Warn user when moving reconciled transaction to another account (Q Mac)

maeks84
maeks84 Member ✭✭

I contacted support about this and they suggested I post this here as well....
I dragged and dropped several transactions from a Visa register to a Mastercard register as they had been put in the wrong account. However, I accidentally dragged one that was already reconciled instead of the one I wanted without realizing at the time.  This caused the Mastercard to show a difference in the balance, when I tried to reconcile it.  It was not easy to find.  Finally did by searching for the amount in the register as it did not show in the reconcile window, due to it already being reconciled (although in a different register).  Once I found it, I finally remembered what might have happened and sure enough, moving it back fixed it.
For a fix, I would suggest having a warning dialog pop up when someone tries to move an already reconciled transaction from a register.  Similar to what happens when you try to modify already reconciled transactions.
On a second note, when reconciling an account, it would be nice if the split would NOT automatically expand when I check the box.
That is all...

5 votes

Planned · Last Updated

This request has been accepted by the Development team for future implementation. However, Quicken's product development teams do not provide an estimate of when new/enhanced features will be completed and released. - CTP-7701/QMAC-26490

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    For the second part, I think you want to disable these preferences:

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @maeks84 I made an edit to your post to turn it into an Idea that other users can now vote on (see the blue box under your post above). Go vote for it yourself by clicking the little arrow under the vote count. (I also took the liberty of editing the subject line from a generic "area for improvement" to the specific idea you're suggesting, in order to get more eyeballs on it and more votes for the idea.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • maeks84
    maeks84 Member ✭✭
    When did that show up!?!?  Thanks John

Good edits Jacobs.  My bad for not coming up with a better title.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Really, this idea should be that a warning should be given whenever ANY change is being made to a reconciled transaction.

That is how it works in QM2007.

In fact, this idea, already exists here:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7782894/change-to-reconciled-transaction-warning
    so this is now a duplicate.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    No, @smayer97, it is actually NOT a duplicate. These ideas are cousins, but they're different. The other idea asks for a warning if an edit will cause a reconciled transaction amount to change; this asks for a warning if a reconciled transaction is moved to another account.

Further, although that other idea is not marked as implemented, it has been implemented; editing a transaction amount of a reconciled transaction does result in a warning dialog:

This new idea would result in a similar warning, with different text.

(I also don't think it's necessary to have a warning for any change to a reconciled transaction. I sometimes edit the memo of a previously reconciled transaction, and don't see the need to get a warning for such an edit.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    +1 thx for clarifying....

As for warning for ALL changes, I was maybe a bit broadstroking there...

Since changing amount has already been implemented as per your confirmation, there should be a warning for ANY remaining change that impacts reconciliation:
    - date
    - move

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Planned as it has been accepted by our Product and Development team for future implementation. However, Quicken's product development teams do not provide an estimate of when new/enhanced features will be completed and released.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.