Import Paycheck information from my.adp.com (6 legacy votes)

Automatic paycheck import from my.adp.com would come in handy
27 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    That would come in handy.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    +1
  • Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I'll second that.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    From C. D. Bales:

Lest we wildly advocate, can any of you be more specific about what you expect?

Here are a couple of related facts:

- Quicken's ability to download data from financial institutions is almost 100% in the hands of each financial institution. The only way Quicken is going to be able to download anything from ADP is if ADP authorizes it and signs a legal contract. Quicken will happily download data from any financial institution that allows the download ... when it is possible for Quicken to effect the download (for those financial institutions that only allow Express Web Connect downloads).

- If you are expecting to download the details of your paycheck - in the form of a split transaction reflecting your gross pay and deductions - you can forget it: the OFX download specifications do not allow it. All you will be able to get is a single non-split transaction representing the net amount of your paycheck. And unless your paycheck net-amount/splits change from paycheck to paycheck, downloading will be virtually worthless.

- Any financial institution can unilaterally offer to provide QIF file downloads of their data. Quicken, Inc. would not be involved in that process at all.

- And a QIF file download could contain split transactions, so you might want to lobby ADP to provide QIF file downloads.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    mshiggins said:

From C. D. Bales:

- Quicken's ability to download data from financial institutions is almost 100% in the hands of each financial institution. The only way Quicken is going to be able to download anything from ADP is if ADP authorizes it and signs a legal contract. Quicken will happily download data from any financial institution that allows the download ... when it is possible for Quicken to effect the download (for those financial institutions that only allow Express Web Connect downloads).

- If you are expecting to download the details of your paycheck - in the form of a split transaction reflecting your gross pay and deductions - you can forget it: the OFX download specifications do not allow it. All you will be able to get is a single non-split transaction representing the net amount of your paycheck. And unless your paycheck net-amount/splits change from paycheck to paycheck, downloading will be virtually worthless.

- Any financial institution can unilaterally offer to provide QIF file downloads of their data. Quicken, Inc. would not be involved in that process at all.

- And a QIF file download could contain split transactions, so you might want to lobby ADP to provide QIF file downloads.

Well put.  Thanks for the info.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2019

From C. D. Bales:

I would like quicken to login to ADP (like [removed] does), and download my statement in PDF (like [removed] does - without having to have ADP do anything) [and it would be great if quicken would download all my statements and store them in a handy place.]  Then I would like quicken to parse all the data out of the PDF file ([removed] parses some data out. It's a PDF file parsing is ugly, but at least it's text and not an image) And I would like quicken to associate all the data fields in the paycheck to categories and create a split transaction. It will probably need me to manually associate the fields, that's fine.  And when ever a new field shows up, quicken should just ask me. 

And if quicken has trouble, I would like quicken to create an open api  instead of the proprietary QIF format, so that people who want things like this can go do it themselves.

If quicken could do this, it would help millions of users on a weekly basis (bi-weekly in my cases)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Is there a reason that this could not be done via the existing ADP APIs?

https://developers.adp.com/articles/api/pay-statements-v1-api
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    +1

I am using Quicken 2019 for Mac and would love to see this feature implemented. 
  • adizukerman
    adizukerman Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    +1

This would be fantastic!  No reason quicken shouldn't have the most links (like [removed]) of anyone out there.
  • Susan Price
    Susan Price Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    +1
    would love an easier (less manual way) of entering paychecks into Quicken. I would love it if it added all the pre/post tax disbursements, the travel reimbursements and the bonuses automatically so that no manual data entry is needed to sync the paycheck transaction in Quicken to my actual paycheck.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to click the little triangle under the Vote count at the top to make your vote count (it may take a moment to respond then the triangle will turn black)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Susan Price
    Susan Price Member ✭✭
    done, thx
  • PeterV959
    PeterV959 Member ✭✭
    Given that Quicken does so much already, I'm really surprised there's not a way to link to the ADP payroll for employees. That way I could get each paycheck entered correctly. I am an hourly person and my hours vary from week to week. I can, and do, change the stored paycheck info but why not get it from ADP. After all, they are the largest payroll processor out there.
  • MDM
    MDM Member

Being able to download from ADP to Quicken would be handy for me!

• John-Dewitt
    John-Dewitt Member
    Being able to download from ADP to Quicken would be handy for me!

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

ADP is just one of many HR & payroll services. Here is a list of the most prominent one but there are many more:

If something like this were to be done for ADP I would imagine it would need to be done for all of them or there would be a lot of discontent about it from other users. Not sure how big of job that would be but I would imagine it will be a fairly heavy lift that would consume significant engineering resources. I would rather Quicken's engineering resources first be allocated toward fixing quality and reliability issues and improve software performance.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Jryski
    Jryski Member

I can not believe in 2023 I can't just link ADP. Or even use my phone to scan a check stub…