Biometric Login

Quicken Community
edited February 17 in Ideas for Mobile

quicken mobile should offer biometric login just like the banks do on my phone.

17 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Submitted for review on 2/17/24 - CBT-273

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    I agree
  • Just Lurking
    Just Lurking Mac Beta Beta
    I think it's pretty self-explanatory. Quicken should use the standard authentication API on Android and iOS and would naturally then be able to take advantage of biometric unlock on devices which support that feature, which these days is almost every phone.

This feature is beneficial to streamline getting into the application without needing to type a pin or password every time.
  • BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    Some ideas that I have taken and info I have found on Security.
    1. Get a Password Manager - and create a Super Hard Master Password > I use LastPass (note two step authentication can be hacked-google it) so next step helps on this. I don't have to remember any of the 700 website logons, just a hard password for password manager.
    2. I was worried if my master password could be hacked but found Yubikey with NFC (no battery charging necessary) seems to be a solution. Even if a hacker has my password and they would need my physical Yubikey (note google is now having their employees use this technology). IMPORTANT - make sure you have two or three setup with your account. Because if the Yubikey gets lost or damaged, you may not be able to get into password manager.
    3. Use a different password each site and let the password manager store it. I use to use some passwords but not with all the hacking this is not good.

My take on Biometrics (eye, fingerprint readers). What happens if your a company that has this info gets hacked and they get your eye or fingerprint info (you only have one), so dont think this is best solution. With my solution, I could change the password and Yubikey makes it pretty safe as possible.
  • JTBNYC
    JTBNYC Member
    Quicken needs finger touch opening/security feature!
  • ArtS
    ArtS Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    The app is working great. One idea to consider is only asking for biometric sign in once until the screen is locked. Its hard to go back and worth between quicken and other apps.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean on a mobile device?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• I, too, would like to advocate for biometric login to the mobile app. This is both more secure and easier to use.
  • JSPerko
    JSPerko Member
    Need Quicken support for Yubikey or other NFC confirmation. My Bank of America account has it deployed, and I can't add Bank of America to the online bill pay accounts, since I can't log onto B of A from Quicken--it's asking Quicken to touch the security key.
  • bellbill
    bellbill Member
    Lately, I rarely use the fingerprint function. I think it's better to log in with a password. It's just that my wife can easily use this function at night. Only I know the phone password. Lol.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rich Ard
    Rich Ard Member ✭✭
    It appears the discussion at the link is closed.
  • Charbear
    Charbear Member

Would like biometric option for Quicken Mobile app please.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Under Consideration as it has reached enough votes and has been submitted to our Product and Development team for further review.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Capsmet
    Capsmet Member
    edited March 16

Hello,

Quicken Classic for the Mac offers a feature to add a passcode to open/access a quicken file, which on my laptop the finger ID can be used for.

I'm writing to request that Quicken for iOS add the ability to require a passcode/Face ID to access the app. As of right now, as long as the phone is unlocked Quicken can be opened without any challenge.

I view this as a significant oversight that potentially makes highly sensitive financial information available to anyone handling my unlocked phone (which could be with my consent, such as if one of my kids is using it).

So, could in a future release could you please add a feature to require a passcode, password, and/or Face ID to open quicken?

Thank you!

C.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @Capsmet,

Good news! There is already a request for the functionality you are wanting and that request is under consideration by the Dev team. I merged your request with the existing Idea post. Please bookmark this Idea to get any updates, when available. If you do not see the option to bookmark this discussion, please check to make sure you're signed into the Community.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina