Lack of yield column (15 Legacy Votes)

Quicken Community
edited October 2023 in Investments
It seems that Quicken refuses to add a yield column.  Too bad.  Omission makes the product much less useful.
47 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Submitted for review on 29 Nov 18 - QMAC-14627

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    There are yield columns if you select "Performance" under the pull-down on the investment portfolio view.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Not on my QM18.  I get IRR figures, which are quite different from current yield.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    You can also configure the columns to add ROI by clicking on the headings field of the columns. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    You obviously don't have Quicken for Mac 2018.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    It is Quicken for Mac 5.6.3, and yes those columns do appear.  What I find most helpful is what was readily available in the prior versions of Quicken (before the change of ownership), namely the current dividend yield.  I you have a stock that is down 3% from its purchase price, it is very useful to know whether its dividend yield is more or less than that and by how much.  ROI as I understand it is a very different thing, and is an amalgam of change in stock price plus dividends received.
  • cneal
    cneal Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    ROI is a percentage of yield to purchase price. There needs to be a yield percentage to current cost and a yeld received, a total dollars of all dividends received. This information should be in the database. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    I agree, This would be useful to have. Dividend yield, annual dividend and dividend date are not available in portfolio view for Quicken for Mac. Stock indexes are likewise not available in this view yet. They are available in Quicken for Windows. Example:

I am presently using both Windows and Mac versions, but I feel that the Mac version is getting close to being my go to version now after the past few years of reprogramming for Mac. I have added a vote for the Dividend Yield addition.
  • Randy Chevrier
    Randy Chevrier Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2019
    After waiting 4 years to move from QMAC 2007 to the new QMAC, I've found I'm missing 4-5 items in the investment module. One of those is the Dividend Yield for individual securities. This is a figure that should be easily obtained if the Day High/Low and Volume are being queried.

Please, add Dividend Yield to the portfolio view.

• Chuck70
    Chuck70 Member
    Dividend and dividend yield were in Quicken 2007. WE NEED THEM THE CURRENT QW PROGRAM! These are among the most important stats we follow and use to buy or sell, especially for long term investors and those planning for retirement. Why are you avoiding doing this? This is a years old complaint.
  • mbs3
    mbs3 Member ✭✭
    Performance reports both of stock and bond portfolios seem to reflect only price in QM19. In QM07, IRR reporting included dividends in performance calculations. Is there something I'm missing, or has this function not yet been added to the new QM?
  • rdcherry
    rdcherry Member ✭✭
    I agree. Dividend yield was a convenient tool right in your portfolio view to analyze stocks. Sorting high to low is helpful use of the data. When can we expect Quicken to add this feature? I would have thought it would have been added by now. What is the hold up?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    rdcherry said:
    What is the hold up?
    I think it can be attributed simply to having many, many priorities clamoring for attention over the past few years, and probably not-yet-enough clamoring for this one.   @rdcherry @mbs3 and others who find this thread: it is not enough just to add your comments here; you must add your VOTE. If you have not yet done so, go to the first post in this thread, find the blue box under it, and click the small gray arrow under the vote counter. (After you've voted for an idea, the arrow turns solid black, so you can tell you've voted. If you click again, it removes  vote and goes back to gray.)

For those who want this functionality in Quicken Mac, add your Vote above. The more votes a topic gets, the more likely it is for the developers to put it on their roadmap (or move it up if it's already there). 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Tom Hughes
    Tom Hughes Member ✭✭
    Agreed ! actually I would go for other data points as well, and I would be happy to pay for some of them. A full suite would include last dividend, ex-date, trailing 12 months' earnings and PE ratio, beta, maybe some industry info.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team
    ~~~***~~~
  • JayDei
    JayDei Member ✭✭
    Dividend yield in the investment portfolio view is helpful to get the overall picture of an investment. If the stock price is stagnate but the dividend yield is strong, we can decide to keep (or not) the security on the basis of yield instead of growth.
  • JayDei
    JayDei Member ✭✭
    Dividend yield in the investment portfolio view is helpful to get the overall picture of an investment. If the stock price is stagnate but the dividend yield is strong, we can decide to keep (or not) the security on the basis of yield instead of growth.
  • Please add Dividend Yield (%) and Estimated Annual Dividend ($) to the Investing Portfolio View
  • shozrus
    shozrus Member, Mac Beta Beta
    If I can't see yield % for my investments, I will have find a different solution for tracking my investments....please prioritize this for investors....
  • Mike_jMGS
    Mike_jMGS Member ✭✭✭
    Dividend and dividend yield was in Quicken 2007, This version is very lacking in the investment details. It would be also very helpful to be able to chart the prices of individual investments.
  • VERY necessary! You don't even have to calculate as it's already on the quicken site when you do a Security Overview query. Just grab THAT number into quicken.

Also, would be great to have bond interest payments in there so you could ideally have the ability to generate 'next 12 months' portfolio income estimates (Dividend + Bond Interest) based on prior period actuals.
  • shozrus
    shozrus Member, Mac Beta Beta

I recently moved from Window's to Mac….

I'm hoping you will soon add Dividend Yield to the portfolio view.

Do you have. a timeframe for this?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

A moderator recently merged three different Idea threads asking for the same functionality into this since thread, so things may be a little disjoined above due to merging threads. But the key is getting to a higher vote total so the development team will actually receive and review this thread.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mrkwmsn
    mrkwmsn Member

Dividend yield for a portfolio holding needs to be based on cost not market/

• tcolyer
    tcolyer Member ✭✭

The investment column menu in the Quicken for Windows product is more robust and offers not only Dividend Yield, but also Price/Earnings Ratio, Price/Book Ratio, and PEG Ratio. These are very basic tools used to evaluate stocks. Why wouldn’t the Quicken for Mac product want to be as useful as the Windows product?

• paulwg
    paulwg Member

As others have stated, this is basic functionality that is extremely useful when reviewing a portfolio, and would allow more users to migrate to Quicken for Mac.