Vanguard ol-293-a still happening after fix

I saw the post from @Quicken Sarah that said the Vanguard issue was fixed.  But I still am getting the same error I was when this all started.  Is anyone else having this problem still?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @robertdurr,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community to report that you are still experiencing the OL-293 Direct Connect error when connecting with Vanguard.

To clarify; The Vanguard Alert that @Quicken Sarah reported as Resolved was error CC-505/105 using Express Web Connect/Quicken Connect. This error is different and a separate issue from the OL-293 error that you are receiving with Direct Connect.

Vanguard's OL-293 error with Direct Connect, however, has not been resolved yet and is still an ongoing issue and open investigation. Please, see @Quicken Sarah's most recent update on this matter.

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused, thank you!
    (CTP-1144)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @robertdurr,

Sorry to hear that you are still having this problem.

Are you having this issue with One Step Update?  If so, have you been able (or tried) to connect directly from one of your Vanguard accounts? 

And have you tried to "deactivate" and then "reactivate" your Vanguard account(s)?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• robertdurr
    robertdurr Windows Beta Beta
    I can log into my vanguard account, so it is not an issue with That.  I tried both one step update and doing it individually.   This is the same problem I had month's ago that seems like it was not fixed.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And there was no improvement/change  when you did the deactivate and reactivate routine?

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• robertdurr
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    This problem is still ongoing. 
    For me it errors when with One Step Up but works if from Gear Icon, Update Transactions
  • robertdurr
    I tried both and they both fail for me.  Glad one way works.for you.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @miklk

That was the solution that I had suggested above, but for some reason it doesn't work for everyone. I assume that you are connecting via Direct Connect (as opposed to web connect).

Frankx

• robertdurr
    Yes, direct connect.   It hasn't worked since September 1.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @robertdurr,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community to report that you are still experiencing the OL-293 Direct Connect error when connecting with Vanguard.

To clarify; The Vanguard Alert that @Quicken Sarah reported as Resolved was error CC-505/105 using Express Web Connect/Quicken Connect. This error is different and a separate issue from the OL-293 error that you are receiving with Direct Connect.

Vanguard's OL-293 error with Direct Connect, however, has not been resolved yet and is still an ongoing issue and open investigation. Please, see @Quicken Sarah's most recent update on this matter.

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused, thank you!
    (CTP-1144)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I tried both and they both fail for me.  Glad one way works.for you.
    After OSU summary screen, you should receive the Vanguard error with Try again. Selecting this again will fail. Have you tried running it a second time? The second attempt has always succeeded for me.

• robertdurr
    @GeoffG thanks for the tip, but unfortunately for me, it doesn't work.  Same error every time.  I even tried Try Again 3 times.   

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    You might try Tools>Online Center, hover mouse over the "C" in Contact Info, then hold Ctrl+F3 keys while clicking the "C".  An FI Action Required window will display. Scroll to Vanguard and select it, then click the Refresh button, Then OK.

X out of Online Center and run OSU.
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    The Only thing that works for me normally is using the account gear icon and Update Transactions. 
  • robertdurr
    @markus1957 and @miklk thanks for the help.  I tried both but neither worked.  Still the same error.
  • markus1957
    If you are up to it, test to see if it is related to your data file.  Create a new file, add only your Vanguard accounts to the new file.  If it works you have a file issue and might try some of the steps below. 

Create a backup file you can revert to if this goes the wrong way.

Confirm you use just one Vanguard login for all of your Vanguard accounts? 

You could try a validate/super-validate, Copy.

Deactivate all Vanguard accounts and clear the Financial Institution and Account number values in Account Details for all Vanguard accounts.

Use the Online Center tool above and make sure Vanguard does not appear in the list; it should not if you have deactivated all Vanguard accounts and removed Vanguard as the FI listed in Account Details.  If it does appear, use Delete to get rid of it, be extra careful not to delete the wrong FI. 

Close & re-open Quicken.

Then use Tools>Add Account to re-establish your accounts.  Make sure to select LINK and drill all the way down to the correct account; don't accept the account chosen in first screen.  Do that for each account.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @markus1957 are you no longer having any issues with Vanguard? As stated in our previous conversation, I continue to have issue every other day with one of my accounts. The following day, all update as expected. This has been going on for many weeks now.
  • markus1957
    edited December 2020
    @GeoffG - still having the issue any day where Quicken is Not automatically pushing a branding/profile refresh, which is most days.  For sport, I use the Online Center process above to workaround the issue; it works every time, meaning OSU completes without the error.  On days where I try my luck and it fails, Fix It always works.  I never have to resort to the gear icon, although Fix It looks to be spawning that same process.

I offered the extra steps to @robertdurr because it appears from his description that he may be experiencing a different issue albeit resulting in the same error.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @markus1957 understood, I thought that was the path you were heading, but wanted to verify that you were also still experiencing this. Does not bode well when this has dragged on now for what, 2 months?
  • robertdurr
    @markus1957 I created a new file and attempted to add just my vanguard account.   It still fails the same way.  
  • tdixler
    tdixler Member ✭✭
    This problem still exists. It's been going on for months. What do we need to do to get this finally escalated to the right level and fixed?
  • mllaman
    mllaman Member
    I can confirm I am receiving OL-293-A when updating from Vanguard. Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Version 2020 R30.14 Build 27.1.30.14.

I have been unable to update from Vanguard since September of 2020.

Any word on the fix? I am a paying customer.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @millaman,

How are you connecting with your Vanguard accounts - is it "Direct Connect", "Express Web Connect", or "Web Connect"?

Frankx

• mllaman
    mllaman Member
    Direct Connect
  • mllaman
    mllaman Member
    Last download: September 5, 5:21pm
  • mllaman
    mllaman Member
    I also tried 'resetting the account' but received the message: Account Reset Failed.

A couple of weeks ago I tried setting up a new account in Quicken. It seems there is something wonky with the connection to Vanguard?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @mllaman,

I am not sure about "wonky" - I have not had any recent issues with Vanguard on direct connect. Are these regular accounts or are they retirement accounts (like 401(k) or pension accounts?

Frankx

• markus1957
    The issue is still present, except on days when Quicken forces a branding/profile refresh.  I'm not convinced this is a Vanguard issue since it can be worked around by using Online Center to set a manual branding/profile refresh request and then running OSU.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The issue is still present, except on days when Quicken forces a branding/profile refresh.  I'm not convinced this is a Vanguard issue since it can be worked around by using Online Center to set a manual branding/profile refresh request and then running OSU.
    I just got this error on one of my Vanguard user Ids, and just doing the update again made it pass.  I also don't think this is a Vanguard problem.  Just like the error that reports that the account doesn't exist from time to time.  When I look at the OFX data it looks fine.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • I am now getting the QL 293 A error on first update try and then on second try everything updates and says "complete". This on 2/25/21 is first time for me but it is after receiving the QL 220 A error message even though update went through and second update attempt gave me a "complete" message. I got that for several weeks and now QL 293 A has replaced 220 A.
  • mllaman
    mllaman Member
    I've thrown in the towel. No way, I'm re-upping my subscription to this crummy software. I have not been able to update since September 2020. Obviously no one from Quicken reads the forums or cares about fixing the problem. Time to move to some other product with active support.
This discussion has been closed.