Add number of shares to Security List

Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investments
It would be nice if the Security List would add a column showing the number of shares currently owned.
This would make it easy to hide zero-share securities, or even delete them in the case where the archived investment account which contained them has been deleted.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

15 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still want this. :)

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd appreciate this enhancement. 

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a hidden trap there if short and long positions cancel each other out.  That can occur due to erroneous entries (a Short Sell when a regular sell was intended or similar).  That could lead to hiding something that shouldn't be hidden.  An asterisk might be needed if any security has both a long and short position holding. 

Beyond that, it seems like a reasonable and helpful tweak.   
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my vote.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• dipe_c
    dipe_c Mac Beta Beta
    You have my vote.
  • Update the Security List to show the current number of shares held in all accounts and the number of transactions that reference that security.