RESOLVED Vanguard account gets a OL-293-A error

1235»

Answers

• Hello@mdadawaloh

Thank you for posting in the Community today, though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your 401K accounts. I have a few questions to try to better understand what is happening. It seemed that you indicated that transactions are being downloaded. Are these transactions accurate to the activity with the financial institution?

For example, in the instance where the account was deactivated and then reactivated, and the balance was accurate for the next One Step Update that was completed, were the transactions included in that download accurate?

In the meantime, try this step: File > File Operations > Validate and Repair > select VALIDATE FILE as well as REBUILD INVESTING LOTS.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thank you

Quicken Diana

• dnfinance
    dnfinance Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Diana

Starting in the spring of 2020, a number of Quicken customers (including me) have reported various symptoms of the broken 401k download functionality. I support @mdadawaloh 's request for an update describing any progress the Quicken software experts have made to resolve the download issue.

This link is to an April thread on the subject:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7874568/vanguard-error-in-an-existing-401k-account/p1

Here is a relatively recent thread initiated in September.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7881217/vanguard-account-gets-a-ol-293-a-error/p4

Excerpts:
    @Quicken Sarah Said:
    "This post has been moved to the "Current Online Banking Issues" category while the escalation is still open and ongoing with our service providers and the financial institution."

@Quicken_Tyka recently provided a status update in another thread:
    "Ongoing: 12/7/2020 No ETA is available at this time."

@Quicken Sarah @Quicken_Tyka
    Please forward the following information to the Quicken technicians who are working to resolve this bug.

I have conducted testing with various file download configurations and have identified a configuration that worked for many years prior to Mar-Apr 2020, but is now prohibited by the Quicken software. The configuration that worked used the "Web Connect" download setup for my employer sponsored Vanguard 401k account and "Direct Connect" for my two Vanguard retail accounts. Web Connect is necessary for reliably downloading transactions from my employer sponsored 401k account.

Tests demonstrate that the Quicken software prevents Web Connect and Direct Connect from coexisting with the same financial institution.

I would be happy to review the testing procedure and results with your Quicken software technicians.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This doesn't seem to be a "401K/Web Connect/Direct Connect" problem, it seems to be a "multiple user accounts" problem.

I can reproduce this problem using mine and my wife's accounts at Vanguard.
    The problem seems to stem from Quicken not switching between the different user ids/logins properly.  In other words say Quicken thinks it is getting data for user Id 1, when in fact it is getting data for user id 2.  And as such the account information is for "an account that doesn't exist in Quicken".

Note I think this thread should be merged into the one below because it is pretty clear it is the same problem.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7881217/vanguard-account-gets-a-ol-293-a-error
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Ongoing 2/06/2021

This issue is still listed as ongoing and is currently being worked on.  There is no ETA available at this time. Thank you for your patience.

CTP-1144

~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    UPDATE 5/27/21

Thank you for your patience through this issue. This is still listed as ongoing

Users are reporting that when they run One Step Update or an Update Now the update fails with an OL-293 error, however, if they run OSU or Update Now again - the update is successful.

If you are still experiencing the OL-293 error after selecting update now, please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue. Our team is needing more information from those that experience this issue persistently.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    RESOLVED 7/20/21

This issue has been resolved and Users should no longer receive a OL-293 error when updating accounts through the One Step Update.

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.