDATE ALL, in Preferences --> Mobile & Alerts --> Accounts.

Question on when I receive my first statement after this update. I notice when I go into reconcile I see a box on top left that says USE ONLINE BALANCE, and then I see on the right I see a BOX says USE STATE Balance, Starting Balance =, Statement Ending Date =, and Statement Ending Balance =. 

Am I given a choice to still use the old method of using the statement to enter online balance, and use the statement ending balance.

Or do I use the ONLINE balance and hit next.

And most people wait until they get a statement from their bank before reconciling, right?

For credit cards that I have to make a payment on monthly, I reconcile using the statement. But for checking/savings accounts that have no bill to pay, I reconcile after each download using the online balance. This works well for me.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RCinNJ said:

Just downloaded. I had hoped it would fix a problem where one of my Chase accounts will not download, but there is no change. Account Status still shows the account as never having completed a download even after going through the set up that works for several other checking, savings and credit card accounts at Chase.

Disappointed because I previously wasted 2 hours with tech support (waiting forever and then talking with screen share). I have tried both phone and chat support and both have involved hour waits. I did get some issues fixed, but not this one. The last tech was worthless. Had me going around in circles and then cut me off without notice when they reached their 5 pm (Pacific Time) ending time. Had the nerve to mark the issue "solved"!!!

Yep.. Ever since downloading 3.5.2 I can no longer connect to Chase.  Thesis the worst product ever 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled QM16 v 3.5.2 Reconcile Issues.

Having issues with updated reconciliation process.  When balancing against statement, in new reconcile window Quicken is properly listing cleared items and shows proper balance, but when pressing "finish" items that where uncleared but within the statement date are now "reconciled" and throughs new reconciled balance off.  Happened on both checking accounts and charge card accounts.  Needed to go back to version prior to 3.5.1 update

Me too. I am simply unwilling to have Quicken override my reconciliations. I preferred to do everything manually, and I don't even download from my banks open paren call me old school).

I used Time machine to restore the 3.5.1 update. Unless the new "feature" is made optional, I will not update further.
  • Sue Phillips
    Sue Phillips Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

Yes I used the fresh start button - which told me what I already knew: all of my previous transactions were already reconciled. I finally entered the INCORRECT adjustment just to move forward. I'm watching the balance closely. I updated to 3.5.2 with no change to this awful situation.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I updated yesterday and now I cannot update my Chase and American Express accounts. Please let me know when this will be resolved and/or how I can resolve it.
This discussion has been closed.