Not able to add BOA accounts - CC-502

Quicken - Premier
Year: 2020
Version: R30.14
Build: 27.1.30.14
Windows 10 Pro
Version 1903

I have reinstalled Quicken on a new computer and am trying to set up my accounts with Bank Of America. I get to the 2 factor authentication portion of adding an account and Quicken bombs. The error message states that there is a connection problem. The error code above is also included. I tried BoA - Quick, BoA - All Other States, Express Web Connect and Direct Connect. I even went so far as to deactivate online services on the other computer. No joy.

I saw where another user changed the way Quicken connects and that worked for him. Something about changing Quicken to use FCS instead of QCS.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @lmbeck65

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

To learn more about the changes from FDS to QCS, I would take a moment to review the previous discussions available here and here.

You may also find more information in the following support article.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Bill_In_Longwood,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community with your question.

The steps to switch from the QCS channel to the FDS channel are as follows--
    1. Hold down F4 on your keyboard and select Help > About Quicken
    2. Click Change channel on the screen that pops up if it shows you are currently using the QCS channel (see below)

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• That did the trick!

Thank you for your quick response.
  • Quicken Anja
    Absolutely! You're welcome and thanks for the update.

I'm glad to hear that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

• henry zajac
    henry zajac Member ✭✭
    when I press f4 the curser does not move and can not move to the help tab and can not click anything.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @henry zajac,

Thank you for contributing to this discussion and letting us know you're experiencing difficulties in trying the steps above.

If you haven't already, I suggest shutting down your computer, and see if it will allow you to perform the steps after turning it back on again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• lmbeck65
    lmbeck65 Member ✭✭
    What is the difference between the QCS channel to the FDS channel
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @lmbeck65

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

To learn more about the changes from FDS to QCS, I would take a moment to review the previous discussions available here and here.

You may also find more information in the following support article.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • SLB1
    SLB1 Member ✭✭
    After updating Quicken H&B 2017 today could not download Bank of America credit card transactions. I deactivated thinking I could fix that way. But now a problem with connection. I didn't see the alert and caution not to deactivate until after I did so.

Solution??
  • frank8
    frank8 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Starting last week, when I download from Bank of America, only new transactions show up, no "Matching" transactions. Of course, several chats with Quicken support have not solved the problem. This seems to have started after a recent "updating the Quicken Cloud service" message. Two additional notes; before when I clicked update account, I would be asked for the vault password, that no longer happens. Also, when I click update, I get a "chime" as if there is an error, but no error message. This only occurs with BoA, all my other accounts still work fine. Any assistance would be appreciated.
  • SLB1
    SLB1 Member ✭✭
    Ditto today. In the middle of updating Quicken H&B 2017 got "updating Quicken Cloud service" message flash across screen. Then finished updating. Then when trying to click one step update on accounts, BofA credit card would not download. I mistakenly deactivated the account to reactivate prior to seeing caution not to do so. Now, can't connect with BofA repeatedly getting CC-502 error message--connection problem. And bank says it's not their problem. And Quicken tech support is closed...only open M-F. At least when I login and do downloads it does give vault password screen still; also my other BofA account works along with other accounts. Just the BofA credit card one doesn't.
  • BofA updates do not work; havent worked since QKN charged me for 2021 system; have been with QKN since 1993; this is terrible; dont hear ding as mentioned above; dont hear any noises; qkn update says this is one time event ;pls wait a few minutes; I've waited at least 30 minutes each time --tried it 10 times;need the update badly; qkn closed --only open m-f; something is going on--little blue circle chases its tail constantly; but no results; sometimes system will change the balances and I have to find what qkn did ...added deposit or debit;this is worst update qkn ever put on mehow do i get help????
  • Bank of America unable to update online account. I just turned on two-factor authentication can that be a problem?
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't download from UESP/My529 (Quicken Mac).
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @david_jane

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. Sometimes we do have some issues with 2FA but it's best to test. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• MaryU
    MaryU Member ✭✭
    After fixing a different error between BOA & Quicken by having to deactivate & reactivate my BOA account on Quicken, now I'm also getting the CC-502 error when trying to reactivate Express Web Connect. Quicken prompts me for the one-time sign-in code from BOA, I type it in, then receive the CC-502 msg. Has anyone gotten this resolved yet? If so, what is the resolution?
  • SLB1
    SLB1 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Yes. Quicken tech support had me go thru these steps to reconnect for online downloads that I deactivated and kept getting CC-502 error message:
    1. Make sure the account in question is not listed with other accounts that are set up for one step updates.
    2. Next...Go to "Add Account". Go through the steps until you can choose "Link with an existing account" and choose the account in question.
    3. Then finish connecting.
    This is supposed to be the route if account was deactivated, to get it activated again. Everything should work now for the account in question. Hope I didn't leave any step out.
  • MaryU
    MaryU Member ✭✭
    @SLB1 - Thanks so much for the guidance! Your suggested fix worked!! Life is Good!
  • PL30066
    PL30066 Member ✭✭
    > @SLB1 said:
    > Yes. Quicken tech support had me go thru these steps to reconnect for online downloads that I deactivated and kept getting CC-502 error message:
    > 1. Make sure the account in question is not listed with other accounts that are set up for one step updates.
    > 2. Next...Go to "Add Account". Go through the steps until you can choose "Link with an existing account" and choose the account in question.
    > 3. Then finish connecting.
    > This is supposed to be the route if account was deactivated, to get it activated again. Everything should work now for the account in question. Hope I didn't leave any step out.

Thanks for posting this @SLB1 - followed the steps and downloads are working again.
  • Jeff Nicoll
    Jeff Nicoll Member ✭✭✭
    I think I was having the same problem you are.  My only BofA account is a credit card.  I've had it for 5 years and had Quicken for far longer.  I've been downloading transactions the whole time and I was never asked for a 2FA code.  A few days ago, downloading stopped working.  I disabled online services as I've been doing for years to resolve these kinds of problems.  Re-enabling didn't work. 

I just found my solution.  I hope it works for you. 

I had the financial institution set to Bank of America - Quicken.  I noticed in other postings that there is another financial institution used, Bank of America-All Other States.  (Note the lack of spaces around the hyphen.  I don't know if this is significant.)  Since online services were disabled, I could change the name of the financial institution in Account Details to Bank of America-All Other States.  I was now able to complete setting up online services, including being asked to enter two 2FA codes. I verified with a One Step Update. 

After I did all this, I noticed that something somewhere in the process changed the name of the financial institution back to Bank of America - Quicken.  Anyway, it's working.  If you haven't found a solution, I hope this helps. 

• Mark Niles
    Mark Niles Member ✭✭✭
    Tried the solution suggested by @Jeff Nicoll, no luck. Returned Error code CC-501, then CC-502. This has been an ongoing issue for me since late December 2020. For the CC-501 instance, never received a code for 2FA even after selecting how I wanted the code sent. On second attempt, I received the code, entered it and the CC-502 error appeared.

Hoping someone can provide a solution. BofA says its a Quicken problem. Quicken says its a BofA problem.
  • kolbeman
    kolbeman Member ✭✭
    I am getting the same error. In my case, I'm trying to set up new accounts - and not reconnect an old account. The message states that there is a connection problem and the BoA website is unavailable - try again later. This has happened for several days now. No change. Any ideas?
  • Buckeye5
    Buckeye5 Member
    I am having the exact same problem as kolbeman. Any solutions?
  • DocB
    DocB Member
    I am getting CC-502 for Bank of America for more than a week. Is there an issue with "Bank of America - All Other States" and the state of Connecticut Bank of America? I have had no trouble with connecting for my other banks, Credit Cards and investment accounts. Only Bank of America with accounts in Connecticut
  • jeffor
    jeffor Member ✭✭
    I am also having a problem connecting my BOA account for the first time. I am new to using Quicken for automatic downloads and have set up all my other accounts with no issue. I get the same CC-502 error upon initial setup with BOA only. It doesn't matter whether I use BOA- Quicken or BOA - All other states. FWIT, I live in Oregon.
  • jturlo
    jturlo Member
    Talked to Quicken tech support about this issue. They say it's Bank of America problem. Talked to BofA tech support today. They say it's a Quicken problem.
    Tried the possible solution described above. That doesn't work. Had the problem since the new Quicken cloud service started about Feb 17th
  • This thread helped me fix my Bank of America issue after spending 2 hours on the phone with customer support. Glad I found this thread! Please sticky or make it something everyone should try with Bank of America errors for connection.

I was getting a CC-502 error and the error logs said invalid username or password combination has been entered. When that same combination worked on the BOA website.
  • To summarize FDS worked for me whereas QCS did not for Bank of America.
  • Steps to select are go to Help, mouse over About quicken, then hold F4 and click about quicken.
  • TSquared
    TSquared Member
    I a month long Quicken User and have never been able to get the Bank of America Account to work. I have tried all the suggestions here and other places. Quicken please come to a resolution on this. CC-502 error. Tried Bank of America -All States, Bank of America-Quicken and even Bank of America Credit Card. BTW I only have the credit card. Help would be much appreciated.
  • jeffor
    jeffor Member ✭✭
    @ApexEverything - thank you! just changing the channel to FDS worked for me. Especially helpful were the instructions regarding how to do it with the cheat code two posts above (Help -> hover above About Quicken -> hold F4 -> then click About Quicken). I never would've figured that out on my own.
This discussion has been closed.