What is the current release of Quicken for Windows - R36.57 vs Staged R37.65 - 66

LarryC
LarryC Member ✭✭✭
I have just applied the 12/31/2021 patch for QW and my "About Quicken" shows R37.65. However, if I click on "Check for Updates" I get a pop-up window that says, "A newer version of Quicken (Release 36.57) is available for download." What is the current version that I should be running? Should I go ahead and apply the recommended update?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just sit tight - as there has been a flurry of updates regarding the Schwab migration, so the numbering sequence is a little fuzzy...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• LarryC
    LarryC Member ✭✭✭
    Follow up: During a one step update today I got the message: "A new version of Quicken is available for download." This update includes "Updated tax rates for 2022" and an "Updated Credit Score tool". But again, the new update is R36.57 and my current version is R37.65 so I am uncertain of what I should do. Can someone from Quicken support tell me the current version of QW?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Hello @LarryC

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. Pardon the confusion but the most current version on Quicken for Windows is R36.57. The version R37.65 is a staged release, meaning that is not yet available for everyone. Unless if you are specifically wanting a fix/update for your Credit Score Tool, I would say it is alright to remain on the current release you are on at the moment. 

Hope that helps. Let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I just got the offer to download R37.66.
    Crossing my fingers.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @NotACPA

Could you let us know how the download went and if everything is ok? I'm fine with you crossing your fingers but for those of us who have lived through the Schwab transition (which is far from fixed) I'd like to know how this update goes.  I got the same offer and said "no" but I'm listening.
  • MSC
    MSC Member ✭✭
    R37.66. Schwab transactions still do not download, No error message.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @LarryC

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. Pardon the confusion but the most current version on Quicken for Windows is R36.57. The version R37.65 is a staged release, meaning that is not yet available for everyone. Unless if you are specifically wanting a fix/update for your Credit Score Tool, I would say it is alright to remain on the current release you are on at the moment. 

Hope that helps. Let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
    @Quicken Paloma   Please update Windows R36.xx Release (US) and Windows R37.XX Release (US)
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Quicken Paloma said:  The version R37.65 is a staged release...
    Is there an Announcement about the R37.65/66 -
    I would hope that the Admins/Mods continue to Announce new releases,
    what is fixed, and then update the posting as it moves from Staged to Public availability....
    There is an entry for R36.xx from Sarah -
    and I thought there was one for R37.xx - but don't see anything titled that way.
    @Quicken Kathryn  "Quicken Kathryn"
    [EDIT] - also updated topic title to include Rxx.xx numbers for better "hits"

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Sherlock

The Windows R36.xx post has been updated to reflect the latest Release Notes from R36.57. The other post regarding R37.xx is up to date. Let me know if I am missing anything else. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @artg, the download and install of R37.66 ran fine ... but I'm not a Schwab client so YMMV.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Ps56k2

We will continue to post announcements regarding all available releases, as the information becomes available to us. In addition, you are correct there is a post for R37.xx. Please visit the link below. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901682/windows-r37-xx-release-us#latest

Let me know if you have other questions. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Hello @Sherlock

The Windows R36.xx post has been updated to reflect the latest Release Notes from R36.57. The other post regarding R37.xx is up to date. Let me know if I am missing anything else. 

-Quicken Paloma
    Neither of the last two staged release versions have been posted for the R37 branch.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901682/windows-r37-xx-release-us

Version R37.66 (Jan, 2022)
    What's fixed
    · In some circumstances, newly-entered register transactions didn’t display.
    · A crash sometimes occurred when working with properties.

Version R37.64 (Dec, 2021)
    What's fixed
    · A bill refresh issue was causing some Quicken instances to crash.

EDIT, make that the last three; I missed this one:

Version R37.65 (Dec, 2021)
    What's fixed
    · An issue that prevented manual transactions from appearing in the register until after a reverse-date sort.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Sherlock

-Quicken Paloma
    @Quicken Paloma

The earlier R36.56 is still missing from the Windows R36.xx post.

The latest release in R37.xx is still R37.62.  Are we to assume R37.64, R37.65, and R37.66 were pushed in error and users updated to these releases should be told to revert back to R37.62?

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022
    Sherlock said:
    Hello @Sherlock

-Quicken Paloma
    @Quicken Paloma

The earlier R36.56 is still missing from the Windows R36.xx post.

The latest release in R37.xx is still R37.62.  Are we to assume R37.64, R37.65, and R37.66 were pushed in error and users updated to these releases should be told to revert back to R37.62?

Yes, this is very disconcerting.  Everything was working fine for me, but since the R37.66 offered itself in-product as an update, I assumed it was not a staged/testing release and installed it.  Yet, it is so odd that it is not mentioned in the 37.xx announcement topic.  I found this thread while looking for any kind of answers / release notes...

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• TangledWeb
    TangledWeb Member ✭✭
    And Schwab still does not work reliably with any of these versions...it is more than disconcerting - it is a disaster.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

but since the R37.66 offered itself in-product as an update, I assumed it was not a staged/testing release and installed it.  Yet, it is so odd that it is not mentioned in the 37.xx announcement topic.  I found this thread while looking for any kind of answers / release notes...
    Bad assumption.  Staged release patches come through the same automatic delivery system, before they are paused after hitting a limit of a certain number of users.

One of my biggest gripes about how they do these releases is that there isn't any notice to these "limited people" that they are in fact testing the release before it goes out to the general public.
    Signature:
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:

but since the R37.66 offered itself in-product as an update, I assumed it was not a staged/testing release and installed it.  Yet, it is so odd that it is not mentioned in the 37.xx announcement topic.  I found this thread while looking for any kind of answers / release notes...
    Bad assumption.  Staged release patches come through the same automatic delivery system, before they are paused after hitting a limit of a certain number of users.

One of my biggest gripes about how they do these releases is that there isn't any notice to these "limited people" that they are in fact testing the release before it goes out to the general public.
    We rely on the posts in Product Releases and Announcements: Windows to determine if a release is only staged.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    My Rule of thumb: NEVER let Quicken automatically update.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    SO...... how does the latest R36.xx release relate to the latest R37.xx release -
    Does each have a set of targeted fixes that the other does NOT have -
    so, at this point, there is no single compehensive & inclusive Quicken release ?
    I'm sitting on my R37.37 until the latest dust settles.... already did the Schwab dancing releases.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Why does the R36.xx thread pop up on the Recent List -
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7899697/windows-r36-xx-release-us
    but the R37.xx thread, which was updated on 1/4/22 -
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901682/windows-r37-xx-release-us
    does not show up toward the top of the list like the R36.xx entry...
    Looks like the R36.xx has the "announcement" tag, even though all others are in the same Windows Category.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    SO...... how does the latest R36.xx release relate to the latest R37.xx release -
    Does each have a set of targeted fixes that the other does NOT have -
    so, at this point, there is no single compehensive & inclusive Quicken release ?
    I'm sitting on my R37.37 until the latest dust settles.... already did the Schwab dancing releases.
    My read is R36.23 was the pre-Schwab change release, R36.38 enabled the Schwab change, and the subsequent R36 releases were primarily Schwab fixes.  As R37 was first staged after R36.38 with R37.25, I assume it enabled the Schwab change.  The subsequent changes in R37 appear to include the Schwab fixes provided in R36 as well as a significant number of other R37 specific fixes.

For Schwab customers, I suspect the idea was, if you were using R36 and having unresolved Schwab issues, you could pull the latest Schwab hot fixes for R36.  The Schwab customers using R37 were on hold until Quicken believed the Schwab issues were resolved in R36 at which point Quicken resumed staging R37 releases.  There were a few more updates to R36 after R37 resumed which I assume will make it into R37 soon if they're not there already. 

Note: As we closed our Schwab accounts years ago, we're still using R36.38.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    There were a few more updates to R36 after R37 resumed which I assume will make it into R37 soon if they're not there already. 
    If you include staged releases, R37.66 is the last one (released in January).

So, I do believe that this is the "consolidated" version.  It has the release notes of all the others before it, and now it is the one listed on the patch update webpage: 
    Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows

Signature:
This discussion has been closed.