Comments

• mistertheplague
    mistertheplague Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    [removed - violation of Community Guidelines]
    Quicken Premier Mac and Windows
  • Javaid Rana
    Javaid Rana Member ✭✭
    Please let mobile Quicken use non-US$ accounts off-line.
  • myles1959
    myles1959 Member
    I have accounts (and financial interests) in multiple countries and am thankful that Quicken supports multiple currencies. I only feature I'd like to see added is to change the currency so that I can have budgets for each currency where the amounts are in the country's currency and not in the home currency. Oddly enough the reporting (looking back) allows me to select the correct currency but budgeting (looking forward) does not. I have had an online chat with one of your support staff who assured me that this would be evaluated so I would like to know if this request is 'in plan', 'under consideration' or 'file 13'?
  • Patiently waiting, and waiting, and waiting for Quicken for Home and Business for Mac, so I can ditch that one last Windows PC sitting on my desk.
  • herman voeten
    herman voeten Member ✭✭
    Mr Eric thank you for the customer contact .
    As customer, you do me a pleasure for the first time since 1996 !
    Well if you could sort the trade ideas from Robert Hagstrom and Geraldine Weiss per tag list for the spraeding of the risk kapital on my portfolio's

thanks in advance ,kind regards
    Herman
  • dalrad1
    dalrad1 Member ✭✭
    1. Please add ability to tie specific accounts to a budget. Without this we are are unable to track our budget.(MAC)

2. In Mac reports; budget reporting is not providing the same reports and visual tracking as we had on our Windows version. What has happened to Quicken??
  • Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭
    How about a reliable OSU. It crashes constantly,
  • sleeper
    sleeper Member
    Can you please offer Quicken for purchase again?

I would like to give you money for additional features but I will not downgrade from "owning" Quicken 2017 to "subscribing" to Quicken annually. I will find an alternative software before I change over to a subscription model.
  • Barbara Brown
    Barbara Brown Member ✭✭
    I have been a long time user. I wish the program would work offline. I really dislike that I have to be connected to use the program. There are times I just want a quick look at an account or balance. I am on version 2017 because I won't go to a complete cloud based program. I never store anything there.
  • XisLord47
    XisLord47 Member
    One of the reasons I have not updated so far is that it is Quicken is a bit complicated for my household budget needs. I am excited to learn you are developing “Simplifi”. When do you anticipate it will be available?
  • hugh_mul
    hugh_mul Member ✭✭✭
    Set up future credit card payments the same way we set up future checking account payments. I know multiple companies accept credit cards as payment. The due date on the bill may be weeks in the future but the bill is now. I would like to use a credit card to pay but don't want to pay until the due date. I am not talking about recurring monthly charges from Comcast or DirecTV but occasional purchases from other suppliers.
  • DougRS
    DougRS Member ✭✭
    I have submitted several suggestions earlier, please review them.

Most important are user GUI. Make any dialog or display window remember last used settings for size and location; it is standard on most programs and easy to code!!!

Allow users to select colors specific to any acct and display consistently in any view.

Allow users to make/use/select icons for toolbars to make them stand apart from default icons (any icon) to make for easier use of Q.
  • Rich Riker
    Rich Riker Member ✭✭
    I have been a Quicken user, first Windows, and now Mac for almost 25 years. I like the changes and direction that the product is going and have plans to up my usage. In terms of suggestions, the categories and budgeting functions still need some work as I feel they are not intuitive or user friendly. Perhaps my way fo budgeting and planning is different.

My biggest wish is that I hope Quicken takes a look at adding a healthcare feature that better reflects and addresses the complexity of managing ones healthcare costs. From the credit and debit side, but also coordinating this with HSA plan filing and accounting. the ability to input deductible and co-pay levels for my policy and to tax accounting. I also think for us older individuals, it would help with Medicare accounting as well. While the ability to have this data downloaded from my healthcare provider similar to the way it is with bank data is a pipe dream, for most people this is a complex and increasingly more important functionality. I could see this as a separate functionality that aggregates the data in a single tool and feel that this would be an important tool for users.

I plan to start using online payments and possibly adding my extensive brokerage records, and will also use my iPad more. Keep up the good work and growing this product!
  • I have been using Quicken for nearly 30 years. If I remember correctly those early versions were a DOS version for Windows. I was sorry to hear when Quicken became a subscription software. I decided to upgrade to the last version of non-subscription software. I will use this version until it dies. I will never subscribe to any software! You could help people like me who don't always need the latest bells and whistles, but a simple version of Quicken to use for their home finances, but don't make it subscription!
  • jims
    jims Member ✭✭
    Please add support for linked checking/brokerage accounts to Quicken for Mac, as Quicken for Windows has supported for many years now!
    Thanks.
  • jeffdai@
    jeffdai@ Windows Beta Beta
    A way to automatically track credit card rewards points would be awesome
  • nporter4
    nporter4 Member
    I have been using Quicken since 2000.

1. I do not use the estimated tax calculator. I would like to do so, but the tax calculator does not recognize the benefit of qualified dividends. The result is program proposes estimated tax way above my actual tax liability. (Qualified dividends are more than $100,0000 per year).

2. I regularly sell options on stock investments. I have adopted a "work around", but I feel that Quicken could make a better method of entering the buy or sale of a cash protected put or covered call.

Part of the solution would also have to include closing the option position before expiration, expiration, or exercise of the option. In addition to Quicken, I use an Excel spreadsheet for some of the option information.

Thanks for the invitation to respond.
  • Jennkbr
    Jennkbr Member
    I need for Quicken MAC to work with my Fidelity checking account.  Currently I run a Windows emulator so that I can use Quicken for Windows on my Mac.  Please fix that soon!

Thanks,
    Jennifer Byrnes
  • h20av8tricks
    h20av8tricks Member ✭✭
    Longtime Quicken user, originally on Windows, now Mac. Thanks for trying to make Mac app better...

But!

I enter my paycheck with splits, and you guys made that so much harder with the last update! I used to be able to edit the scheduled transaction, now the procedure is so convoluted I have to rediscover how to do it every two weeks.

Manual downloads don’t reliably match scheduled reminders like they used to before this last update.

Downloaded transactions from Schwab have to be manually edited. Every single time. Sigh.

And, what everyone else said.

Cheers.
  • I've had Quicken (Windows) since the mid 90's.
    I work on a Mac now but haven't been able to convert over to Quicken for Mac due to the limitations of the program and horror stories among users who have tried to migrate from Windows to Mac versions.
    Please make a clean Windows to Mac migration possible.
    I have don't like having to run Windows on my Mac just for Quicken.
  • rgunther
    rgunther Member
    I'm glad to hear that you're updating Quicken, but I still have no intention of buying into your subscription model. So unless you have a standalone single-purchase desktop product available by the time you end support for your Mac 2017 version, I'll be leaving Quicken after years of relying on your software.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @clifpatrick

The subscription version of Quicken uses tags instead of classes.

https://www.quicken.com/support/learning-about-categories-and-tags-quicken-mac

There is a helpful discussion on the Community regarding classes versus tags.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7850516/im-trying-to-find-the-equivalent-of-classes-in-quicken-for-mac-2017

If you were needing the ability to show transfers between accounts, the subscription version also offers the ability to create a transfer transaction.

https://www.quicken.com/support/transfers-quicken-mac

Hope this helps!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Civico6Home

The ability to sync foreign accounts to the mobile app has been presented to the development team and is currently under consideration.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7467360/like-to-be-able-to-sync-foreign-accounts-with-quicken-mobile-85-legacy-votes/p1

There is no ETA at this time of when this would be available, however, you may bookmark the above conversation you will be notified of any updates or changes to this Idea.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Mike_jMGS

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community.

As there aren't any specific features mentioned in your comment that you are needing.

Please take a moment to review List of Obstacles and Hinderances for Migrating from QM2007 or QWin to Quicken for Mac and add your vote to the features that you would like to see.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

There were few comments on the ability to include or exclude transfers on budgets for Quicken for Mac.

This feature is listed as "Planned" this means that this feature will be coming.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7333957/add-ability-to-include-or-exclude-transfers-on-budgets-in-quicken-for-mac-452-legacy-votes/p1

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA to offer of when this will be available however it is being worked on and we appreciate all of the feedback and patience.

To be notified of any updates, please navigate to the link above and bookmark the conversation using the star in the right-hand corner.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    @pkoury

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to share your feedback!

There is an Idea thread that you may add your vote to for tracking cryptocurrencies.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7573013/digital-crypto-currency-capabilities-in-quicken-missing-the-boat

There isn't a status available for this thread as it only has acquired a few votes.

There is also an Idea thread for tracking precious metals, although it has only been proposed for the Windows version.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7444162/precious-metals

In regards to your question about Recurring Scheduled Transactions and Memorized Transactions:

https://www.quicken.com/support/entering-transactions-quicken-mac

"Scheduled transactions are transactions you create for regularly occurring bills, like your electricity bill or your rent, and for regularly occurring income, like your paycheck."

A memorized transaction is a transaction that has been saved to always have the same payee and category.

Currently, Quicken for Mac offers the ability to memorize the payee name but does not offer the ability to assign a category to the payee name.

They may also be referred to as renaming rules. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/renaming-rules-subscription-release-quicken-mac

I hope this clarifies!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Can we have accounts in currency other than the USD?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Two things - The calendar needs improvement. I receive deposits on the second and third Wednesdays of each month. Now I have to go in manually and edit the dates of these deposits.

Also, Quicken used to remember payees and would intuit categories they go in. Example: If I type in 'XX Restaurant,' it would put the category as 'dining'. Or it would look at last time I used payee and know which category I used.
    Hello @SewingDaisy

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to provide your feedback.

I would take a look at the steps here regarding renaming rules, it's possible that the issue is with existing renaming rule or that a renaming rule needs to be created.

In regards to your feedback regarding calendar improvement, I would take a look at the existing Idea threads here.

If you do not find an existing Idea thread that covers what you are needing please, feel free to create an Idea.

Creating and Voting for Ideas in the Community

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    with every update I hope that the quicken/mobile would work and connect all my accounts. Another update, another disappointment!
    Hello Richard Murphy,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to provide feedback, although I apologize that you are experiencing ongoing trouble with the mobile app.

I would follow the steps outlined at :

FAQ: Common Mobile/Web Sync Errors and Solutions

If the trouble persists, I would contact support directly for in-depth troubleshooting. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Can we have accounts in currency other than the USD?
    Hello @Edward3692,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your question.

To answer your question, yes Quicken can track multiple currencies.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-set-quicken-use-multiple-currencies

However, transaction download is available for accounts in the US and Canada.

The mobile and web app currently does not support multiple currencies.

Hope this answers your question.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.