Quicken and Zelle

Options
mjerryfuerst
mjerryfuerst Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Product Enhancements
From within Quicken, I should be able to instruct my bank to make a Zelle payment to someone

[removed - separate post created]
16 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Sonoran_Bubba
    Sonoran_Bubba Member ✭✭
    Options
    Would be fantastic to do a Zelle Payment from direct within Quicken... Don't know if the banks have that ability or not.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello @mjerryfuerst,

Thank you for bringing this feature request to the attention of the Community!

I have gone ahead and created a separate post for the issue of a missing character in the memo line, so that you can be assisted by others in the Community.

That post is available here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7878923/when-quicken-downloads-a-zelle-payment-i-made-via-my-bank-the-first-character-of-memo-is-missing

This Idea post will remain, however, and will cover the request to add the ability to perform Zelle Payments from within Quicken only.

Please be sure to add your vote by clicking on the gray triangle right above the current vote count, located in the blue box at the beginning of this thread:

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

• Jamspb
    Jamspb Member
    Options
    I am just starting to RECEIVE payments in my bank account feom people using Zelle and I wonder if there is a way for those direct deposits to automatically show up in my Quicken program? Does Zelle populate in Quicken?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Jamspb There isn't anything special about receiving payments when the person uses Zelle.  You just download transaction for your bank account as you normally would do.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting idea however I think the scope and focus should not be on the P2P provider but rather on extending the DC bill pay service offered by some banks to include P2P transfers.  Some banks use Zelle.  Others use PopMoney.  And I think others use Venmo.  Don't insist on telling the banks which P2P provider they should be using.  Let the banks control that.  But offering P2P transfer payments as part of DC bill pay would be a good feature enhancement allowing for faster electronic payments to individuals vs. the current paper check mailing.  I'd be game for that.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I would love to be able to initiate Zelle payments from within Quicken, similar to how you can initiate payments through banks that have direct connect. 
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Direct Connect and the ability to make payments from Quicken are rapidly vanishing, bank by bank. So this suggestion to add direct Zelle payments is no longer even possible with most banks. This idea should be declined.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.