Feature Request: Select group of downloaded transactions to ACCEPT (13 Legacy Votes)

ken jacobs
ken jacobs Member ✭✭
I often have 100s of transactions to accept after a download.  Rather than accept ALL at once, I'd like to select a group of transactions and be able to quickly accept just those.   For example, I could sort by payee, and then quickly review them and accept.   Ideally, when multiple transactions are selected/highlighted, Quicken would offer a button "ACCEPT ALL SELECTED" as well as an individual "ACCEPT" button.
13 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

QWIN-13865

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Great idea.  I had the problem of many many transactions being duplicated when I began an internet connection to a new brokerage firm. 
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    YES!....QM2007 has had this (and older QMac versions before that).

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    We are tracking this for QWin. I hope to get it done in one of the upcoming releases.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2022
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Deleting ALL pending duplicate credit card charges, rather than one-by-one in Win....

With some frequency, the connections between my various
    credit cards and Quicken become disabled. I disconnect the account, and then
    reconnect, and I’m all set. But when I subsequently do a One Step Update, the
    credit card data downloads ALL of the transactions from months before, most of
    them being duplicates. The duplicates almost always have different Download
    IDs, meaning most probably that the credit card companies have changed their
    technology, and Quicken is unable to recognize that that the old transactions
    (already in my register) and the new pending transactions are duplicates. I
    suppose that’s on the credit card companies. But I don’t understand why Quicken
    then requires me to go through each individual transaction one-by-one and
    delete the transactions from the pending list. Why not allow us to DELETE ALL,
    as we’re able to ACCEPT ALL? Or is there another way to resolve this problem
    without have to go through hundreds of pending transactions one-by-one?
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Accept Transactions.

I think the request should be to allow to delete a selection of transactions at one time...whether it be one, several or all, ones beside each other (contiguous) (e.g. SHIFT-CLICK) or far apart (non-contiguous), e.g. via CTRL-CLICK (or ALT-CLICK), then clicking a Delete button which would only delete the selected transactions.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Deleting ALL pending duplicate credit card charges, rather than one-by-one in Win....

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Accept Transactions.

For reference to where the original idea came from, see:
     Deleting ALL pending duplicate credit card charges, rather than one-by-one.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Accept Transactions.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018

Agree

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Deleting ALL pending duplicate credit card charges, rather than one-by-one in Win....
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 2018

Until that is resolved, This is the process I use. First I make sure Ihave no transactions with a "C"(cleared) status in the register, thenaccept all downloads, and then filter the register by "C"transactions and Hilight them all and right click on one and DELETE.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• DavidFarquhar
    DavidFarquhar Member ✭✭
    > @ said:
    > We are tracking this for QWin. I hope to get it done in one of the upcoming releases.
    New user. Ca't understand why this is missing. In my mind it's a bug. The button is there just enable it.
  • tntgalx10
    tntgalx10 Member ✭✭
    > @ken jacobs said:
    > I often have 100s of transactions to accept after a download.  Rather than accept ALL at once, I'd like to select a group of transactions and be able to quickly accept just those.   For example, I could sort by payee, and then quickly review them and accept.   Ideally, when multiple transactions are selected/highlighted, Quicken would offer a button "ACCEPT ALL SELECTED" as well as an individual "ACCEPT" button.

Is this feature still just "under consideration" more than 2 years later?! Like above original poster needs... at this point, most Quicken users that are still out there are likely power users, lots of transactions, lots of time that needs saving (and we pay Quicken royally for that every year). We *need* to be able to select a subset/group of our downloaded transactions, and ACCEPT those in one step. With well-oiled renaming rules and memorized payee lists... My grocery store transactions automatically rename themselves when downloaded, and automatically categorize themselves as "Groceries" when downloaded. I need to be able to ACCEPT them all, in just one step.

Please get this feature up and running! thanks.
  • Seconded. This feature is sorely needed.
  • bigkmk7
    bigkmk7 Member
    Quicken has an awful and antiquated download transaction workflow. The bulk of my time is wasted on dealing with downloaded transactions. Memorized Payees and Renaming Rules work fine but only if they are with repeat vendors. To work efficiently, I always sort by Payee and find the Payees that are new where I need to categorize and rename them for the first time. Everything else is a repeat vendor where I don't have to deal with them. I can just Accept All for them. However, the problem is that you can't just Accept All if there is at least 1 vendor needing to be categorized/renamed for the first time.

Quicken setup the ability to auto download transactions on a recurring basis, which was a nice feature add but that just means I have a huge list of transactions to import when I eventually startup Quicken to review things. God forbid if you purchase from a new vendor multiple times and you download the transactions for all them in the background using the new feature. You have to repetitively rename the Payee and categorize each one constantly until you're done with all the downloaded transactions for the new vendor. A newly created memorized payee and renaming rules do not apply to transactions that have already been downloaded. Seriously?! Even Quickbooks applies newly created renaming rules to transactions that are download but waiting to be accepted. Quickbooks also has the ability to select and add multiple transactions...not just Accept All. Quicken can keep spending energy on new reports, new security types, etc., but I barely find myself having the time to look at that stuff because I waste all my time importing transactions, categorizing them, etc. The workflow needs to change to make it less tedious. The feature in this thread and apply newly created renaming rules dynamically as they are added would be a huge improvement.

Please improve the workflow for importing downloaded transactions.
  • msf4087
    msf4087 Member
    Right now the only option for accepting downloaded transactions is to accept them one by one or accept "all" (for non-matched transactions). I would like to be able to select all transactions from a single payee, for example the grocery store, and accept "all selected". This way I can select (control-click) transactions that I trust, accept those and then narrow down my list to ones I might want to take a closer look at before accepting them.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @msf4087,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

Your idea has been merged into this already active Idea thread regarding the same request.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• PfunnyGuy
    PfunnyGuy Member

Can you please move forward on this? I can select a group of transactions in the Downloaded Transactions pane, but for the life of me I don't see how there is any way to do ANYTHING with the entire group, apart from Deleting them. A feature that is not useful, as I've never needed to bulk delete what I've downloaded.

Why is there a need to implement this? Accepting one at a time is a painfully slow process, taking 5 seconds on my gaming computer. It makes using Quicken a much more arduous task that it needs to be.

• tntgalx10
    tntgalx10 Member ✭✭
    Just a comment to this... I recently switched from quicken h&b for windows, to quicken h&b or mac. Oddly, downloaded transactions DO "accept" themselves in the mac version, in that they are downloaded directly to the register and then you can "review" them (or not, or just leave them until you reconcile, etc. etc.... but you never have to one by one ACCEPT them as in windows version).

So the ability is definitely THERE. I don't know why so many features are there/not there in the different versions. So far, I *much* prefer the mac version and I've used Quicken for Windows since at least 2000.
  • tobrien871
    tobrien871 Member

Development Team: Where are we with this feature request? This would save users a lot of time and grief, including me!

• Add me to the list of getting this done. C'mon Quicken! Help your customers out. The current process for accepting transactions is an unreasonable time suck.