Feature Request: Child Windows and Dialogs Center on App, Not on Screen (7 Legacy Votes)

Quicken Community
edited October 2023 in Display/UI
I would like to see Quicken dialogs open over the center of the main application, as opposed to center-screen as they appear to do now.

I have a wide monitor and like to run the program on half the screen (Win+Left or Win+Right, for those unaware) so I can have my web browser and email client open at the same time (e.g. when reconciling from an online statement).  Currently, any dialogs (e.g. paycheck details form) pop-up center-screen, straddling Quicken and my other open program(s).  I would like to see these windows and dialogs open over the main application instead.

Some more examples of the dialogs I am referring to: enter transaction dialog, print checks dialog, add account dialog, recategorize dialog, etc.

Thank you for your consideration.
7 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Yes, please. This would be most helpful.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the OP made the case well. 
  • Dan Glynhampton
    Dan Glynhampton Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see this implemented too. I often have multiple windows open when working with Quicken - a web browser and Excel are probably the most common, and I frequently have to move a Quicken pop-up window out of the way when it appears in the centre of the display.
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows Subscription R28.16 on Windows 10 Pro v2004
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.