Vanguard OL-220-A errors - started 2/17/21

Answers

• SchubCO
    SchubCO Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka - did all of those steps. DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM
  • WyattCoon
    WyattCoon Member ✭✭
    did all those steps - DOES NOT FIX THE ERROR - and now can not connect that account to Vanguard
  • Robert Berman
    Robert Berman Member ✭✭✭
    Since so many customers are experiencing the same thing, it is astonishing that Quicken can't reproduce the issue and work with Vanguard to get it resolved.

I can generate the same issue by just trying to "add a new account" at Vanguard and entering my credentials, then click submit to get the list of accounts for my credentials. Even that fails with the OL-220-A.

Come on Quicken! Fix it! It only started two days ago. What happened then?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hello all,

Thank you for the response and let me know the results of the previous test. I have one more step. 

Please perform an update now from the register.
    1. Open the transaction register for the account that is not downloading.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    If you still receive an OL-293 error after this step, you will need to contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Bob W.
    Bob W. Member ✭✭
    Just spoke w/ Quicken Premium Support - they do NOT have a fix yet. It he suggested to keep following this community discussion.
  • rs14
    rs14 Member
    I am having the Exact same error as above - Same version of Quicken
  • alan14
    alan14 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    NOTE TO Quicken Sarah - I have been downloading transactions from Vanguard & other institutions for years without too many issues. The OL-220-A issue with Vanguard popped up a few days ago, although initially there was no error message. Upon trying to 'deactivate ' reactivate' I got this error.

I tried resetting the "Financial Institution Branding & Profile" information using the steps provided by You on Feb 17, but it did not help. Please advise / post what else can be tried. I would rather not wait on hold for a long time and others have the same issue.

Update - 3:15 pm - Just note - I only updated Financial branding for vanguard, and I have multiple vanguard accounts. Not sure if I was supposed to do something to every Vanguard account - not just for one particular Vanguard account. My other vanguard accounts were not 'deactivated" -perhaps they all need to be for this fix to work. Please advise.
  • Jem
    Jem Member ✭✭
    Using the app "ccleaner" I deleted all the cookies. Logged into quicken and was able to download my vanguard transaction via the "conline center update" Subsequent tries to download resulted in OL 220 error.
  • lpreinhold
    lpreinhold Member ✭✭
    I just spent 20 minutes on phone with support, including sharing my screen with the agent. He could not fix it and uploaded my log files. He said they are aware of the problem, are working on it and to check back tomorrow and try to follow the instructions again at that time.
  • SchubCO
    SchubCO Member ✭✭
    https://community.quicken.com/profile/Quicken_Tyka - Your last post refernces an OL-293 error...None of us are experiencing that. And in addition, updating from within the register causes the OL-220-A error as well
  • mm2024
    mm2024 Member
    > @alan14 said:
    > NOTE TO Quicken Sarah - I have been downloading transactions from Vanguard & other institutions for years without too many issues. The OL-220-A issue with Vanguard popped up a few days ago, although initially there was no error message. Upon trying to 'deactivate ' reactivate' I got this error.
    >
    > I tried resetting the "Financial Institution Branding & Profile" information using the steps provided by You on Feb 17, but it did not help. Please advise / post what else can be tried. I would rather not wait on hold for a long time and others have the same issue.

My experience is very similar to alan14's. Many years of trouble free downloading Vanguard transactions until today. I tried the suggested steps and they did not work. I am also experiencing the same OL-220A error with a local credit union and, like Vanguard, the Branding and Profile update did not correct the problem.

My last successful download from either of these institutions was in early February.
  • ts1520
    ts1520 Member ✭✭
    online update used to work. now get ol-220-a errors from several institutions. When will a fix be available. Verision r31.12 build 27.31.1.12
  • mgibson4997
    mgibson4997 Member ✭✭
    Starting today 2/19/2021 I am getting error OL-220-A when updating my Vanguard brokerage account. All other accounts are updating. I tried resetting the account to no avail.
  • User222
    User222 Member ✭✭
    I also followed the instructions and no relief from Vanguard OC-220-A error for my established accounts.
  • Terry
    Terry Member ✭✭✭
    Same here.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for your responses and additional details. May I ask that you please navigate to Help > About Quicken and confirm that you are running the current release, R31.12.

If not, please download and install the patch available here. Once this has been completed, please perform the refresh steps provided above once more. 

If the trouble persists, the next step is to remove the FIDIR.txt file so that the program may rebuild the file and hopefully correct this issue. The FIDIR.txt houses the bank list in the program.

Begin by closing Quicken altogether, then navigate to the file. The file path is below.

C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Banklist

Once you have located the "fidir.txt" delete this file and reboot the computer.
    Once you have rebooted, please open Quicken and run a One Step Update.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • midude33
    midude33 Member ✭✭
    Previous steps did not help me either. I tried deactivating Online Services and activating them again but I just get the dreaded OL-220-A error.
  • Eagleman
    Eagleman Member
    I also have tried your fix and still get the error OL-220-A. I also tried updating through the transaction register as you suggested and still get the OL-220-A error. We need help!
  • arlingpj
    arlingpj Member ✭✭
    Not working for me either. I have tried all the fixes and spoke to Quicken support. I was told to wait and maybe by Tuesday there would be a fix. This is not satisfactory for a premium product.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka deleting fidir.txt doesn't work.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• WyattCoon
    WyattCoon Member ✭✭
    I tried to delete the fir.txt fix ; no change , still getting the same error
  • mikepilo
    mikepilo Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka- No help. Not working. Tried deactivating and re-activating Vanguard account....OL-220-A error again!
  • rm54tm46
    rm54tm46 Member ✭✭✭
    ditto ... have tried all fixes including deleting fidir.txt, rebooting and restarting with the same result. Other account updates working without a problem. Have multiple Vanguard accounts
    ==== OSU Start (20210219/16:57:48) ====
    20210219 16:57:51: QFN: Beginning send to https://vesnc.vanguard.com/us/OfxDirectConnectServlet
    20210219 16:57:52: QFN: End send to https://vesnc.vanguard.com/us/OfxDirectConnectServlet, netstatus 0
    20210219 16:57:52: Parse error. Current object: Null Object
    20210219 16:57:52: QFN: Beginning send to https://vesnc.vanguard.com/us/OfxDirectConnectServlet
    20210219 16:57:52: QFN: End send to https://vesnc.vanguard.com/us/OfxDirectConnectServlet, netstatus 0
    20210219 16:57:52:
    20210219 16:57:52: QFN: Beginning send to https://vesnc.vanguard.com/us/OfxDirectConnectServlet
    20210219 16:57:53:
  • SchubCO
    SchubCO Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka - Also tried deleting fidir.txt...No success
  • gbr1000
    gbr1000 Member ✭✭
    I am also having the same issues everyone has. I am running the most recent update (R31.12.). For years never had problems until Quicken turned into a subscription service. All of Sara's solutions failed. What the hell is going on with this company ?
  • SchubCO
    SchubCO Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka I also just checked the location you mentioned above for the fidir.txt file. It does not appear that it rebuilt that file. I deleted the file, rebooted the PC, opened Quicken, Ran One Step Update. Then looked at the location where I deleted the fidir.txt file, and that file is no longer there...If it rebuilt it, I would expect to see it in that same folder, no?
  • johnps
    johnps Member ✭✭
    I am also having these issues. I have tried all the troubleshooting and fixes with no success. A majority of my portfolio is with Vanguard so this is a major disruption.
  • midude33
    midude33 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka Verified R31.12. fidir.txt also did not rebuild after reboot/One step update. Tried to activate One Step with Vanguard and received same OL-220-A error.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for trying the recommend steps, although I'm sorry to hear that the error persists.

Our team is currently investigating the ongoing OL-220 error and have escalated it with our service providers.

To follow this ongoing issue, be sure to bookmark the Alert available here, to automatically receive further updates and/or a resolution as one becomes available.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • mikepilo
    mikepilo Member ✭✭
    Also verified R31.12 version. fidir.txt deleted (it was actually in a zip file at said location). Tried to re-activate Vanguard connection....no luck same error.
This discussion has been closed.