Validate file shows 1 or 2 scheduled transactions corrected every day I do a Validate File

I have had many issues in the past with corrupt transactions that when I tried to fix them manually, I found that reconciled transactions had been updated accidentally. Therefore, for well over a year, I have followed the habit of One-Step Update, categorize, etc., then File-Operations - Validate and Repair before I run a backup. I used to always run "Super Validate" but I don't know that it is any different now. Anyway, I constantly get 1, 2, or 3 scheduled transactions corrected (such as copied from the log below). Scheduled bills and transactions are also something that has been problematic in the past so I would really like to see WHAT is being corrected. If there is an error, include more logging on what was found and fixed. I can read xml, json, etc. so that isn't a problem.
[Sun Feb 23 13:49:02 2020]
1 scheduled transactions corrected
Validation has completed.
14 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• [email protected],

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

It seems that the Community may need a bit more information to be able to further assist with this. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Natalie I believe this is more of an "idea/suggestion" than a request for help.

"Scheduled bills and transactions are also something that has been problematic in the past so I would really like to see WHAT is being corrected. If there is an error, include more logging on what was found and fixed. I can read xml, json, etc. so that isn't a problem."

Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited February 2020
    Hello @JustMeHere,

Thank you for pointing out the suggestion portion of this post.

I have gone ahead and turned this discussion into an Idea thread so that other users are able to vote on it.

@RichMD, please be sure to add your vote by clicking on the gray triangle right above the current vote count, located in the blue box at the beginning of this thread:
    Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Validate log shows:
    Let's just simply say that I concur with this idea / suggestion.
    The programmers really need to review the Validate process and
    1. figure out why said scheduled transaction was not corrected, if the same error message recurs when one runs Validate again.
    2. display a line of text with information about the scheduled transaction (payee name, next due date, memo, amount)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To hopefully get rid of the damaged reminder please perform all the steps in Step (2) of this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team
    -Quicken Anja
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    Validate log shows:
    Let's just simply say that I concur with this idea / suggestion.
    The programmers really need to review the Validate process and
    1. figure out why said scheduled transaction was not corrected, if the same error message recurs when one runs Validate again.
    2. display a line of text with information about the scheduled transaction (payee name, next due date, memo, amount)

I repeat my earlier comment. The programmers really should give us more details about the reminder in question and they should review their code, to figure out why the message keeps popping up every time Validate is run. Did someone forget to update the database with the correction?
  • UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Member ✭✭✭
    This idea does need to be implemented.

Any time an error is reported, there needs to be enough information supplied to know what exactly was found or repaired.
  • RichMD
    RichMD Member ✭✭✭
    Agree 100%
  • cesarvinocur
    cesarvinocur Member ✭✭
    It's actually puzzling to find the same message every time super validation is ran, when no scheduled transactions seem to be altered at all.
    [Tue May 04 06:46:39 2021]
    2 scheduled transactions corrected
    No out-of-range security references found.
    This needs to be investigated.